Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
treer

Vardy v Aguero

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I believe he will, Just like the way they forgot Colin Bell, Tony Booth and Nick Channon.

The reason is they're predominately a corporate club without a deep can base unlike us.

Most of there home games are filled by people on hospitality packages.

Plus ,while I do rate Aguero, I still feel Vardy with Silva and Sterling etc supplying the opportunities Vardy would be in streets ahead in goal stats.

Streets ahead? Are you mad 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bryn said:

For what it is worth, I think Guardiola would take Vardy to Man City. I think he'd be amazing back up for Aguero and in his own right, he'd fit right in with the teams work ethic and he'd score a bucketload with that amount of other players for the opposition to mark and with his shot conversion ratio.

That's the point I was making. With the talent Man City have Vardy would score 20 plus every season. Vardy's record is unbelievable considering his limited ability. But he is getting better and learning to score in different ways. 

15 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I believe he will, Just like the way they forgot Colin Bell, Tony Booth and Nick Channon.

The reason is they're predominately a corporate club without a deep can base unlike us.

Plus ,while I do rate Aguero, I still feel Vardy with Silva and Sterling etc supplying the opportunities Vardy would be in streets ahead in goal stats.

I will politely disagree with your first comment. As a Leicester fan, I don't think I will ever forget Aguero purely on the basis of his title clinching goal. I certainly can't see Man City fans forgetting him.

The last comment - We will never know for sure but I don't think Vardy would be streets ahead. Whilst I do believe Vardy's all round game is under rated, he's not on the level of Aguero. Lets face it, for the last 3 or 4 years our team has been built around Vardy. At a team like Man City you would have to adapt to their style or you would be out of the team.  For most of this season under Puel, when we haven't played to Vardy's 'strengths,' he's struggled (only 8 league goals up until Feb).

On 30/04/2019 at 12:17, Clever Fox said:

Vardy will be remembered here long after Aguero will be forgotten at Man City.

That's the real difference between them.

Aguero is, without doubt, their greatest EVER player (David Silva is close second). I don’t think he’ll ever be forgotten at Man City. 

On 30/04/2019 at 05:44, Tom12345 said:

Vardy is one of a kind. His story is inspirational in itself, and I reckon it is because of his humble beginnings that he treasures what he has and Leicester more than others. He is just happy to play for Leicester, doing his best, and of course earn some money along the way. He is on a paltry 100k a week salary (or less) which for a player of his calibre could easily get a 50-100% uplift elsewhere. He is not getting any younger too so last few years were his best chance to earn that mega buck move. He gave that up for the Foxes. So please please I reiterate no one should ever doubt him. He can play til he is 40 here if he likes and just be walking around the park and I would support him 100% regardless.

Maybe he's just more grounded about money and realises it's worth and relevance better than most? He can retire in a few seasons time never having to work for the rest of his life. Why do you need more money than that?

I know Man City's style of play is different to ours but I wonder how many goals Vardy would've scored if he was in Aguero's place each season for the past, say, 5 seasons. 

Look at his second goal on Saturday, ball across the box, 6 yard tap in, lots of Man City's goals are like that. But they also go on fierce counters sometimes with Raheem and Sane gunning it down the wings, imagine Vardy running between them two between and behind the lines. 

Is it laughable to suggest that he may be on 25+ goals each season? 

Then how are you comparing him to Aguero, worse, better, the same? 

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 05:44, Tom12345 said:

Vardy is one of a kind. His story is inspirational in itself, and I reckon it is because of his humble beginnings that he treasures what he has and Leicester more than others. He is just happy to play for Leicester, doing his best, and of course earn some money along the way. He is on a paltry 100k a week salary (or less) which for a player of his calibre could easily get a 50-100% uplift elsewhere. He is not getting any younger too so last few years were his best chance to earn that mega buck move. He gave that up for the Foxes. So please please I reiterate no one should ever doubt him. He can play til he is 40 here if he likes and just be walking around the park and I would support him 100% regardless.

