Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2019/2020

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I thought this would happen? I didn't think they did it mid season.

I think they do at non league level, cause sadly in recent times its happened a lot however you'd think under the current circumstances, they would just punish Wigan next season. Of course the clubs at the bottom would moan. But I dunno for me, I kind of feel sorry for Wigan, they no way a rich club who've gone out spend big bucks to get back to the big time, they've just lived with what they've got but sadly covid-19 has affected them badly as many. Too punish a club for this just seems harsh. 

12 minutes ago, Corky said:

They need something from their last game and to better Wigan's result, Wigan are 13 points ahead with a far superior goal difference. If they fail to win, they are down.

Wigan's possible points deduction is irrelevant as far as Hull are concerned, they need to finish above two teams, they need to beat Cardiff and Luton need to lose, all bettering Wigan's result with the points deduction means is they'll finish 3rd bottom instead of second.

Charlton look screwed to me after Luton winning today. They are away at Leeds, and Luton are at home to Blackburn, and could only need a point given Charlton will probably lose. 

Edit - Forgot about Wigan's 12 point deduction. They are currently down on 46 points with that. They need another win too, but are at home to Fulham who also need to win and hope for the best. 

Edited by The Bear

I wouldn't rule out results on last day for both Wigan and Charlton. 

Wednesday is the last game of the season, Leeds have won the league and probably on the piss. Charlton could go and win there. Although I agree it's unlikely.

Wigan will beat Fulham at home imo. Fulham very unlikely to get top two, it's not going to happen realistically. So they won't want to be playing full throttle when they have potentially three games to play. They may even rest players and Wigan are good at home

12 minutes ago, Tinman said:

I'm done if they do.

Because of spygate or Leeds as a club historically?  Is the rivalry because of Revie/Clough, is that still existent? 

edit: Just watched the WBA game from the 70's when you won the title. Not sure how old you are good grief lol No wonder Revie and co went mental.

Edited by Fox92

21 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Choke from Brentford here. They finally got the result they wanted last night and can't do it when it matters. Crazy what pressure does in sport!!!

Exactly what I thought.  Wish I had put some money on Stoke now.:(

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Because of spygate or Leeds as a club historically?  Is the rivalry because of Revie/Clough, is that still existent? 

edit: Just watched the WBA game from the 70's when you won the title. Not sure how old you are good grief lol No wonder Revie and co went mental.

I think it’s funny that they’ve been out of the PL for 16 years yet their entire focus is on us. I knew we’d hurt them last season but I didn’t realise they had cried about it quite this much.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tuna said:

So I see The Cowley's have been sacked by Huddersfield.

Not sure what went wrong there but they succeeded in keeping them up.

I thought them two would do okay next season at Huddersfield. Couldn't see them in a relegation fight again. The work they did at Lincoln was superb.

Didn't expect them sacked.

Huddersfield changed ownership last year though (or the year before). Before that I felt they were well ran under their previous chairman.

10 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Ownership sound a mess, didn't they drop Simpson about half hour before a kick off?

Yeah. They offered him a deal then withdrew it before KO I think.

I lived round Lincoln a while and have fondness for them. Been to a few games and the cup final at Wembley. Cowleys did two promotions and a cup win.

What the hell Huddersfield management are thinking. They have a small budget and these two came in when they were adrift and have all but secured safety. 

I've watched Forest 3/4 times this year and they are a very negative team. They went to bottom of the league Barnsley today and set up as if they were up against peak Liverpool. 

Even if (when) they make the play offs they will be swept aside. If they by some miracle get promoted I'd put serious money on them beating Derby's record.