Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Papy Mendy

Papy Mendy is reportedly a target for the Turkish Super Lig side

ByRichard CusackFootball Writer
05:00, 20 APR 2019

Papy Mendy has been linked with a move away from Leicester City.

The midfielder is reportedly a target for Galatasaray, according to Turkish publication Fotomac .

A report states that Gala want to sign Mendy as a replacement for Badou Ndiaye, who is on loan from Stoke City this season and is unlikely to be returning to the Turk Telekom Arena.

Mendy, a £13million arrival from Nice three years ago , has made 30 appearances in all competitions this season, all-but-one coming in the Premier League. 

However, he is yet to start under Brendan Rodgers since his arrival in February , replacing Claude Puel.

His last start for Leicester came in February's 1-0 defeat to Manchester United.

Mendy has made 40 appearances in total for City, with his career at the King Power Stadium beset by an ankle injury.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-star-linked-galatasaray-2778720

16 minutes ago, dooflip said:

It would make sense to sell if we can get anything close to what we paid. Hamza is good cover for cdm, money best spent elsewhere now we aren’t playing two defensive mids.

Yeah, especially considering we'll have to try and balance the books for FFP if we are to sign Youri and attempt to hold on to BC and HM.

I'd imagine somewhere in the region of £10m would be the price, which would be a help.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dooflip said:

It would make sense to sell if we can get anything close to what we paid. Hamza is good cover for cdm, money best spent elsewhere now we aren’t playing two defensive mids.

That's largely been down to the teams we've been playing though. We should definitely have that option when we come up against better sides. 

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Surprised he’s only being linked with Turkey because Mendy is a good player. IMO he could easily play for teams around us like West Ham, Watford etc. He just bore the brunt of being Puel’s man when he played both Ndidi and Mendy which led to a lack of forward impetus especially at home, which is why he gets a bad rep. 

I think he’s a very good squad player and currently better than Hamza. But I think clearing the path for Hamza would not be a bad idea as not only does he have potential but he also bleeds the Leicester blue and I love seeing players who truly care for the club in the team. 

I don’t think he could get in either of those sides

offers nothing going

foward

defensively chases the ball around.

doesnt have great tackling stats or interception stats.

was the weakest link in our midfeild   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the trouble is if we are likely to get 10 million plus offers for people who are not even in the starting line up and about to enter the last year of his contract.. it would be difficult to turn down... especially as  we can all remember how well hamza did when he came in...

Edited by MPH

Feel a bit sorry for him.

• Came in with the impossible job of replacing Kante
  • Got a serious injury nearly straight away
  • When he came back, ended up playing in a team with a serious identity crisis

He's not a player who I would be desperate to get rid of - he's as good as back up as you can realistically hope for. But I suppose if we were offered a half decent amount of money for him then we'd be stupid not to accept it.

• Like 4