Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
treer

Vardy v Aguero

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

And he’ll be a club legend and welcomed back for the rest of his life, doubt that would have happened if he went to arsenal, Aguero might be be at Man City but Mahrez won’t, and neither will Kante at Chelsea.

What about Drinkwater at Chelsea? :ph34r:

What's more humorous is pundits don't bring this up either. Every single on to a man said Vardy should go Arsenal and Mahrez should leave. Non point out just how right Vardy was to stay.

What's even stranger is John Hartson said Vardy should have gone to Arsenal when Lescott brought up the fact he didn't leave in the Celtic Vs Leicester big club debate on BT. Really John? 

• Like 1

Comparing the two quality wise isnt fair. There's far more to Agueros game and there isn't really a discussion to be had there.

But i actually think Vardy doesnt get enough credit in the media. It sounds silly because they talk about him alot, but that's usually just to emphasise the fairytale story of where hes come from. It actually hinders him to a point because when theres talk about top top players hes never mentioned because of that non league background. Hes kind of seen as a one dimensional run in behind striker who we just lump it to, and anyone who watches him can see there's far more to his game than that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He’s got a point surely hasn’t he, what’s he gained by staying?  Arsenal have won a major trophy since he turned them down finished higher in both league season than us, are playing European football and offered him more money. So I’m a bit confused as to why staying here is clearly the better career move. Much as I appreciate it.

This “the grass isn’t always greener” crap is getting on my nerves tbh. We all know Riyad has a manipulative agent so he will be milking the media for all it’s worth in terms of his lack of game time, but if anyone thinks he’s looking back at the good old days of Leicester city when he’s banking his pay cheque or lifting what could well be three major trophies this season you’re kidding yourself. 

They've won one FA cup. 

We got further in the Champions League than they're ever likely to in the next 10 years the way theyre going.

But the main point is, he'd be at least 2nd striker, quite possibly 3rd.

If he's struggled here when teams have shown our "possession" football a bit of respect then god knows what his goals return would have been like for Arsenal.

It's all subjective of course, but being main man here and going into this era under Rodgers with this young side (which you could make a case for being better than Arsenal next season) was the better option and I can't see him losing any sleep over 1 FA Cup.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, treer said:

Vardy 19 for City,

Aguero 22 for Man City

Who of the 2 , has performed better this season?, one plays for a team likely to win the title having scored a 100 goals

When you think about Chelsea, they paid fortunes  for Morata, and then Higuain, neiither can be mentioned in the same context as Vardy's contributions for their  club.

Man U , paid nearly 90 million for Lukaku, , another fortune for Sanchez, comparable to Vardy? , some one at utd needs to have a serious word with themselves, what A fkun joke Man u are.

Now Salah, can't be faulted, definitely gets as many goals as Vardy, but there's hardly anything between them, although one cost20-30 times as much.

Arsenal, at least tried to get him to sign, but on the cheap, and the kids loyalty was immense

What an absolute legend the lad is

His loyalty is immense.  He could have left like Kante, Mahrez and Drinkwater did and earnt a lot more money. Yet he stayed. Club legend. I hope Top will reward him when he retires.

Still cannot believe some fans were on his back earlier in the season. To me, no matter how crap he plays in future, we should always support him 100%.

9 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He’s got a point surely hasn’t he, what’s he gained by staying?  Arsenal have won a major trophy since he turned them down finished higher in both league season than us, are playing European football and offered him more money. So I’m a bit confused as to why staying here is clearly the better career move. Much as I appreciate it.

This “the grass isn’t always greener” crap is getting on my nerves tbh. We all know Riyad has a manipulative agent so he will be milking the media for all it’s worth in terms of his lack of game time, but if anyone thinks he’s looking back at the good old days of Leicester city when he’s banking his pay cheque or lifting what could well be three major trophies this season you’re kidding yourself. 

Agree on the Mahrez point. No way is he regretting leaving, just more who he went to. There's still no excuse for the way he disrespected the club though. I dont care who your agent is, that was just disgraceful and definetely tarnished his reputation, at least in my eyes. 

He will be better suited to a fairly big side that competes in the Champions League where he will be the main man. Somewhere like Roma where he was linked before 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

What about Drinkwater at Chelsea? :ph34r:

What's more humorous is pundits don't bring this up either. Every single on to a man said Vardy should go Arsenal and Mahrez should leave. Non point out just how right Vardy was to stay.

What's even stranger is John Hartson said Vardy should have gone to Arsenal when Lescott brought up the fact he didn't leave in the Celtic Vs Leicester big club debate on BT. Really John? 

Pundits don’t like the rif raf teams, they work for sky and by and they want to promote the big teams because it brings exposure and more revenue to their employers. The only ones who are worth listening to are lineker shearer and Wright, the rest are cocks. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Pundits don’t like the rif raf teams, they work for sky and by and they want to promote the big teams because it brings exposure and more revenue to their employers. The only ones who are worth listening to are lineker shearer and Wright, the rest are cocks. 

Agreed. They all used to play for these clubs too which means they dont actually even acknowledge the other 14 teams exist. 

The way Gary Neville talks about other clubs in comparison to United and Liverpool is a disgrace. Last week when the stats shown Everton outrun Man United he squealed "Everton? Everton? outrun Manchester United?". And don't get me started on their rant about Leicester when we sacked Ranieri. In response to the presenter saying Chelsea sacked a title winning manager he said "yeah but that's Chelsea. Not this club. You dont see it from this kind of club." 

