Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

41 minutes ago, Manini said:

Yeah sorry I took it a bit out of context, but on the BBC live feed there’s been a couple of texts come in suggesting to drop him as it’s unbefitting of the shirt (whatever that means) - more of a general rant in that case rather than referencing anybody in particular.  

New Zealanders hey!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

Asking "what have you given that for?" was a fair question, not an insult.

The BBC live feeders can get in the bin.

I agree but my comment was based on the FACT that any show of dissent and you’re on dangerous ground. 

LCCC supporters should know that more than most. 

I completely understand the reaction since it clearly wasn’t out, but various cricketing authorities have been known to overreact or not show common sense in the past. 

Ive been given out when not out loads of times but also probably had a few decisions go my way. I reserved the moaning for the pavilion or pub. That said, I never played a World Cup semi final. I also never got to 85. 

Anyway. Bring on NZ. 

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Match will be on Channel 4 on Sunday. Hopefully they'll put the afternoon play on Film 4 when Countdown comes on like the old days.

I was just about to ask what channel it’ll be on, so that’s that question answered.

would you remember the old days when the John Player League was on Sunday’s and they’d clear off to the racing when the innings was coming to a conclusion ?

Good luck in the final lads and ladies! Obliterated what I think is a decent Australians side (I think it's more than just a few world class players). 

Made it look very easy today and I can only wish we did the same yesterday lol

Think you'll win on Sunday. NZ will make it difficult though! 

35 minutes ago, StanSP said:

At least there's no rain forecast! Can't be dealing with the last game of the tournament ruined by the weather.

It would be tragic.

Also I hope no DLS has to come into play....

I suppose like the Semi-final,there is a reserve day.

I know you said no rain forecast,but shit it is in London,in England,in summer...

:dunno:....

How you feeling on the result,can England finally,write their own fairytale into history.

Edited by fuchsntf

11 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

It would be tragic.

Also I hope no DLS has to come into play....

I suppose like the Semi-final,there is a reserve day.

I know you said no rain forecast,but shit it is in London,in England,in summer...

:dunno:....

How you feeling on the result,can England finally,write their own fairytale into history.

Think England have it in the bag.

I think it will either be close or we'll win comfortably. Don't see New Zealand thumping us but if we can get off to a good start with bat or ball we're very hard to stop. Their new ball attack is excellent, though.

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If you match up the teams by position man for man I don’t take any of theirs, not even Williamson. NZ are real scrappers though and it won’t be easy.

Boult over Wood or Plunkett.

19 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If you match up the teams by position man for man I don’t take any of theirs, not even Williamson. NZ are real scrappers though and it won’t be easy.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Boult over Wood or Plunkett.

I have to say,I would put Boult in front of

Both.

Plus Guptil has been very quiet,too quiet,so far..he just might find his mojo

again on Sunday..!!

If we have to lose to anyone NZ are the most tolerable. But I honestly think we will win. The toss doesn't matter any more and psychologically we will be flying. NZ very nearly stuffed it up v India despite being in a very strong position.

We crushed Australia, absolutely destroyed them (and Australia are a very good side). Archer and Woakes put us in an excellent position, and the rest of the team backed them up - particularly Roy, who's destruction of Smith's over was a thing of beauty. They will win it for us on Sunday. (yes - I am bowler biased).  Brilliant to see Woakes get MOTM - but I could have given it to either of them. 

• Like 1

I’m confident we can do it on Sunday, but if NZ win, fair play. I’ve loved watching them in this World Cup, I think Williamson is brilliant, Ferguson is fantastic, Ross Taylor is awesome and I’ve always had a soft spot for NZ teams of years gone by (Oram, Fleming, McCullum, Vettori). It’ll be a worthy new name on the trophy come Sunday tea time whatever happens so let the best team win I say, what an unreal day and occasion it’s going to be...if anybody on here has tickets cherish every moment it will be once in a lifetime stuff :thumbup:

Edited by Manini
  • Like 2

I wish I had tickets - but thinking about it there will be lots on the market because the Indians were convinced they would be in the final. My soft spot for NZ goes back as far as Hadlee. And Jeremy Coney is one of my favourite TMS commentators. It will be a super Sunday - and England might actually win a World Cup.