Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

After the weekend we remain joint 3rd on points and 5th in the table and are looking down on both Arsenal and Chelsea. Results have been decent for us and make our 1-0 loss a lot easier to take.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but conversely we're 3 points away from Burnley, Sheff & Brighton in joint 15th.

It really is too early to make anything of the league positions.

But I'm a born and bred pessimist. 

• Like 2

Just now, davieG said:

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but conversely we're 3 points away from Burnley, Sheff & Brighton in joint 15th.

It really is too early to make anything of the league positions.

But I'm a born and bread pessimist. 

I think you just knead to be more optimistic.

• Haha 3

most fortunate point we will earn all year 

Watford played brilliantly, totally out played us but their finishing was awful, example was the final minute where the lad just had to put it either side of leno but hits it straight at him, 31 shots and only two goals is bad finishing.Flores will do great for them though I think.

I have been saying it for a decade but we are to arrogant as a football club, we think we have a divine right to go away from home and always play on the front foot without defending properly, in the 89th minute our young players nelson and co thought they were playing fifa way ahead of the play, if a Campbell or Adams were in this team they'd be giving a rollicking  for that. Its a dying art defending properly but can still be done with the right mindset.

We will take the point but we wont get that luck all season.

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Everton are such a baffling side. 

Sometimes they turn up and are brilliant, but with a lot of games it becomes apparent they're filled with over priced big team cast offs

Watching Everton being useless has partially offset my dismay at how rubbish we were yesterday 

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

You see it in so many games this season and i just have no clue why, so unnecessary.

Maybe someone will answer your question. Que @StriderHiryu for input maybe? 

Here's one of the explanations as to why it's done:

Please note, I don't endorse it!

Seems like being unnecessarily risky to do without much reward in return. If you look at tactics like Ranieri playing Mahrez and Vardy on the 18 yard line when defending a corner so we could break to score goals, then that is a tactic that had a definite risk and reward. We did concede a lot of goals that season from corners in the early part, but the amount of attacks and goals we got off the strategy plus the fear it put into our opponents made it a truly great tactic. I have yet to see any team use this tactic to score a goal or even fashion a truly meaningful chance from it.

Perhaps against Liverpool who run the highest press in the league it could work? But personally that is the last team in the world I would try it against! Better to keep the ball on the ground and practice fast passing instead IMO.

• Like 1

On 14/09/2019 at 19:28, jammie82uk said:

American broadcasters reckon that’s the Biggest shock result in the last 25 years of the premier league

It's one of the biggest of recent years really. Newly promoted side missing 11 players beating the 100 point and 98 points of the last two years champions.

Norwich were 22/1 to win that game. I personally didn't give them a prayer.

Fantastic from them. They're a very good to watch side.

I always thought the whole idea behind playing the short goal kicks like that is to draw a number of players onto you so that once you're closed down and you pass the ball agan there are fewer players to break down once you've bypassed them. It's just very funny when it goes wrong and it's pathetc how many times it has done already.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's one of the biggest of recent years really. Newly promoted side missing 11 players beating the 100 point and 98 points of the last two years champions.

Norwich were 22/1 to win that game. I personally didn't give them a prayer.

Fantastic from them. They're a very good to watch side.

Pukki is a wonderful player, IMO.  Clever and relentless, selfish when the moment calls for it and selfless when it doesn't.

3 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

League table is already starting to take shape. Can see the top 4 being the same as last season and probably the top 6 as well.

Manchester United won't make the top 6 without some big January buys or Olé's head. Arsenal and Chelsea have weaknesses that should mean top 4/6 is a big question for them.

Someone is going to benefit from these poor teams.

3 hours ago, FIF said:

Manchester United won't make the top 6 without some big January buys or Olé's head. Arsenal and Chelsea have weaknesses that should mean top 4/6 is a big question for them.

Thing is it’s almost a knock on effect, you say someone is going to benefit from these poor teams and I would agree with that if the teams in “our” bracket got their shit together and some consistency but even time a opening or chance appears they fail to deliver. 

I really wanna see atleast one if not all of Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal fall out the top 6 whether it’s us or another team that takes their place but I feel the inconsistencies of the teams behind them will mean it won’t happen.

Also if teams in the bracket after the top 6 shown some ambition, fight and attacked the so called big teams I think there would be a damn sight more upsets and excitement instead of trying to emulate Man City’s style.

The league is getting tighter (Barr the top 2 and even they are beatable) but teams need to play with less fear.

Edited by Matt

3 hours ago, FIF said:

West Ham could be that annoying team, they now have a lethal striker in Haller and some very effective wingers that seemingly need to stay fit but if they do then they'll be there or thereabouts. Question marks over them but the same really with us, Everton and most definitely Wolves. We know it's there for the taking and yet our manager seems destined to tinker, I hope he gets it right but i'm not amused by him this season.

6 hours ago, FIF said:

I agree with your first sentence. The problem is, I don't see this 'someone'. It really, really could be us but not unless we revert to a better set up.