Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

We have had the 3rd most shots but we also have the joint worst shot accuracy in the league (outside the big 6)

How many long shots have we had? Can't help but feel a lot of our shots registered tend to be outside of the box and horribly off target.

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How many long shots have we had? Can't help but feel a lot of our shots registered tend to be outside of the box and horribly off target.

yep thats the problem, 3rd top for most shots but look at the shots on target column & we're joint 2nd bottom within that list

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Just over 60% of our shots have been from outside the box, joint most in the league with 38

9FB9666F-6330-4504-8E42-9B5254E8FC2C.jpeg

Maddison with most of our shots (16 - just over 25%) however I imagine this would include shots from free kicks, surprised how many Tielemans has had

7E76C1EE-06A1-4E27-A8CB-BA99273B937D.jpeg

Edited by moore_94
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Just over 60% of our shots have been from outside the box, joint most in the league with 38

Maddison with most of our shots (16 - just over 25%) however I imagine this would include shots from free kicks, surprised how many Tielemans has had

Worrying (but not surprising) that we’ve had the fewest shots in the league from inside the penalty area.

Burnley have had 14 (58%) more than us in the first 5 games ffs.

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

astonishing that arsenal paid 72 mill for jeff schlupp 

and they literally have some child who is a really fast left footed winger who is already better than pepe. no wonder the board spent years refusing to let them spend any fu cking money. 

8 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Hudson-Odoi. 18.

24 senior appearances .

£120k a week. 

****ing nuts.

Three things 

1) he plays for Chelsea who pay big wages

2) he was in demand from other clubs

3) he is actually good 

if we could pay those kind of wages we might hold onto players like madders .........not sure thats our strategy though .......

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Three things 

3) he is actually good 

if we could pay those kind of wages we might hold onto players like madders .........not sure thats our strategy though .......

I agree with all of those things but do you not think it's crazy and a bit of a dangerous precedent if clubs are paying 18 year olds £120k? I understand it's market forces and Bayern's interest forced their hand but £120k? Chelsea pay big wages but do they have to pay him as much as that? I'm fairly confident that Bayern wouldn't have been paying him that. I just think that's an obscene amount. 

We do pay those wages by the way, but to proven talents like Vardy and Kasper - rightly so IMHO.

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

I agree with all of those things but do you not think it's crazy and a bit of a dangerous precedent if clubs are paying 18 year olds £120k? I understand it's market forces and Bayern's interest forced their hand but £120k? Chelsea pay big wages but do they have to pay him as much as that? I'm fairly confident that Bayern wouldn't have been paying him that. I just think that's an obscene amount. 

We do pay those wages by the way, but to proven talents like Vardy and Kasper - rightly so IMHO.

Can’t disagree with much of that but it’s a market and with yanited paying Rashford double that plus Man City no doubt paying some of their youngsters a small fortune then the best young players are in a great position ......

i assume our most talented youngsters will let us know if they want to stay till their mid twenties - if they don’t then no point in paying them too much in the meantime. If they do then we will have to pay the going rate in respect of their ability or they will look elsewhere ....

i’m getting the feeling that we intend selling for the right price and replacing with cheaper options ... of course we have to get the quality of the replacements right  or we become worse off as a team (though better off as a club) 

On 19/09/2019 at 15:20, moore_94 said:

How few shots we've had inside the box - least in the league - is worrying. How many of Youri's surprisingly high number of shots were on target?

10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Three things 

3) he is actually good 

We don't pay those kind of wages but we pay wages so high that when players aren't good enough we have to keep them for their four year contract because no-one else can/ will pay them. Slimani for example.

Personally I think we pay enough and probably, too much in wages.

Hey, just stumbled on some stats. Apparently, we've conceded the joint least goals in the PL, we've conceded the second least amount of goal attempts, and our xG conceded is second best so far (I know most of you hate xG but it is a valid measurement).

I guess that's something, considering we haven't exactly had easy fixtures so far. Obviously we need to improve our attacking but I think that is impressive. Hopefully when we improve our attack we don't totally lose our defensive solidity. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Hey, just stumbled on some stats. Apparently, we've conceded the joint least goals in the PL, we've conceded the second least amount of goal attempts, and our xG conceded is second best so far (I know most of you hate xG but it is a valid measurement).

I guess that's something, considering we haven't exactly had easy fixtures so far. Obviously we need to improve our attacking but I think that is impressive. Hopefully when we improve our attack we don't totally lose our defensive solidity. 

So Maguire leaving and 2 "DMs" is good for something?