Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Commentary saying the Noble fall could be deemed as a dive. No one appeals for it or even looks at the official for a foul?

Agree ...just seemed to lose his balance as he couldn’t decide what to do with his feet .....players know that there is var so a penalty won with a dive will be reversed .... why would they bother ?   Seems to be less diving in the box this season as a consequence 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Grealish has a little more pace than madders ...JM needs to be careful or he may not remain flavour of the month for too long.... with Ali regaining fitness, an in form Grealish could put Madders under some pressure 

Grealish would overtake Maddison, then he'll just have to displace Barkley, Mount, Loftus Cheek, Chamberlain, Lingard, Emile Smith Rowe, Will Hughes, Fabian Delph, Tom Huddlestone, Nick Pope etc.

• Haha 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

Agree ...just seemed to lose his balance as he couldn’t decide what to do with his feet .....players know that there is var so a penalty won with a dive will be reversed .... why would they bother ?   Seems to be less diving in the box this season as a consequence 

His leg seems to just buckle and he loses balance as you said. Just a throwaway comment from the commentator but it irritated me. 

and I agree, less blatant dives but arguably more dramatic falls for touches given they know VAR will review and it'll look worse in slow mo.

Just now, st albans fox said:

Not sarcastic ....and I think Grealish is more Southgate’s type of player tbh ......

Ah fair enough I thought something was going over my head. I think the only reason he was taken in the first place was due to the media. It's ridiculous how he didn't even get a cameo in any of the two games.

Chris Sutton

Former Aston Villa striker on BBC Radio 5 Live

Mark Noble is on the way down [before the tackle comes in]. He should receive a second yellow. He’s trying to deceive the referee and win a penalty. He’s dived.

Mo.ng

Edited by Walkers

The description Carra uses of the Noble dive is exactly what basically every player does to win a penalty, leaves their leg in or places it where they know it's going to be hit. Rashford's penalty for England was a perfect example of this. But obviously no one called that up