Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City post Match thread

7 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Was it just me who thought Vardy was a bit static and lacking in energy in the second half? Even when Maddison and Tielemans had the ball in space he was not making runs. 

Think man city penned us in more in the second half. The wingers were virtually full backs and the midfield was tucked in.

No point in making runs in behind as he knew the ball wasn't coming his way. He did make a great run the first time we got through when Nacho had his chance to take two defenders with him.

Overall though that's the best performance I've seen a team give Man City for years at the Ethiad. Did they even have a decent opening all game?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, brucey said:

obligatory Mahrez bench pic from today

Capture.JPG

Cant even get on the pitch against old team. Wow, he has fallen hard.

Unfortunate that it hasnt worked out for him but he has got to get out of manchester this summer, an absolute waste of talent

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

Thought we defended brilliantly and were really composed. Had our moments offensively but more often than not if we play like that next year we’ll do very well. Hats off to Kompany, as my mate put it... that was an absolute thunderbastard!! Play like that against Chelsea and there’s every chance of another memorable win

First half we reverted to puel tactics, which wasnt necessarily terrible but I felt we too often passed it back to kasper when we were in their third.

Second half I dont know what I was watching, we suddenly were playing like a relegation team who is fighting for a draw, and just hoofing it out on every clearance, a strategy that never works.  The exception was maguire running out which gave us a bout 5 mins of breathing space and other opportunities to get it forward, but then we started hoofing again before the eventual goal.  It was like watching craig shakespeare's team again, hooooof.

Rodgers needs to fix these issues, I dont want another performance like that second half again, always always either pass or dribble the ball out, when there is space.

Tielemans had a poor game, vardy didnt close down players, iheanacho was iheanacho.

• Haha 1

Just now, turtmcfly said:

You were watching us play last year's champions trying very hard to be this year's champions at their own ground.

I was, and the first 45 mins against those same champions we showed we could clear the ball in an intelligent manner.

8 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Unfortunate that it hasnt worked out for him but he has got to get out of manchester this summer, an absolute waste of talent

It was stupid, just think how good we would be now with the players we have and mahrez still here, but it is what it is and we have parted ways.  He has another EPL title now and a bunch more money so dont feel too sorry for him.

Edited by Chrysalis

5 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Thought we defended brilliantly and were really composed. Had our moments offensively but more often than not if we play like that next year we’ll do very well. Hats off to Kompany, as my mate put it... that was an absolute thunderbastard!! Play like that against Chelsea and there’s every chance of another memorable win

Agree. We look so much better at the back without Wes. Evans has exceeded my expectations many times over.  The defense is looking good and even if Slabbers leaves, I hope Benko will be a revelation under BR.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Basically they were by far the better team and deserved the win. Also mentioned that we were very physical,  when infact it was Man City committing the cynical fouls. Came across as a complete bellend. Kompany on the other hand was a complete gent. 

Have to say Kompany is a class act...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I'm confused, the post match analysis on Sky is more about Man Utd than us and they weren't even playing :dunno:

Our lot relegated to news channel whilst Neville cries about Utds internal staff structuring. 

It seems like the job of a pundit now is to discuss all the problems at the top 6 clubs and cry and cry and cry until they sort themselves out.

Proud of the boys. Madders, Harry and Riccy played really well. Kasper too. Ndidi IMMENSE.  It was worth watching for that keeping-up game he did in the first half.Vardy did some scrappy things really well but Oil City defended his movement tremendously. They are as good without the ball as they are with it.

On the downside, I thought we were liable for a long range shot cause we weren't closing them down outside the box. Didn't expect it from Kompany though. 

Oil City has won it and to be fair it's deserved. 

And finally.  Nacho. Where do you even START? He has to get that on target. Even just to coax a save out of their goalie. Come on. He is a professional footballer. 

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Thought we deserved a point. Pisses me off that we’ll see Kompanys goal all week. Don’t get me wrong it’s a great goal but if Evans/maguire had done that there wouldn’t of been much of the reaction which man city will get. Still fuming over nachos miss. 

On the balance we did have as many clear cut chances as them... sure they passed it a lot in front of our defence but not much come of it ... took a freak moment to unlock us tonight

Edited by foxes_rule1978

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

Thought we deserved a point. Pisses me off that we’ll see Kompanys goal all week. Don’t get me wrong it’s a great goal but if Evans/maguire had done that there wouldn’t of been much of the reaction which man city will get. Still fuming over nachos miss. 

More so it will be the goal that won them the title even though there were many that did lol

Scenes if brighton get a win or draw lol

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Can't really agree with those saying we deserved a point. We battled hard throughout and it took a utterly brilliant strike to beat to us in the end. But after 25 minutes, when we started very well and looked a threat, we dropped deeper, especially after the break and, in the end, copped it as a result. Still, lots to build on. 

I think the reasoning behind it is we kept them to very few decent chances-it wasn’t defending by fingernails. They had two good chances that Kasper saved brilliantly, and we had a couple of good clear chances too-Maddison guilty of wasting Maguire’s dribble when Albrighton was wide and we had men in the box. Even when they battered possession, they didn’t look like scoring. Point would have been fair, but you play percentages and you can’t complain to lose like that.

• Like 2

My only main critism of Brendan today was he didn't freshen the game up while we had a chance.

You could see we were tiring in the second half and not getting the ball forward. Barnes should have come on for Albrighton after the hour mark to give us some legs.

But once the goal went in it was always going to be an uphill battle.

All things considered, it was collectively a top effort from the lads though and performances like that in the first half of the season would surely have guaranteed us a European place.

It's a time to reflect and rebuild for next season. We can play without pressure and enjoy the game on Sunday, hoping to finish on a high!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Heard Le Havre going to offer $4 million in the summer to bring him back.