Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
treer

Vardy v Aguero

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

He is a much more well rounded striker now compared with our title winning season. His movement that season was put in the spot light and applauded but his pace was what gave him the ability to do what he did. His movement now is extraordinary, it's not just being quick now. He pulls defenders all over the place, he is doing things that he wasn't yet aware or capable of only a few years ago. I honestly think he will still be first choice for us well in to his mid to late 30's. 

If he keeps up his fitness then you could  be right. Hes learnt the game so well and incredibly always seems to be improving despite how good he is and his age. After the league winning season, some players may have rested on their laurels if they had scored the goals JV did, but he hasnt and hes clearly improved his all round game. Hes still quick as well but like you say his movement and all round game often goes unnoticed. People always said you only need to mark Mahrez to stop Leicester. Now we have YT, Madders, Ricardo, Barnes all bombing forward and chipping in with goals and assists. We knew we couldn't replace Mahrez man for man but we've distributed his contributions nicely amongst the aforementioned players. 

Vardy is currently 48th in the all time list of prem scorers. I think he'll easily break top 30. He currently has a better goals to games record than Ronaldo and Torres and many other big names. Torres' record was obviously skewed by the shit show he had at Chelsea. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He’s got a point surely hasn’t he, what’s he gained by staying?  Arsenal have won a major trophy since he turned them down finished higher in both league season than us, are playing European football and offered him more money. So I’m a bit confused as to why staying here is clearly the better career move. Much as I appreciate it.

This “the grass isn’t always greener” crap is getting on my nerves tbh. We all know Riyad has a manipulative agent so he will be milking the media for all it’s worth in terms of his lack of game time, but if anyone thinks he’s looking back at the good old days of Leicester city when he’s banking his pay cheque or lifting what could well be three major trophies this season you’re kidding yourself. 

Mahrez reputation has suffered massively as a direct result of his move, something that many of us suspected would happen 

He’ll get his silverware but will have the humiliation of having only played a bit part and knowing that he is despised by his supporters and all for an extra few quid that he doesn’t need 

If he doesn’t regret the move he is a fool 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Mahrez reputation has suffered massively as a direct result of his move, something that many of us suspected would happen 

He’ll get his silverware but will have the humiliation of having only played a bit part and knowing that he is despised by his supporters and all for an extra few quid that he doesn’t need 

If he doesn’t regret the move he is a fool 

Totally agree. And im 100% convinced that Vardy won't regret not going to Arsenal. Not guarenteed he would be playing regularly for Arsenal and he knows hes 1st name on the team sheet here. Arsenal could (probably won't) win the Europa league and could (probably wont) make the champs league. If Vardy was to win another trophy with us, league cup or fa cup, it would mean more to him than winning the same trophy with Arsenal. 

• Like 1

Aguero is a world-class striker, but Jamie is a world-class striker too. 

Aguero has a world-class coach, Pep Guardiola, and Jamie had to be annoyed for 17 months with a manager, named Puel who played with an

anti-Vardy-system. If Brendon Rodgers had already become his coach last summer, Jamie would certainly have become THE top scorer in the PL.

That's the difference...

I have no idea how a move to Arsenal would have played out. At that time he would have been competing with Giroud, Wellbeck and Walcott for one of the forward slots alongside Sanchez. If they had built the team around him to play to his strengths then Ozil feeding Vardy and Sanchez could have been devastating, but it would have required a complete shift in Arsenal’s philosophy. There was also the fact Wenger was on his way out, whatever he promised would be quickly redundant when he left.

He could have really kicked on at Arsenal, but I think most likely he would frustrate and get frustrated in equal measures. He is not a tippy tappy Arsenal player and they will not fight and scrap with him trying to win back possession. The fans would get frustrated with his lack of contribution to the all round game. They can’t carry a player that only has 5 touches of the ball in a half even if one is a goal.

You can’t say it was definitely the right decision to turn Arsenal but it certainly hasn’t been the wrong decision to stay at Leicester.

For me Vardy has been very clever or has been well advised.

He's realised that due to his career path his time at the top has been reduced, so why reduce it further by joining a club like Arsenal, and sitting on the bench bring rotated or drop because of a poor run of form.

Here he has credit in the bank, can play 30+ games a season, be the main man.

