Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, foxfanazer said:

They have to give it in fairness. We ask for consistency 

Yep.

We've seen it ourselves at the KP this season.

In some incidents it's been fair but tonight that's harsh, Sheff Utd player headed it onto Rice's arm, what can the poor guy do in that situation?

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Seems harsh 

well harsh when you consider that if it hits the defenders arm it's not handball but if it hits the striker's arm it is. how can that work. 

• Like 4

Right. 

Anyone questioning that needs to realise the hand aids Rice being able to play the pass and assist Snodgrass. 

The hand doesnt come into play that phase of play doesnt happen and Rice gets forced wide. 

Quite simple really. 

I would argue however that's point blank range but yeah, handball. 

• Like 4

Just now, Unabomber said:

Seems harsh 

Not really. Takes away the interpretation angle of different referees views and it's clear for literally everyone. If the ball hits the arm and it leads to a goal, it gets chalked off. Simple as. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Not really. Takes away the interpretation angle of different referees views and it's clear for literally everyone. If the ball hits the arm and it leads to a goal, it gets chalked off. Simple as. 

but how can it be handball if the striker does it but not handball if the defender does it, just because of what happens 30 seconds later? it's absolute bollocks. 

• Like 2

Just now, ScouseFox said:

but how can it be handball if the striker does it but not handball if the defender does it, just because of what happens 30 seconds later? it's absolute bollocks. 

Yeah that point I'll agree with in that it's odd for attackers and defenders. But everyone knows that's the case and people blaming VAR here are pointing their anger in the wrong direction... 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Its a shit rule that's completely inconsistent with how handball is applied otherwise. It's absolute nonsense to have a rule that depends entirely on the outcome of the situation. The funny thing is, if Snodgrass has the option to square it and they score from that it's not disallowed, yet what would really be the difference

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah it definitely is a harsh rule 

9 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

If the ball don’t hit his arm he then doesn’t get control of the ball and wouldn’t be able to set up the goal 

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Right. 

Anyone questioning that needs to realise the hand aids Rice being able to play the pass and assist Snodgrass. 

The hand doesnt come into play that phase of play doesnt happen and Rice gets forced wide. 

Quite simple really. 

I would argue however that's point blank range but yeah, handball. 

Just now, ealingfox said:

If he doesn't control it with his arm the goal doesn't go in. I have no issue with those getting ruled out.

Totally agree - where is the problem .....the contact with the arm creates the chance for the pass and the goal ......that’s what the new law is for ....hands and arms cannot be involved in scoring goals .........whether it’s the scorer or the creator of the scoring opp ......I like the rule - the defender will argue that he got his head to it to clear and rice’s arm gets in the way ....

I appreciate people will argue about it being different for defenders and contact with the arm but that risks people just blasting the ball at arms or flicking it at hands in the area to get pens ......

• Like 2