Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City post Match thread

I thought there were some great performances. Choudhury looked comfortable and wasn't out classed, Ricardo has just got better and better all season and Maddison is going to be one hell of a player. Thought Tielemens was a little quiet which will hopefully put off the big boy offers.

Nacho needs to go out on loan , he just snatched at our best chance, we'll have to call him Snacho !

Thought we played well, definitely should have scored one (either Kelechi or Maddison who probably should have played in Albrighton). Evans and Maguire solid enough again.

Man City fans are deluded. Can't stand them. They think everyone is against them, not once did we commit a bad foul (not like them). Evans' challenge on Sterling was superb and they all screamed as if it was something bad.

Too negative.

We should have gone for it abit more.i know it could have ended in mayhem but what the hell,we didn't have anything to offer upfront.

Hamza was brilliant.

Ian Nacho can't play again for us,he's had enough chances...we need options upfront.

Thought it was a decent game and pretty entertaining considering we have no dog in this fight. True to our fearless spirit we had city huffing and puffing for the bulk of the game and gave them a few scares coming close to scoring. Things for Brendo to fix in the summer is ways in which to keep the momentum going during 2nd halfs whether that is motivation, tactics, fresh new players that can make a serious impact. Kasper was immense and put de gea to shame tonite with his cat like reflexes but nothing he could do with that missile that launched off company's foot. The Belgian waffle couldn't have hit it any harder or straighter - part luck and part great contact & technique bravo to him.

Like others said Vardy wasn't that much of a threat in this game. Still see improvements needed in the last 3rd of our game some better decisions need to be made as to whether to shoot or pass to someone in a better position.

Its all good problems for our manager to get his teeth sunk into. Hats off to our defenders for putting in a hell of a shift today going toe to toe with city not easy for any team in the world. Saving the best till last Mr Nachos oh what are we to do with him now? Its curtains for him I'm afraid. He's the horse we've flogged to death yet keeps getting up to be flogged some more. Like that quiet kid in school who keeps crapping his pants I don't know whether to feel sorry for him or strangle him. His performances have been frustrating but I'll give him credit to hang in there and keep going but he just ain't improving. Is he worth the time and energy to re-coach or sell him. worse case we can loan him out to Villa or Leeds and see if he can remember how to score goals again (Did we really pay $20 million for him??)

All in all excited for next season. Can't wait to see who we buy to strengthen the team but most importantly we gotta hang on to our best players including Tielemans. Pep can F off for all care. If anyone is thinking about going to city I hope they got a good glimpse of Mahrez falling asleep on the subs bench! Thats what greener pastures look like.

9 hours ago, Izzy said:

Didn’t give us any credit. Said we came to defend like Watford did. Reckons they were far the better team etc, etc.

Just came across as up his own arse and not very sporting to me.

He told the truth then.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He told the truth then.

I thought he came over as having an issue with the way we approached the game 

maybe he thought we should have been more expansive and make a more open game of it 

Either way, he should not be so dismissive and in a way, disrespectful - especially when we already beat them once this season and have to play them at least twice next ....

Thought we played OK. A bit too patient at times and allowed them to press us high second half. Tielemans in particular often looked like he wanted too much time on the ball.

Cant stand Guardiola tbh, his tactical foul mentality is not the way the game should be played, and I hate the way the smarmy cretin has long chats with opposition players after games. 

Don't think we deserved much from the game, but not many do at the Etihad. Worrying for the league how far ahead Man City and Liverpool are. 

10 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Can't stand Man City. Hate the way they've bought success. And hated the way they played today. Foul after foul. Kompany and Silva could both have gone in a different game, ref bottled it. 

Nasty, cheating, fouling and time wasting. :ranieri::revenge:

Only Pool can stop them now. Come on Liverpool!

Incorrect only Brighton can stop them now. Really that's not going to happen. Liverpool have no say in it now its man c's to fvck up. 

Edited by sylofox

34 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

Went into the game thinking I’d rather see Man City win it over Liverpool but after their deluded fans’ showing last night I hope Liverpool win it. 

On the way out of the ground last night, there were lots of people complementary about us and saying how next year we will be right up there, if we keep our team together. 

3 minutes ago, browniefox said:

On the way out of the ground last night, there were lots of people complementary about us and saying how next year we will be right up there, if we keep our team together. 

It’s okay saying that after the game but during the game... not a single bad tackle from us last night and they were going on like we were murdering them. Evans on Sterling - fantastic tackle for all to see, their fans complaining like it’s a red. 

For me it was very much a Puel-esque performance against a top side. We look comfortable to a point, knock it around nicely at times but ran out of ideas and our midfield wasn't able to control the possession (not saying that is easy by the way against a phenomenal side) Subs were a little too late, we could have done with Gray/Barnes earlier so they could run with the ball and get us up the pitch. Vardy was playing central midfielder most of the game, running from side to side. Even if we did knick the ball we were unable to release him. Not suggesting it wasn't a good performance, defensively excellent but all criticisms labelled at Puel could be said about last night.

Maguire might have earned himself a move, thought he was superb and how does Ricardo not play for Portgual (please tell me Cedric Soares doesn't still play ahead of him?)

Man City are great at sustaining attacks, Gary Neville talks about it a lot but you can really see it when they play against your team. That second half we barely had a kick.

10 hours ago, Mr Weller said:

The most criticism you can give is that at times we were a bit Puelesque in that we passed backwards when we didn’t need to but we’re gradually getting that out of our system.

Shame as we might have won the game with his tactics, like we did at ours. 

Can't believe people are still pinning stuff on him, he's been gone ages and Rodgers wants to play possession football, you could see that it was our tactics the start of the game. The issue wasn't Puel, the issue was we didn't commit enough men forward and Man City are basically brilliant and have amazing players that also work their bollocks off. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, browniefox said:

I find Man City fans are two extremes; either incredibly deluded or almost too humble. 

• Like 1

We got off to a decent start but from the 30th minute to Kompanys goal there was only one team in it really.

We saw Man City at their most fierce if not their best.  That said we didn't lack for effort and were close a few times ourselves. No other team except Crystal Palace can say the same. 16 home wins in from 17 and chasing a title. It wasn't the most ideal night to play them so we did well to contain them for so long. 

Didn't lose any face in that defeat. A right winger and a striker away from being a damn good side. First time B-Rod got a glimpse of what it will take to push the top sides. We'll emerge better for it hopefully.

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 1

Difficult one, I don't want Liverpool to win the league... but I didn't want us to fold over to Man City to stop Liverpool having a chance, at the very least we battled well with some quality in attack and possession but ultimately we were beaten by one of the best goals I've ever seen in my life. We were guilty of not closing Kompany but in fairness a CB taking that shot? You would let him have it any day of the week as it would usually end up in Row Z.

Hopefully, Brendan has had time to assess his team thoroughly to see what he needs, not to lay any blame at Kelechi but I dare say that's the last time we will see him in a Leicester shirt. 2 Strikers, Tielemans (or Tielemans like player) and a winger in the summer!