Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Andrea Petangna

I am a bit concerned about the amount of time this player has been on loan - scored very few goals until this season.20 million sounds over priced and a lot much than he would fetch in Italy. Rather spend that and a bit more to get someone like Wilson or failing that Mitrovic/Rondon etc etc.I don't know how much money we have spent finding someone to work alongside Vardy and this sounds like another gamble if true.

Been good at SPAL. This has been the season where he's come good. 

Big strong player at only 23 so will be one for the future/future Vardy replacement. Could even work as a striker partner while Vardy is still here to be honest.

What he lacks in pace he makes up for with physicality and being aerially dominant. Knows how to put his body about and not that bad on the ball for a big guy, either. Rondon-esque you could say.

Just hope he's not like Belotti who was a one-season wonder in 2016/17 and hasn't done much since.

It'd be a risk but there's a reason scouts have been there more than once! £20m is a relatively cheap risk these days though, however. Can't imagine we'd get Rondon for that cheap.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

I am a bit concerned about the amount of time this player has been on loan - scored very few goals until this season.20 million sounds over priced and a lot much than he would fetch in Italy. Rather spend that and a bit more to get someone like Wilson or failing that Mitrovic/Rondon etc etc.I don't know how much money we have spent finding someone to work alongside Vardy and this sounds like another gamble if true.

Very common for Italian clubs to loan youth players out. Signed up in their droves as youngsters by the bigger clubs and farmed out year upon year. Sometimes clubs are worse than Chelsea for it lol 

He did OK at Atalanta but never really scored more than 10 a season if I remember rightly. I know he will go to a bigger team than us but Zapata is killing it this season.

Great club over in Bergamo and cracking fans, he will love our clapping to George Ezra.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Hmm not sure on this one to be honest. I suppose whoever we buy up front is one for the future instead of first team but our record for strikers is mixed to put it mildly. 

We need the YouTube highlights reel to make an informed opinion!

Not much on him at YT. Wanted to see if he could press or dribble the ball but all I saw were the same things you'd expect to see from Natcho. If this is true then it doesn't look good for Natcho.

Andrea Petagna Characteristics

+ Strengths

Finishing
Strong
Headed attempts
Strong

- Weaknesses

Defensive contribution
Weak

Andrea Petagna's Style of Play

• Indirect set-piece threat
  • Likes to play long balls
  • Plays the ball off the ground often
  • Likes to dribble
  • Does not dive into tackles
© WhoScored.com

* Strengths, weaknesses and styles are calculated from statistics of each player's latest two seasons

Thank you @moore_94 and @StanSP for those clips.

I think he looks quite decent after those videos. If you want to play a 433 style system with one striker and two wide forwards then you want your front man to be :

- Physically strong to hold up the ball and battle off two defenders when needed.

- Intelligent. To be able to make the right runs and pass the ball to the other wide forwards when needed. The ability to link play with the rest of the team.

- Technical. They are often going to be up on their own and might need a good touch and technique to bring the ball down in tight spaces to engineer an opening or link play.

- Hard working. They need to chase the ball down and act as the first line of defence.

- Clinical. A striker needs to put the ball in the back of the net!

If I had to name one player in world football as a great example of this, I would pick Robert Lewandowski of Bayern Munich and Poland. Forget his club and age for a moment, the way he plays uses all of these characteristics. That's why he is a top class player, expect at the World Cup when the rest of his team let him down!

I can't really say I know much about this player, but on inspection it looks like he fits that sort of mould of striker. So I can see why there might be interest. His defensive contribution might be weak, but Italian teams in general don't play a fast pressing game and belong still quite young he could learn that.

Edited by StriderHiryu

46 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Pelle wasn't bad was he?

I was thinking of Dani Osvaldo to be honest- he was borderline insane. Manolo Gabbiadini's form disappeared completely after about 6 games too. You're right though, Pelle was decent.