Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City post Match thread

18 minutes ago, Mamba61 said:

Hi guys, Man City fan here ....

I know it's easy to heap praise on a team you've just beaten, but i've got to say how impressed i was with Leicester last night, you were tremendous.

Last night was one of the best displays i've seen any opposing side give at the Etihad this season, especially defensively, your players were really up for it, so well organised, and without Kompanys wonder strike i doubt you'd have lost this game ... maybe even won it if 'Nacho' had of been awake!

If Pep is after Chilwell I can see why, he was exceptional, but other Leicester players also rose to the occasion, and it was a huge relief to finally get the breakthrough we needed .... we had to win this, and that display of yours made it so difficult for us ...  just like our Liverpool home game, last night was incredibly tense, probably TOO tense for us, and you can be proud of your team, they displayed a fantastic spirit throughout ... you've got some top players there, surely there will be more good times in the future for you.

All the best, and well played!

Thank you and congratulations on another well deserved title. Wish more Man City fans were like you... when you guys were fellow strugglers I had enormous respect for the Man City faithful being able to pack out stadiums even in League One. These days it doesn't seem that way among the newer generation of fans, but I suppose that is to be expected when a successful team starts attracting newer and often more fickle fans. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Hamza was on top form.   

Another very strong performance from the Premier League's best affro hands down against a top side. If you were to nitpick you'd say he should have closed Kompany down and he clearly looked upset when the goal went in. But at the same time against a team of such quality you are inevitably going to have to give the ball up to some players some of the time, and you'd take Kompany striking from there over a Bernardo or David Silva every time.

Plus his fantastic burst near the end to setup Nacho should have at the very least worked the keeper.

Overall his contribution was far superior to Tielemans and even Maddison I would say. He put in a shift!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Just seen some highlights.. cant believe no one has mentioned Harry's run from the back to set up Maddsion.  add another zero to the bill :)

Funniest moment was when he skinned Gundogan. 

Edited by sm1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

But we are.

Under Puel we did it habitually, now we almost always only do it to retain possession.

10 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

This is perfection

It's a distinction with a difference.

Under Puel, we quite often passed the ball with no pressure at all on us. In last night's game, we almost always did it only when Man City put pressure on the ball carrier - and if it seemed that we were passing backwards a lot, it was only because Man City constantly and relentlessly put pressure on us whenever we had the ball (particularly in the second-half).

Admittedly, there were a few occasions when it seemed we needlessly passed backwards when the better option would probably have been to go forwards (once poignant instance saw us passing backwards after a freekick failed to clear the Man City defence, with our big men still upfield and waiting for another chance), and hence my "almost always" qualifier.  

Frankly, comparing the manner we pass the ball around under each of Puel and Rodgers is akin to comparing chalk and cheese. But in fairness to Puel, Tielemans has play a crucial role in the very marked transition in our passing game, and thus it is perhaps not coincidental that we reverted to Puel-ball as Tielemans suffered through his most ineffective game for us.

Edited by NaijaFox

10 hours ago, sylofox said:

Incorrect only Brighton can stop them now. Really that's not going to happen. Liverpool have no say in it now its man c's to fvck up. 

Ok yer but Liverpool still need to win. 

Hope Brighton pull off some magic. 

Ndidi, Maguire and Perreira all brilliant last night. Hamza one of his best games for us. Tielemens and Maddison both a bit out of their comfort zones but they'll learn. 

Have to say watching that Kompany strike arrow in from our end was a real privilege. Can't complain about a goal of that calibre beating us and winning them the league. A lot of our fans clapped when it went in.

Not been mentioned enough, but we only made 5 fouls the whole game and one of them was Kelechi being a muppet. Under pressure for long periods and we contained them without being dirty. Also huge kudos to our 2 academy lads Hamza and Ben in nullifying one of the most in form players in the world right now in Bernardo Silva.

Man City was more dirty with 2 complete hack jobs denying us good counter attacks. When Pep moans about protection for his players next time, I hope someone will remind him of this game.

That said. What a team Man City is. Not only are they immensely talented, but they work really hard as well. That we managed to frustrate them as much as we did, give me massive hope and excitement for the future.  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere already, but why in the world did Rodgers sub off Tielemans and Maddison - the two guys who can create a goal out of nothing - and leave guys like Albrighton, Choudhury and Ndidi on the pitch?  Seemed like extremely odd moves given we were chasing 2 goals to have any chance at 7th.

Tielemans was definitely having a bad game so I understood that, dont know about maddison.

albrighton one of the best crossers of the ball in the league, he is always a good player to have on when you need a goal.

Just scrolling through Bluemoon and plenty of comments that we were good last night and only liverpool better ..... not sure about that as we struggled to get going second half but we certainly made an impression and if we can keep our players and add a couple then we really have a chance next season of enjoying the campaign ......

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Just scrolling through Bluemoon and plenty of comments that we were good last night and only liverpool better ..... not sure about that as we struggled to get going second half but we certainly made an impression and if we can keep our players and add a couple then we really have a chance next season of enjoying the campaign ......

There aren’t many teams that would have the audacity in a game of that magnitude like that to play with fire in the way we passed out of trouble. That moment after about ten minutes where we engineered that chance for Ricardo was a statement of intent. At the end of the day we faded away and lost but we tried to play football and matched them for most of it and without being dirty or cynical. And frankly Kompany’s goal was one fitting to be the title winner. 

I’m personally really proud of the club. We suffered a huge tragedy this season and yet we’ve successfully reinvented our way of playing and have an almost unrecognisable lineup from the title season made up of highly promising young players. We play good stuff and it’s exciting to watch. 

We’ve already witnessed the impossible, the moment that will mark our club forever so for me I’m quite content to see a competitive team that is pleasing to watch and we already have that! Plus we have three academy players and I think in the case of Hamza and Barnes that they are really proud to play for us. It’s happy days really!

• Like 2

On 07/05/2019 at 08:47, Babylon said:

Having watched all his games for us I can categorically state that wasn't on purpose lol

No, you only think it wasn’t like I think it was. The bloke never gets stuck in. Taking a Man City player out  by his own corner flag was the telltale. Wasted 30s or more for them. 

This miss?  Well, yeah, maybe, but he made solid contact and guided it out of play. It looked intentional to me. Although I can admit he is not quite the star we thought we had on our hands. 

19 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

No, you only think it wasn’t like I think it was. The bloke never gets stuck in. Taking a Man City player out  by his own corner flag was the telltale. Wasted 30s or more for them. 

This miss?  Well, yeah, maybe, but he made solid contact and guided it out of play. It looked intentional to me. Although I can admit he is not quite the star we thought we had on our hands. 

One person alleging deliberate subterfuge and one person doubting it is NOT equal - one is a fairly reasonable point of view, and one isn't.