Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

19 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Agree ...just seemed to lose his balance as he couldn’t decide what to do with his feet .....players know that there is var so a penalty won with a dive will be reversed .... why would they bother ?   Seems to be less diving in the box this season as a consequence 

Rashfords wasn’t 

Edited by WigstonWanderer

Will be Fernandinho that plays centre back now as he has been training to play there, and Pep has done this before with Mascherano at Barcelona

I believe he actually came on and played centre back in the game against Brighton where Laporte went off injured

35 minutes ago, rachhere said:

John Stones out for five weeks as well now. This next month is going to be interesting... 

Just hope opposition teams get some points off Liverpool, to stop them running away further.

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

John Stones out for five weeks as well now. This next month is going to be interesting... 

Good news for Pep - he’s an awful defender. Who would have thought that Otamendi would be playing at this level. The so-called world class player, Raheem Sterling, didn’t look so great on Saturday even against a second string Norwich side

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Yeah you're right man city and Sterling are rubbish

I really do question some people on here, like do you watch football at all? 

Next you’ll be telling us that Harry Maguire is the greatest defender ever

KloppSmile2.JPG.dd77278f2ef8921c7e31202bad777884.JPG

(Man's had his teeth done I think.  I'll have to bin the Mister Ed memes.)

wonder who refused to go to 80m for maguire ??  I bet if man city had tried to push the boat out that maguire would have found a way of getting to the etihaad - there would have been a way for the fee to show as 80m.  would love to know if pep is really on board with the policy of not going above 60/65m for a player ……… I guess they have a fairly kind CL group so that they may be back to full strength at the business end of the competition …… will be too late for the prem though. I think watching Norwich press them last weekend will have made many clubs believe that just defending your own area isn't necessarily the best way to get a result. 

1 hour ago, 49er said:

Next you’ll be telling us that Harry Maguire is the greatest defender ever

No he's not, what that's got to do with anything I'm not sure. Youre remarks are like that of a child, where a player is either good or useless based on their last game. 

Watched the Villa vs West Ham game last night and was a bit jealous as to how quickly both team passed the ball and passed and moved, yes even Villa at times😳Both sides were knackered at the end due to effort they put in and it made for an entertaining game for the neutral. LCFC have shown they are very capable of doing this eg Second Half vs Chelsea and majority of Bmouth game , playing 2 CDM shouldn’t have to mean we can’t pass the ball quickly or pass and move. I accept that quality in final 3rd was missing but Monday’s game was an entertaining 0-0. What stops us moving off the ball thus enabling quick passing? 

5 hours ago, 49er said:

Good news for Pep - he’s an awful defender. Who would have thought that Otamendi would be playing at this level. The so-called world class player, Raheem Sterling, didn’t look so great on Saturday even against a second string Norwich side

Indeed, lucky him... no back up and a gazillion matches upcoming....

Karma for stockpiling forwards I feel.

Sterling will be our World Cup hero in Qatar - we are lucky to have him.

If anyone’s half interested in the Sheffield United ownership debacle, this is a fascinating insight  

Seems like McCabe was dubious about the Prince’s funds but then tried to buy him out on the cheap for it to massively backfire. Having had a quick scoot on the Sheffield Unite fans forum the general consensus seems to be while McCabe is a big blades fan, he has made a fair share of mistakes in managing the club and has had his pants down trying to make quick bucks and not anticipating they would be surprisingly promoted.

• Thanks 1

Talk about blowing smoke up his arse and a non-story. He was 12 went he thought of quitting, so many players probably considered quitting at those ages to play with friends etc.

It's not as if he was a professional and considered quitting like Vardy. 

When will the media stop hyping up any player at a top 6 team .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Talk about blowing smoke up his arse and a non-story. He was 12 went he thought of quitting, so many players probably considered quitting at those ages to play with friends etc.

It's not as if he was a professional and considered quitting like Vardy. 

When will the media stop hyping up any player at a top 6 team .

At twelve years old that will have amounted to making rash statements in order to generate a bit of sympathy.

Kids don't think critically or into the future. 

12 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

If anyone’s half interested in the Sheffield United ownership debacle, this is a fascinating insight  

Seems like McCabe was dubious about the Prince’s funds but then tried to buy him out on the cheap for it to massively backfire. Having had a quick scoot on the Sheffield Unite fans forum the general consensus seems to be while McCabe is a big blades fan, he has made a fair share of mistakes in managing the club and has had his pants down trying to make quick bucks and not anticipating they would be surprisingly promoted.

Thanks for this.  It is amazing, and distressing, how clueless, under-financed chancers still gain control of significant clubs, with the “plan” being merely the hope of having bought the winning lottery ticket.

Then turn to the likes of the Bin Ladens for bailouts without any due diligence :nono:

15 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Thanks for this.  It is amazing, and distressing, how clueless, under-financed chancers still gain control of significant clubs, with the “plan” being merely the hope of having bought the winning lottery ticket.

Then turn to the likes of the Bin Ladens for bailouts without any due diligence :nono:

No surprise its blown up in their faces ………..