Pretty sure Vardy is now on nearly 150k a week, he is up there with the tier below the very highest earners in the PL. He might get a bit more elsewhere but not much more.

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pretty sure Vardy is now on nearly 150k a week, he is up there with the tier below the very highest earners in the PL. He might get a bit more elsewhere but not much more.

Yeh the deal he signed last summer took him to 140k. 

• Like 1

Aguero is the far better player and anyone who says otherwise to borrow the famous phrase knows nothing about football

That said, I wouldn't swap Vardy for him because Vardy has had a historic career at Leicester and once history is created it can't be erased, he is truely one of our own.

20 hours ago, smr said:

I know Man City's style of play is different to ours but I wonder how many goals Vardy would've scored if he was in Aguero's place each season for the past, say, 5 seasons.

A few comments like that on here, I don’t know if Vardy would get a lot more goals, yes he has better players around him but every attack will have the likes of Sterling, Sane, Silva bursting into the box getting into good positions to score. Whenever we attack we look to Vardy, when Man City attack they have 3 or 4 options. Aguero’s skill is finding that space in a crowded box.

The other difference would be Vardy scores a lot of goals playing on the counter getting in behind the defence, when coming up against Man City teams sit back and defend deeper they don’t commit as many players forwards. Limiting the space for Vardy. He’d still score plenty but I don’t think he would suddenly score 30 goals a season.

Man City will forget Aguero? I don't think so!!!!

Aguero's goal vs QPR is still the only goal I have celebrated like it was my own team, I can't even imagine how Man City fans must have felt and still do. The guy is a machine and has scored so many big goals for them. I LOVE Vardy and the comparison isn't a slight but along with Drogba and Suarez, Aguero is the best striker I have seen in the Premier League.

Aguero is one of the true Premier League greats- he's scored ridiculous amounts of goals for the best part of a decade and would have even more if his injury record wasn't so bad over the past few years.

He's a tier above Vardy, but Vardy is well on his way to going from cult hero to Premier League great himself- he will end up firmly in the 100 club, 4 elite seasons and counting, Premier League winner and POTY.

They're both probably ours and Man City's greatest ever legends regardless, proper goalscorers and champions.

Was considering some money on Vardy golden boot next year but this late run of form is going to see his odds tumble.

To be on 8 goals on 25th February then end up in the contention is extraordinary, but he's proven in so many different ways he's an extraordinary striker.

On 30/04/2019 at 01:35, foxinmyhouse said:

Vardy doesnt need as many shots  to score, his stats are just as good if not better then most other top strikers. Even in the past seasons his shots per goal rate has been better then most,  last season he scored 20   from 71 shots, Kane scored  30 but he took 184 shots, Aguero 21 goals from 94 shots. I think if he stays fit next season he will get 30 goals. 

This season, Harry Kane 102 shots, 46 on target, 17 goals, 6 shots per goal.  Salah 116 shots, 56 on target, 21 goals, 5.52 shots per goal. Sergio Aguero 99 shots, 38 on target, 20 goals, 4.95 shots per goal. Jamie vardy 63 shots, 33 on target,18 goals, 3.5 shots per goal.

He's a fvcking phenomenon when you look any the stats really.  Dare I say a "world class" finisher?

On 30/04/2019 at 19:51, Clever Fox said:

They were getting much bigger crowds than us when they were in the 3rd. 28k to 20k.

47 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

He's a fvcking phenomenon when you look any the stats really.  Dare I say a "world class" finisher?

Think you could argue that he is. he frequently does it in fewer shots, in a team that doesn't create as much as the top teams.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

I don't think Vards have gained a huge amount staying (other than money and legendary status). But I also don't think enough has happened at Arsenal to make him regret not going there at all. 

I might be right in saying that by staying at Leicester, he played more Champions League games than Arsenal that season. And subsequently since, Arsenal have not been in the CL.