Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

4 hours ago, Bryn said:

We'll find out what went wrong for Drinkwater one day. There's something that's happened behind the scenes. 

He moved to a London club that he perceived to be bigger than Leicester, then lost the hunger when he was being paid £100k a week.

He grew egotistical and big headed as the success went to his head. Which then lead to him getting filled in whilst being a “billy big bollocks” whilst on a night out, then getting filled in for the pleasure.

Its no more complicated than that.

4 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Still surprised he failed so miserably at Chelski ....   we had won the league and our midfield pairing of Drinky and the Kante twins had completely bossed it ...   it seemed like a very shrewd move at the time.   Think we’ll have to wait a while before we get to the bottom of that one.

Imagine how much better we’d have been with Kante and one of Tielemans or Maddison. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Countryfox said:

I wonder how many other old boys might be on Niges radar ...    Kingy ? ...  Wes ? ...  James ????

Is Nige using the 1941 Pearl Harbor radar set?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Brendan has always said he is an admirer of James and has asked Wes to sign a new contract ....  and Kingy has not suddenly become a bad player ...   :thumbup:

No that's been a gradual thing :ph34r:

• Like 2

I thought Drinkwater would be a star for us alongside Vardy and Mahrez when we got promoted, and to a great extent he was. His range of passing and accuracy is a joy to watch, but his ability suits a team that are looking to break at pace where he can play a ball into space. I don't see him fitting into a team that want to hold possession and break teams down - he isn't good enough at this level to do that. He has a lot of good qualities but he also has a lot of limitations. 

He did well for us in a 4-4-2 where he had the role of starting attacks, and not taking numerous players on like Maddison would, before releasing. 

11 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Disagree. Prime Drinkwater was brilliant and his ability is only slagged off on here because our fans are still bitter about him leaving to a ‘bigger club’. He was one of our best players for such a key part of a our recent history and his demise is really sad.

I agree that he was excellent for us and will never be slated by me as one of the 'immortals' that won the premier league.

But I can't see how he would get into our team now, or any team that want to impose themselves on other teams. It's not a criticism - for me he is suited to a team that like to play on the counter. His demise is sad, but I thought Chelsea were the wrong club for him at the time. Ironically I think he would fit a club like United with the way they play. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hammo said:

It’s not the ‘biggest bargaining chip’ at all - I never said it was - but it is there as an example of how the grass is potentially far from greener elsewhere and could be a factor in any negotiations.

I don’t see it being a factor at all tbh, players leave clubs where they are successful and go on and flop at other clubs all over the world. I doubt any player is sitting thinking I better not move as it may not work out and if they do then I’d question their mentality. I highly doubt this was Vardy’s mentality for staying either it would have been more that he genuinely loves the club.

• Like 1

Guest BlueBrett

Fk knows what happened to DD but I don't like the 'gave up when he started earning big money' explanation. It's overused, lazy and doesn't actually make sense.

The difference between youth team money and PL first team money is far greater in percentage and lifestyle terms than the difference between Leicester money and Chelsea money. If a lad can make that adjustment (at a considerably younger age while all his old school mates probably making 300 a week or something) then why should going from say 50k to 100k make a blind bit of difference? It's just numbers on a screen at a certain point.

Moving from Leicester to London can **** a young man up though, I can attest to that personally lol 

46 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

image.thumb.png.70fc290257d7efb97ba456236699db90.png

Had to share this because it's too funny for words

EDIT - might belong in the transfer thread

But Lingards value takes the transfer into a negative lol I wouldn't take Lingard if Man Utd paid us £100m to take him!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BlueBrett said:

Fk knows what happened to DD but I don't like the 'gave up when he started earning big money' explanation. It's overused, lazy and doesn't actually make sense.

The difference between youth team money and PL first team money is far greater in percentage and lifestyle terms than the difference between Leicester money and Chelsea money. If a lad can make that adjustment (at a considerably younger age while all his old school mates probably making 300 a week or something) then why should going from say 50k to 100k make a blind bit of difference? It's just numbers on a screen at a certain point.

Moving from Leicester to London can **** a young man up though, I can attest to that personally lol 

Well, when your Mum gives you a house, a wife and a job, it's not too bad :P ;) Oh, wait...

14 hours ago, shailen said:

I agree that he was excellent for us and will never be slated by me as one of the 'immortals' that won the premier league.

But I can't see how he would get into our team now, or any team that want to impose themselves on other teams. It's not a criticism - for me he is suited to a team that like to play on the counter. His demise is sad, but I thought Chelsea were the wrong club for him at the time. Ironically I think he would fit a club like United with the way they play. 

I'll probably get slated for this because it's just cool to trash on Drinkwater now but I'd take peak DD over Praet personally. If we're going to play the diamond at any point again then I'd happily have 15/16 Drinkwater and Tielemans between Maddison and Ndidi.

• Like 2

Urgh. I am sorry, Liverpool must be the most unpleasant fans in the EPL. Booing, cheering fouls, and don’t give me "its Everton" crap.

They come across as quite unpleasant fans which is weird as it’s a nice place with friendly people.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Urgh. I am sorry, Liverpool must be the most unpleasant fans in the EPL. Booing, cheering fouls, and don’t give me "its Everton" crap.

They come across as quite unpleasant fans which is weird as it’s a nice place with friendly people.

Entitled ......how dare the Everton players tackle our precious youngsters ........

• Like 1