The bloke is a LCFC legend.

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

I

He could have really kicked on at Arsenal, but I think most likely he would frustrate and get frustrated in equal measures. He is not a tippy tappy Arsenal player and they will not fight and scrap with him trying to win back possession. The fans would get frustrated with his lack of contribution to the all round game. They can’t carry a player that only has 5 touches of the ball in a half even if one is a goal.

Arsenal had a player very similar in Lucas Perez. Never played him despite a tidy record in goals and assists. 

9 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Vardy will be remembered here long after Aguero will be forgotten at Man City.

That's the real difference between them.

Aguero is Man City's all time top goal scorer. He won't ever be forgotten!

Aguero is one of the best strikers to have ever played in the Premier League. The man can literally do it all. He's improved his all round game too since Pep has taken over.

Vardy's too can do it all. His movement and passing is very under rated. The ill-informed would still say he's just a striker who runs in behind.

I would say Vardy is irreplaceable for us but Aguero would be easier to replace at Man City.  

• Like 1

If Aguero had spent two-thirds of a season playing in a system seemingly designed to isolate him (as per Leicester-under-Maestro-Puel) there is no way he'd be currently sitting on 18 goals! Unbelievable that Vardy's goalscoring record is as brilliant as it is!

Golden-boot next season!!

59 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Vardy will be remembered here long after Aguero will be forgotten at Man City.

That's the real difference between them.

Aguero won't be forgotten at Manchester City. He's their all time scorer and one of their greatest players ever.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Aguero won't be forgotten at Manchester City. He's their all time scorer and one of their greatest players ever.

And scored the last minute winner in the most dramatic end to a premier league season ever to secure Man City’s first Premier League title at the expense of their bitter rivals and neighbours.

Yeah I don’t think they’ll forget him.

Think there was a little moment in the Manchester City Netflix series where Sergio says something quite respectful about Vards after the loss at theirs last season when Kun bagged a hat-trick against us, clutching Vardy's shirt after the game and saying he's a hero or something like 'what a player' with seemingly genuine admiration.

To even compare the two is madness, Aguero has been a top 3 in the world striker for most of this decade. Much like Aguero's off seasons you could point out this season as Vardy being injured/out of games, only still to put in 20 Goals a season.

11 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Think there was a little moment in the Manchester City Netflix series where Sergio says something quite respectful about Vards after the loss at theirs last season when Kun bagged a hat-trick against us, clutching Vardy's shirt after the game and saying he's a hero or something like 'what a player' with seemingly genuine admiration.

To even compare the two is madness, Aguero has been a top 3 in the world striker for most of this decade. Much like Aguero's off seasons you could point out this season as Vardy being injured/out of games, only still to put in 20 Goals a season.

Aguero's son asked for Vardy's shirt so he had to make sure he got it lol

I think he called Vardy an icon.

Edited by Stevosevic

For what it is worth, I think Guardiola would take Vardy to Man City. I think he'd be amazing back up for Aguero and in his own right, he'd fit right in with the teams work ethic and he'd score a bucketload with that amount of other players for the opposition to mark and with his shot conversion ratio.

Edited by Bryn

7 hours ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Aguero is Man City's all time top goal scorer. He won't ever be forgotten!

Aguero is one of the best strikers to have ever played in the Premier League. The man can literally do it all. He's improved his all round game too since Pep has taken over.

Vardy's too can do it all. His movement and passing is very under rated. The ill-informed would still say he's just a striker who runs in behind.

I would say Vardy is irreplaceable for us but Aguero would be easier to replace at Man City.  

I believe he will, Just like the way they forgot Colin Bell, Tony Booth and Nick Channon.

The reason is they're predominately a corporate club without a deep can base unlike us.

Most of there home games are filled by people on hospitality packages.

Plus ,while I do rate Aguero, I still feel Vardy with Silva and Sterling etc supplying the opportunities Vardy would be in streets ahead in goal stats.

19 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

And he’ll be a club legend and welcomed back for the rest of his life, doubt that would have happened if he went to arsenal, Aguero might be be at Man City but Mahrez won’t, and neither will Kante at Chelsea.

Kante will be highly regarded at Chelsea I'd say. 

Not his fault that club has stumbled a bit the last 2 seasons or so.