Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Papy Mendy

14 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Rodgers said after the game last night he tends to overload the squad with midfield players, but he didn't exactly deny Mendy leaving. Having said that, Amartey playing with the U23s tonight while the likes of King were with the seniors suggests he's not wanted either. James still won't be fit for the Stoke and Rotherham games so he has missed what little chance he had to get back into contention.

If Mendy goes, that leaves us with Ndidi, Choudhury, Tielemans and Maddison, with another no.8 expected to come in. That to me doesn't sound like an overload, so does that open the door to King or Silva to stay? 

At least somebody else has their thinking cap on...I wonder at how easy

some posters first thought are sending ,

"Their own" considered access on loan.

We need a midfield coverage presence..

Mendy is one of that 1st choice-covering player,over a full season. That means anything from 16-25 games at least.

Either from the bench,or 1st choice on rotation days...most likely a good % more than King,Silva,and a distant James,who won't be simply dumped.

Amartey...don't think too much!!..to counter your thought!!  Amartey has just returned after a long injury absence,he needs games in those legs,to do catch-up!!  I am sure he will be somehow involved in all types of games before

Season begins.

Like the Harry gossip..Mendy ain't gone yet!! Plus agreeing to let a player talk to a club and leave,is a long way from "wanting" that player to leave.

• Like 1

Rodgers said after the game last night he tends to overload the squad with midfield players, but he didn't exactly deny Mendy leaving. Having said that, Amartey playing with the U23s tonight while the likes of King were with the seniors suggests he's not wanted either. James still won't be fit for the Stoke and Rotherham games so he has missed what little chance he had to get back into contention.

If Mendy goes, that leaves us with Ndidi, Choudhury, Tielemans and Maddison, with another no.8 expected to come in. That to me doesn't sound like an overload, so does that open the door to King or Silva to stay? 

no disrespect to King as he has been a great servant to the club but Mendy is miles ahead of him and we should be looking to keep him.

• Like 1

It would suggest the dreaded midfield diamond is going to rear it's head this season.

• Sad 3

Amartey is still gaining fitness after his injury I think, that's why he played with the U23s

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It would suggest the dreaded midfield diamond is going to rear it's head this season.

I can't see it. We haven't got enough strikers to play it regularly, and it massively exposes the lack of pace of Tielemans who I assume would play one side of the holding player and have to shuttle across to cover the full-back. It might be an option if all of our wingers are crap, but to have 4 wide players all not playing would be pretty bizarre.

15 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

no disrespect to King as he has been a great servant to the club but Mendy is miles ahead of him and we should be looking to keep him.

Agreed. I think King goes if we get a no.8 in (Praet, McGregor etc.), and then it's between Mendy and Silva as to which deep lying ball recycler we keep.

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Amartey is still gaining fitness after his injury I think, that's why he played with the U23s

But why did he go to Leuven with them when he could have got minutes at Cambridge? I suppose a lot of the fringe players only got half an hour on Tuesday, but you'd think he'd be around the seniors still ahead of the split games on Saturday.

I'd like to see him stay, purely for his versatility. I'm just not sure where he gets consistent gametime anymore.

6 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

I can't see it. We haven't got enough strikers to play it regularly, and it massively exposes the lack of pace of Tielemans who I assume would play one side of the holding player and have to shuttle across to cover the full-back. It might be an option if all of our wingers are crap, but to have 4 wide players all not playing would be pretty bizarre.

Agreed. I think King goes if we get a no.8 in (Praet, McGregor etc.), and then it's between Mendy and Silva as to which deep lying ball recycler we keep.

But why did he go to Leuven with them when he could have got minutes at Cambridge? I suppose a lot of the fringe players only got half an hour on Tuesday, but you'd think he'd be around the seniors still ahead of the split games on Saturday.

I'd like to see him stay, purely for his versatility. I'm just not sure where he gets consistent gametime anymore.

Don't worry Brendan will get it sorted .!!

Or injuries will force the sorting and any

Fret of not sure...!!!