Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

15 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Spurs are having an absolutely torrid start and they're still 7th lol. Bit depressing. 

I think they're lucky to be that high. Lucky to draw at the weekend, lucky to draw at Man City, on the flip side, a little bit unlucky to lose to us.

8 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

They don't have an easy run of games from here to January though.

Might get through Champions League group but 2 losses could erode confidence further.

Playing Red Star tonight which could be a tough game as they have been in good form so far this season. 

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

As a complete side note from the weekend, Bournemouth 0-0 Norwich is enough to make me question everything I know about football. How in god's name has that ended 0-0 lol had that down as something like a 3-3.

I was sure that game would be full of fantasy goals for everybody. Pukki, Wilson, Cantwell...

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Some fair comments, but do you not think Liverpool have had some luck?  Against us and the Blades comes to mind.

We have only played really well in half our games - true. Hopefully we step up a gear soon, plus we have had a difficult run of games bar 2 or 3, although all games are difficult in the EPL.

Very lucky to be top by so many points. Joking aside, they have obviously had lucky escapes against us and Sheff Utd. But we were extremely lucky to be at 1-1, on another day it's 4-0 and good night. So wouldn't call that lucky. Without VAR, we would be 4 points worse off (potentially - wait, can I use that word?).

I just think we have struggled to really break teams down. Man U were there for the taking and we failed to take points. Wolves after a long trip, only 0-0 and lucky escape. We haven't convinced bar the Newcastle game. However, it's good to see us dominate teams in general (non Top 6) and getting the job done. Sheff Utd away tough gig, Bournemouth/Burnley at home.

We are definitely Top 6 worth right now, but we can only make Top 4 (which a lot of people are mentioning as potential - there's that word again) with this luck continuing, key injuries keeping away from us etc. A good time to be a Leicester fan and all to play for (bar the title...). Like I said earlier, let's assess after Christmas/New Year. I am liking the fact we are now getting the job done against "lesser" teams and especially making the KP a sort of fortress again. That's what costs us a Top 7 spot over the past few seasons.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fktf said:

This is why people are getting excited. We've had quite a tough opening, and here we are in third place. But, we've always had a good points return from games against the big sides. I take the games like Southampton as an indicator of whether we'll manage to push for European spots - top teams consistently take 3 points against the weaker sides in the league. 

Exactly this, it's been promising so far but we have a good spell coming up now where we "only" play Arsenal as a Top 6 side before Man City on 21 December. This is where a Top 6 place (or even Top 4 if you want) is won/established.

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Very lucky to be top by so many points. Joking aside, they have obviously had lucky escapes against us and Sheff Utd. But we were extremely lucky to be at 1-1, on another day it's 4-0 and good night. So wouldn't call that lucky. Without VAR, we would be 4 points worse off (potentially - wait, can I use that word?).

I just think we have struggled to really break teams down. Man U were there for the taking and we failed to take points. Wolves after a long trip, only 0-0 and lucky escape. We haven't convinced bar the Newcastle game. However, it's good to see us dominate teams in general (non Top 6) and getting the job done. Sheff Utd away tough gig, Bournemouth/Burnley at home.

We are definitely Top 6 worth right now, but we can only make Top 4 (which a lot of people are mentioning as potential - there's that word again) with this luck continuing, key injuries keeping away from us etc. A good time to be a Leicester fan and all to play for (bar the title...). Like I said earlier, let's assess after Christmas/New Year. I am liking the fact we are now getting the job done against "lesser" teams and especially making the KP a sort of fortress again. That's what costs us a Top 7 spot over the past few seasons.

image.jpeg.427c52b909b3e86c5b01629324eb7275.jpeg

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Some fair comments, but do you not think Liverpool have had some luck?  Against us and the Blades comes to mind.

We have only played really well in half our games - true. Hopefully we step up a gear soon, plus we have had a difficult run of games bar 2 or 3, although all games are difficult in the EPL.

Didn’t look brilliant against MU to be fair either. I think they might do on a losing streak at some point as despite the impressive points return, they haven’t looked that good this season when I’ve seen them.

5 hours ago, surrifox said:

great time to be a City fan and I agree that we are well positioned in the table despite not really hitting top form yet. In 2015-16 we had some pretty dire performances and hugely frustrating outcomes against the likes of Bournemouth, arsenal  and west Ham not to mention the cup competitions so the omens are quite good. 

