Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, Foxxed said:

Glad to see Mahrez do well. Mardy as he was I'm still happy to see one of our trophy winners continue to succeed.

Also, no Drinky in the Burnley squad? And Zaha on the bench for Palace?

Drinky having his Syrup trimmed? 

Just now, Foxxed said:

Zaha has served Palace well. And most players (and most employees) want to move onto pastures new eventually. Petty to bench him for that.

Maybe. We don't know how he reacted to not getting his move. Hodgson admitted he wanted to go.

6 minutes ago, womp said:

im assuming you've not seen VAR decisions before this week.

I've seen several. First time seeing it was in the A-League a few years ago where it's used fairly quickly. Helps that they have massive screens so everyone sees what's being looked at. That's a big gripe from a lot of fans that inside the stadiums here nothing is seen apart from a notification that VAR check is going on.

If everyone could see inside the stadiums what the VAR officials are seeing at the same time, I think it may appease many. At least they'd have a sense of what exactly is being looked at or what may have been missed by the on-field officials.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Is it only me who’s not really buying this ‘our lines are thinner and more precise’ when checking offside goals... I don’t see why they’d show different images from the same software, one for refs one for fans? Surely they’d want to show the clearest image? 

Protecting their referees and justifying their decision making probably.

3 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Is it only me who’s not really buying this ‘our lines are thinner and more precise’ when checking offside goals... I don’t see why they’d show different images from the same software, one for refs one for fans? Surely they’d want to show the clearest image? 

What I don't understand is why 2 different angles were used for 2 different goals in the Man City game?

One was side-on, which I prefer and I think is the best way to look at it as it's where a linesman would look from, and the other was more towards a front-on view as in from the corner flag looking towards the edge of the box near the D. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Feel free to not believe it, but you'd be wrong. All the lines drawn on the pitch are the same dimensions, so provided there's a discernible difference between the position of the lines (a computer program could discover is there's a difference), then the thickness of the drawn line is irrelevant. The thin "crosshair" line is what's vital.

Edited by Beechey
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Then hand a transfer request in in June, don't wait until the day before deadline day and submit one.

Deadline day? Wasn't it open knowledge he wanted to move months ago?

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Removes the benefit of doubt going to the attacker - we will end up with a thicker line - why is it taking them so long to work it out ??

Of course it removes the benefit of the doubt going to the attacker, because this often led to goals that shouldn't stand.

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

New low for Paul Merson, struggling to pronounce Ben Mee's surname.

Already annoyed me today talking shite. He questioned Potter going to Brighton and signing Maupay (despite the fact his record was great for Brentford) yet said Welbeck was a great signing. Same bloke who's constantly injured.

12 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Deadline day? Wasn't it open knowledge he wanted to move months ago?

Submit a transfer request then? Don't sit on your loyalty bonus for months and then sting your club the day before the deadline. If Palace had sold him they'd 100% be going down, at least this way they have a chance.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Submit a transfer request then? Don't sit on your loyalty bonus for months and then sting your club the day before the deadline. If Palace had sold him they'd 100% be going down, at least this way they have a chance.

Took ages for Maguire to hand one in. Hard to see how that's different. If he's made it known, and the requested a transfer on the deadline day when it's clear he has a suitor then it's fine with me.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Already annoyed me today talking shite. He questioned Potter going to Brighton and signing Maupay (despite the fact his record was great for Brentford) yet said Welbeck was a great signing. Same bloke who's constantly injured.

I am surprised Slurson still gets a gig.