Bellends

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

absolutely correct about riyad. and vardy almost definitely will regret not going too if we take our biased hats off for a minute. 

these guys achieved the completely unthinkable for us, but if for one moment anyone thinks that “being a club legend” at a team they have no real affiliation with matters more to the average player than getting paid twice as much and winning trophies then they are just mentally not all there tbh. 

vardy wouldve probably ended up the same as riyad, pissed off that they aren’t getting more game time but in no way whatsoever pissed off that they left a mid table team to win trophies. 

4 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Vardy is one of a kind. His story is inspirational in itself, and I reckon it is because of his humble beginnings that he treasures what he has and Leicester more than others. He is just happy to play for Leicester, doing his best, and of course earn some money along the way. He is on a paltry 100k a week salary (or less) which for a player of his calibre could easily get a 50-100% uplift elsewhere. He is not getting any younger too so last few years were his best chance to earn that mega buck move. He gave that up for the Foxes. So please please I reiterate no one should ever doubt him. He can play til he is 40 here if he likes and just be walking around the park and I would support him 100% regardless.

Edited by Tom12345

I was talking to one of my Arsenal supporting mates before the game and he couldn't get his head around the fact that I wouldn't want to swap for Vardy for Aubameyang or Lacazette. Other than maybe because they're younger why would I?

After the game I said  'thats why' :vardy:

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Agree on the Mahrez point. No way is he regretting leaving, just more who he went to. There's still no excuse for the way he disrespected the club though. I dont care who your agent is, that was just disgraceful and definetely tarnished his reputation, at least in my eyes. 

He will be better suited to a fairly big side that competes in the Champions League where he will be the main man. Somewhere like Roma where he was linked before 

Roma would have been perfect for him.. Especially as he likes to Roma round airport departure lounges so much. 

• Haha 1

This is a tough one. I would say just Aguero because of how he can roll defenders and get a quick shot away and can consequently play as a bit of a target man. 

However, I would never swap the two, becayse for me they are almost identical. Vardy has got to be up there with our best players ever and his committment to the club in an era where it is easy to jump ship is admirable. A definite club legend.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I kind of get what you're saying but with Vardy and his story I actually don't agree. Arsenal as it has panned out wouldn't have been worth him going. His Leicester story from rags to riches and going on to being one of our top scorers of all time and certainly top scorer in the modern era will mean more to him. You could tell this is what prevailed when he turned Arsenal down. The immediate temptation was to follow the career path and move to a supposed big club, it's what most successful players do. But something stopped him, I think a desire to go down in history as a club legend was more of a buzz for him.

He made the right decision and when the chips are counted at the end of his career he will be unrivalled as our most influential and important player, that's pure sauce for Vardy. 

In regards to Mahrez, he had to go. Its Man City, he's 27 in his prime and although he also came from humble beginnings in football he's a different breed to Vardy. What footballers are though when disillusioned are like most working people, they feel unfulfilled and it doesn't matter whether you are picking up £40k a year but feeling undervalued and can get away with doing fcuk all or on £200k a week, eventually pride and self worth will make you want to be the heartbeat of something again. He won't regret leaving Leicester yet, he'll collect his likely 3 medals this season and reassure himself he's ticking over nicely but that will soon change if he carry's on being a bit part player. In the moment, he won't be thinking about the recent medals or even the prestige of the club. He will want the buzz of playing and being idolized. 

• Like 1

Aguero is all round. He can hold up play and rolls defenders so easy. He comes so deep to win the ball as well. I'd take Aguero over any other forward in the league. There's more than just comparing goals they've scored. 

Vardy is a club legend here always will be. Even if he'd had gone to Arsenal, his contributions to this club are massive and should never go unrecognised (just like Mahrez' and yeah people get annoyed how he left but just sit back and think about the contributions these players have made to this club).

Edited by Fox92

7 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Vardy had 8 goals in February, it's ****ing unreal that he's in the running

I know. Imagine he'd actually been playing like this all season if he wasn't ****ed off with Puel. You never know how things can work out  but i do wonder if we'd had Brendan and Tielemans all season (which i know would have been impossible) plus vardy in this form all season, on top of 4 of the top 6 being pretty shit, where could we have been? May have been 7th but part of me feels we'd have been fighting in the top 6. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

I know. Imagine he'd actually been playing like this all season if he wasn't ****ed off with Puel. You never know how things can work out  but i do wonder if we'd had Brendan and Tielemans all season (which i know would have been impossible) plus vardy in this form all season, on top of 4 of the top 6 being pretty shit, where could we have been? May have been 7th but part of me feels we'd have been fighting in the top 6. 

He is a much more well rounded striker now compared with our title winning season. His movement that season was put in the spot light and applauded but his pace was what gave him the ability to do what he did. His movement now is extraordinary, it's not just being quick now. He pulls defenders all over the place, he is doing things that he wasn't yet aware or capable of only a few years ago. I honestly think he will still be first choice for us well in to his mid to late 30's. 

• Like 3

I dont think we can compare the 2. Aguero is one of the greatest the premier league has ever seen and had a chance of catching Shearer (unlikely) if he stays in the prem and stays fit. But i honestly wouldnt swap Vardy for anyone and that doesn't mean vardy is better than everyone else, hes just perfect for us and loves the club as much as we love him. The fact he turned down Arsenal to stay here says so much about the guy.