Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

Maguire out for a 'sustained period' after suffering a torn hip muscle.

Tragic news about Maguire being out for two months.

United could make top 5 now :(

Edited by MPH

On 26/12/2019 at 17:53, PhillippaT said:

So, after a day of Carry On films, now it's a day of football, thanks to the Amazon Prime trial.  Would be a shame not to watch as many matches as possible, right?  I guess we'll be watching Arsenal after Spurs.  Go Brighton!

EDIT:  Hoddle? OH NO!

Well let's hope your trial pack has ended by now. 

Thanks.

Veronica zale

(click here)

Edited by veronicazale

2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Harry Kane out until April apparently. I wonder what Gareth Southgates plan B is for the Euros... I wonder who will be captain as well in the meantime - maybe Henderson? 

There will be no plan B. Built his whole ethos around Kane unfortunately 

9 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Harry Kane out until April apparently. I wonder what Gareth Southgates plan B is for the Euros... I wonder who will be captain as well in the meantime - maybe Henderson? 

good - he might actually be fit after missing a few months. He is usually spent physically by the summer 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Do the Euros start in April or something? 

Kane will still go to the Euros even if he's not fully fit. 

Kane needs to step away , enjoy a long break and get healthy. We aint winning shit lol......unless vardy plays :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Do the Euros start in April or something? 

Kane will still go to the Euros even if he's not fully fit. 

We have warm up matches where I imagine the idea was to get the starting line up nailed... difficult if the player you build the team round isn’t able to play 

10 minutes ago, rachhere said:

We have warm up matches where I imagine the idea was to get the starting line up nailed... difficult if the player you build the team round isn’t able to play 

Kane will play. He has 2 months to get fit after April and I can't see him missing the Euros at all. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I knew I should have checked the stats! Was confident with two!

Well form is subjective but Vardy, Ings, Abraham and Rashford all have more goals this season than Kane and with his injury I can even see Dominic Calvert-Lewin scoring more than him over the course of the full season. But of course southgate will play Kane even if he only has one good leg. 

Edited by peach0000
  • Like 2

Hopefully spurs rush him back 3 weeks early and makes it worse putting him out for a further 6 weeks or however long meaning he misses the euros. We are bit going to win it but we should at least play the players that are fit and in form not just for the sake of it 

• Like 1

They'll only rush him back if they need to.

You'd think their priority is top 4 to get in to the CL next season. Unlikely they'll get to the final of it again and therefore not win it.

If they look good to get top 4, no need to rush him back.

The last thing they'll want is Son losing his head again and there's no guarantee of that...

Spurs vs Liverpool, what result do we want? If we’ve conceded any realistic chance of the title then it’s best for Liverpool to beat all of our top 4 rivals, but I’d sit on the fence and go for a draw and hope we beat Southampton and move 2 further points away from Spurs and 2 nearer to Liverpool.