I don't expect Chelsea to sustain their challenge as I'm not sure there is real quality in the side and the lampard bounce will only take them so far and don't think that Spurs can regain their past "glory"lol until there is some major surgery at the club. You can't rule out Everton or even west ham putting a run together once they agree that being crap is not the best way forward

Have you watched them play recently? I think they're very capable of keeping this up barring a horrific injury crisis.

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Have you watched them play recently? I think they're very capable of keeping this up barring a horrific injury crisis.

only when they've been on the telly. It's just opinions though at the end of the day, they are playing some good stuff on occasions but it remains to be seen whether their young contingent can keep it up over a whole season - I'm not sure they can. I was pretty sure they could when the likes of Hazard and a fully fit N'Golo were in the side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, treer said:

So you are saying we should be more worried about West Ham and Everton, than Chelsea and Spurs.

Your view is for sure, different to the betting markets, you should be able to make a few bob there.

well that's something I'll try to live with . made easier by never placing a bet on football in my life.

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

You see!! you just cant say that..without VAR officials und run of play, would be different..!!

I am very rarely confident about our chances. 

I worked out an average in recent PL seasons for 6th to be 60 and 4th to be 69. That's 20 and 23 wins respectively. 

Now to simplify it - beat the 13 at home outside the big six creates 39 points leaving 7 away wins at the 13 away from home to make 60 (so let's 14th to 17th from last season plus 3 promoted teams). 6th gets us likely a Europa League group spot. 

We failed to do that against Wolves therefore losing two points. However, we've made up additional four points in drawing against Chelsea and beating Spurs. We've ticked off the other games in the process. A hit-rate of 4 out of 5 in those games to achieve the 60. 

Similarly we've improved our points tally in the fixtures so far compared to last season by 6 points (allowing for Sheffield United away to be Fulham away, SU being 2nd in Champ and Fulham 19th in PL). 

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Think what may get them is being currently reliant on a few young players, Mount and Tammy in particular, who will both potentially fluctuate in form. 

The pessimists say we struggle to break down teams like Burnley and Sheff Utd. Well, so do Spurs (lost to NUFC and draw Watford at home), Chelsea drew with Sheff Utd and scraped by Newcastle the same way we did to Burnley. Arsenal scrapes by Bournemouth and lost to Sheff Utd and drew at Watford.

We will lose points to these teams. We are still a good side that can finish 3rd - 5th.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

The pessimists say we struggle to break down teams like Burnley and Sheff Utd. Well, so do Spurs (lost to NUFC and draw Watford at home), Chelsea drew with Sheff Utd and scraped by Newcastle the same way we did to Burnley. Arsenal scrapes by Bournemouth and lost to Sheff Utd and drew at Watford.

We will lose points to these teams. We are still a good side that can finish 3rd - 5th.

Agree...

Posters cant wait to get the "but". in!!!  

Some have to learn to Relax and enjoy, Leicesters new era,which is being played out in front of them...

A Football season for all clubs, is full of could have,should haves,on this forum it seems many get so tensed up,they are missing this special journey in our history.

Since promotion we have ridden the positives,that the PL can bring to the fans,where their team are consistently achieving,& not really struggling....

Probably the first time in our history..

Too much over-analysing,every incident,every slip, & conveniently forget the good movement,and all round continual progress....of club,team and individuals

Some of the frustration,comes from too much expectation that its risen to hights of entitlement....

Thankfully there are also some posters,that recognise the balance and the exciting twists & turns that is Simply football...!!

We have enough plastics in the Oceans...:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Markyblue
1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Think what may get them is being currently reliant on a few young players, Mount and Tammy in particular, who will both potentially fluctuate in form. 

And in Europe with spurs arsenal, man utd, our top 4 chances need that taken into account. 

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I suppose the reason to be excited is that we've only won 1 of the 4 games against the top teams and it's been our form against our supposed weakness, the crap teams that has propelled us in to the top 3. If we continue to negotiate stubborn defences and improve our away form then we have every chance of a top 6 finish this season.

This is why I'm quietly confident we're transitioning to a top side. Bar sheff utd, we've set up to really attack the teams we need to beat to get into Europe, and so far it is paying off. 

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

As a complete side note from the weekend, Bournemouth 0-0 Norwich is enough to make me question everything I know about football. How in god's name has that ended 0-0 lol had that down as something like a 3-3.

Neither side had kept a clean sheet before that game either lol