Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Andrea Petangna

£20m is way too much for him (I know it’s probably euros) and I think the goals I saw him get for Atalanta were mainly headers.

For lower than that and as an option from the bench he’s probably worth a shot but I can’t see us signing him as Vardys strike partner.

I'm fussier than most but I quite like what I've found out about him. Big, strong, great in the air with a good touch, dribbling, passer and a finisher. Slow as owt though but 23 years old and one cap for Italy suggests he has some sort of pedigree and is young and offers something different to Vardy.

I quite like this one on the face of it.

https://www.futhead.com/19/players/22320/andrea-petagna/

Edited by Gerard

Not quite sure why people write a player off through looking at their Wikipedia and seeing how many goals they've scored. Using that method, looking at Barnes since he's come back, he's been absolutely sh*te. There's more to football than stats.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

How reliable is the guardian these days? Can't say they’ve ever really stuck out for me, though I’m not a fan of the publication. 

All I know is that they don't usually post BS rumours. They have a special section for that. Its not the Mail or the Sun.

Telegraph, Guardian and the Times are usually legit. Like I said in a previous post I would never have trusted the rumours about Rodgers if they weren't in those publications.

For news I'm not a fan of the Guardian eather. Talk about agenda. Football only.

How mobile is he and can he lead a press from the front? Brendan has come out and said, on multiple occasions already, that he wants that in his forwards and won’t be signing target men. Can this guy offer that?

3 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

I would be happy with this, but I feel 20 million is to much. 

He seems hard working still only 23. 

physically strong and 13 goals in a shit team, think he would get alot more here. 

Playing league cup games and the last fifteen mins of some PL games ??

no second striker at our club is going to rack up double figures for goals and Brendan doesn’t play two up top 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

no second striker at our club is going to rack up double figures for goals and Brendan doesn’t play two up top 

This is why we need to look for a striker who plays anywhere across the front three. A player who can play with Vardy but also centrally should Vardy not be available. He did play Sturridge and Suarez together at Liverpool but the blend has to be right.

• Like 3

Am I the only one that thinks we need 2 strikers this summer - both of which will be reserve to Vardy. 

We need someone who can fill the Vardy role when he isn't available. Preferably someone young.

We also need a big man to come on off the bench in these horrible games like Newcastle at home. It may be our best way of breaking them down. 

Okazaki is moving on which leaves us with 2 strikers - Vardy and Nacho.

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is why we need to look for a striker who plays anywhere across the front three. A player who can play with Vardy but also centrally should Vardy not be available. He did play Sturridge and Suarez together at Liverpool but the blend has to be right.

I honestly think Sturridge would precisely fit the bill for the next 2 years.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

He may not play two upfront but we need to plan for life after Vardy, getting this young lad in to learn from Jamie and maybe someday replace him would not be a bad idea. 

I worry for us if we don't find a striker who can help out with a few goals because when Jamie does call it a day we will be ****ed. 

Back in the day we had Vardy, Ulloa and Nugent all who could come on and get a goal. 

Edited by Vindaloo FOX

Deal would be with Spal as they have an obligation to buy at the end of his loan, same as what is happening with Jovic at Frankfurt

Might make it cost a bit more if we are trying to buy him from the team that needed his goals to stay up than the team who loaned him out

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd not be against it if we could get his wages cut in half.

Whats he on? First rubbish Google hit site reckons 120k a week....

Is that about what Vards is on?

Edited by Nick