Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 minute ago, Manini said:

They do look very organised tbf. 

Im still quite shocked we beat them there. 

Tbf we scored through a defensive mistake and a screamer of a goal. 

They're well set-up and well drilled. They lack creativity and a goal scorer which is where they'll struggle 

• Like 1

Is it me or do the Sheff fans literally seem to cheer at anything? They get a throw and they sound like they've just won the FA Cup. I suppose it's better than some of these grounds that are like libraries, but I still find it a bit bizarre. 

5 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Some were disappointed we didn’t just sweep these aside, it was a hard earned 3 pts away to a tough side.

Early in the season though, it’s easier to say the above now we know what they’re about. Being a football fan is very reactive, we’re not that good at looking at the bigger picture a lot of the time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

Is it me or do the Sheff fans literally seem to cheer at anything? They get a throw and they sound like they've just won the FA Cup. I suppose it's better than some of these grounds that are like libraries, but I still find it a bit bizarre. 

They are just happy to be here 

7 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Have been for a long time now, they like the pretty stuff but won’t graft and get stuck in.

Speaks volumes that tonight they are playing Chambers at RB who was dismissed the previous season as not good enough and offloaded on loan 

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Swear this isn't a new discovery, I remember watching a programme a year or so back where this was known and Shearer had gone for a scan to see if he was at risk at that point. 

Constantly heading heavy football's going at pace caused swellings and damage to the brain potentially leading to encephalopathy. This study appears to have just quantified something that was already known 

It was being asked,way back the 60s, Jimmy Hill was involved in a Documentary in General Head clashes,and long Term After Retirement long Term effects...

But it took ist time before relevant Organisations took it up, Jeff Astle Story Reminder it and since then there has been thankfully  constant Media reminders..!!

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Speaks volumes that tonight they are playing Chambers at RB who was dismissed the previous season as not good enough and offloaded on loan 

It’s been ages since they’ve had a core of English players who’d fight for the team, Adams, Parlour, Bould etc they’d get stuck in

I like this Sheffield United side. I like their honest manager (such a rarity these days) and the fact that they play as a team without prima donnas. I really hope they win this (and obviously keep Arsenal below us).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

I like this Sheffield United side. I like their honest manager (such a rarity these days) and the fact that they play as a team without prima donnas. I really hope they win this (and obviously keep Arsenal below us).

Agreed. Arsenal will be doing their usual whinging and complain they weren’t allowed to play their pretty passing football, sometimes you have to roll up your sleeves and battle to win games which is what Sheff Utd are doing.

Just now, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Agreed. Arsenal will be doing their usual whinging and complain they weren’t allowed to play their pretty passing football, sometimes you have to roll up your sleeves and battle to win games which is what Sheff Utd are doing.

Been a regular problem for years now. No fighters, battlers. 

When they're big-name players or flair players don't click, they seriously struggle.

Can't discredit Sheff Utd, mind. Been by far the better team. Just shows what you can do when you may have lesser players but better organisation and tactics.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Tbf we scored through a defensive mistake and a screamer of a goal. 

They're well set-up and well drilled. They lack creativity and a goal scorer which is where they'll struggle 

Some will say they will struggle,others will say they have done a Good job,especially if they keep their heads above Bottom 6.

I always like to see Promoted clubs,get results and fight Off relegation..

Too many on here,are ready to lap up our achievements when holding our own,or push for higher Glory but seem to despise it,when other clubs show better form than their expected given!!

I would just be as Happy to see a PL Top of the table of:-

Leicester

Wolves

Sheff.Utd

Bournemouth

C.Palace

Spurs ( missing out again)

A.Villa

Burnley

Norwich

Arsenal

Etc,etc....

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

The best thing about Sheff U is how their centre backs use the ball. Some great simple passes into feet. 

Its not just their centre backs who use the wings. It’s all about creating the overload and outnumbering defenders. Easier to do in unclustered areas of the pitch