Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Andrea Petangna

12 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Whats he on? First rubbish Google hit site reckons 120k a week....

Is that about what Vards is on?

He'll know he'll have to take a cut to stay in the prem as his contract is up. 

Depends if he receives offers from China etc....

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Edingleyfox said:

I am a bit concerned about the amount of time this player has been on loan - scored very few goals until this season.20 million sounds over priced and a lot much than he would fetch in Italy. Rather spend that and a bit more to get someone like Wilson or failing that Mitrovic/Rondon etc etc.I don't know how much money we have spent finding someone to work alongside Vardy and this sounds like another gamble if true.

Atalanta had like 60 odd players on loan at one point recently, its their thing.

39 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Whats he on? First rubbish Google hit site reckons 120k a week....

Is that about what Vards is on?

Yeah Sturridge is on about that apparently. Think Vardy is north of that. Wages is the biggest problem for us, we were at the top of our limit in this last year but now we are bringing in younger players who don't command quite as much initially we have some room to play with.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He's a winger mate. Vardy's pace is not even really his biggest attribute for us, it is his finishing ability. It is why the club felt confident enough to hand him a contract until he is 35, because he will still be able to finish then, despite probably losing his pace. Dan James is an entirely different sort of player, aside his paciness. He'd be a good signing but absolutely would be ruined if played as a striker. I mean, Gray is pacy, and him as a striker has been a rather failed experiment.

Spot on. Remarkable how few people outside of the club appreciate just how good his technique actually is, his goals are frequently pure filth yet it's never picked up on.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

IMO we’ll be signing two strikers this summer and for me Petagna is one of those strikers that will be better as he matures. Petagna and Adams (to learn from Vardy) as options off the bench would be ideal. 

I just don't see how we can keep 2 extra strikers even remotely content. At least one of those backup strikers will need to be the sort of player that plays anywhere across the front three and therefore plays a fair bit out wide whilst Vardy is playing. Also, I don't think we'll get 2 strikers and keep Iheanacho. I think Iheanacho needs moving on, possibly on loan at first with the carrot of someone paying us at least £20m at the end of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I just don't see how we can keep 2 extra strikers even remotely content. At least one of those backup strikers will need to be the sort of player that plays anywhere across the front three and therefore plays a fair bit out wide whilst Vardy is playing. Also, I don't think we'll get 2 strikers and keep Iheanacho. I think Iheanacho needs moving on, possibly on loan at first with the carrot of someone paying us at least £20m at the end of it.

I think the best course of action would be signing one new and really good, young striker in the mould* of Maupay, who offers hold-up and link-up that Vardy does not, and loaning out Iheanacho somewhere he can prove himself. We'll only really need two strikers next season, and if worst comes to worst we can play Maddison as a false 9. This way we could also give minutes to the likes of Arnott-John against League 2 opposition in the cups.

Edited by Nicolo Barella
  • Like 1

On 26/04/2019 at 00:19, Ian Nacho said:

Not quite sure why people write a player off through looking at their Wikipedia and seeing how many goals they've scored. Using that method, looking at Barnes since he's come back, he's been absolutely sh*te. There's more to football than stats.

And what a wonderfully boring place FT would be if we all agreed. Surely one of the reasons for a thread like this is people have different opinions. 

I wouldn’t take too much from the price tag... it could be £10m upfront with another £10m purely based on performance related add ons. 

On 26/04/2019 at 00:40, Kopfkino said:

If we're not in for Che Adams but are in for guys like this then I'm gonna be fuming

From reading the John Percy report he states Brendan is after at least one striker so wouldn’t be surprised to see us bring 2 forwards in.

On 26/04/2019 at 05:26, Nicolo Barella said:

He's a winger mate. Vardy's pace is not even really his biggest attribute for us, it is his finishing ability. It is why the club felt confident enough to hand him a contract until he is 35, because he will still be able to finish then, despite probably losing his pace. Dan James is an entirely different sort of player, aside his paciness. He'd be a good signing but absolutely would be ruined if played as a striker. I mean, Gray is pacy, and him as a striker has been a rather failed experiment.

On 26/04/2019 at 05:56, Carl the Llama said:

Spot on. Remarkable how few people outside of the club appreciate just how good his technique actually is, his goals are frequently pure filth yet it's never picked up on.

you cant base everything  on Gray. . People switch positions in their career. it happens.

Gareth Bale had many successful games as a left back before becoming a winger.

1 hour ago, MPH said:

you cant base everything  on Gray. . People switch positions in their career. it happens.

Gareth Bale had many successful games as a left back before becoming a winger.

Gray was just an example. This kid Dan James has given literally no hints that his future position is that of a striker, and the only big similarity he shares with Vardy is his pace. Sure maybe one day he'll make it there but my point was it's a little silly to just pick a pacy young* player in the league below and say he'd make a good backup for Vardy just because they're pacy, young, and talented.

Edited by Nicolo Barella