Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2019/2020

Derby lost last night due to a Wayne Rooney mistake pretty much ending play off hopes lol.

bbc article I read said “Rooney dallied on the ball, was disposessed by Lee Tomlin who raced through to score”..... is that the same Tomlin of Peterborough who makes GTF look like Mo Farah?

As it stands with 2 games to go in the championships for most teams, only 3 teams mathematically have nothing to play for (if you consider potential administration/ points deductions for Wigan and Sheff Wed).

17 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Same purely for the away day (if we're allowed to go)

However, whoever doesn't come up, we should be trying to nab players from, especially Brentford.

At least this season top the top 4 are all good away days - Leeds, Brentford, WBA, Fulham.

1 hour ago, SystonFox said:

Derby lost last night due to a Wayne Rooney mistake pretty much ending play off hopes lol.

bbc article I read said “Rooney dallied on the ball, was disposessed by Lee Tomlin who raced through to score”..... is that the same Tomlin of Peterborough who makes GTF look like Mo Farah?

The thought of an ageing Wayne Rooney being dispossessed by a post lockdown Lee Tomlin is enough to make me not get frustrated down Goals ever again.

1 minute ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Cardiff is a cracking day out. Plenty of pubs and bars all within walking distance of the stadium. 

Swansea is a decent night out too, just a bit far and annoying to get to. They'd both be good as long as your staying over I guess.

Last time I went Cardiff we lost 2-1 in the league cup on a Tuesday night with Logan in goal, never again:nono:

Hope Brentford manage to nick the 2nd promotion slot off WBA, even if it looks unlikely.

Can't be bothered with WBA, nothing against them really and like their fans I've met, but just so dull. Another Pulis team that outstayed their welcome. It would be like Burnley coming back up after going down.

Will be strange to see Leeds back in the Premier League, I'm hoping they'll seal the deal as they are a colourful club.

So with only 2 games to go it's a three horse race. Well four if you give Fulham a very outside chance.

90354ff56ca3d0ffe644943dea161398.jpg

Leeds only need one more point to secure promotion and unlikely they will be overtaken now. The race for 2nd with West Brom and Brentford is the interesting story here.

West Brom:

Huddersfield A

QPR H

Brentford:

Swansea A

Barnsley H

Fulham:

Sheff Wed H

Wigan A

Fulham probably have the two most winnable fixtures but the other two have good home fixtures on the last day so it's unlikely they'll both slip up to help out Fulham.

You've still got to fancy West Brom with their two fixtures as Swansea isn't an easy game for Brentford as they are pushing for the final playoff place. l'd love to see Brentford do it at their expense though!

I think Forest are safe in the playoffs unless catastrophe strikes and they lose both games. And the final playoff place is probably between Swansea and Millwall.

Incidentally Barnsley need to win both of their games to stay up. Home to Forest then Brentford away. Maybe if they beat Forest you'd give them a slight sniff of beating Brentford, but if they lose it then they'll likely roll over against them on the last day. 

27 minutes ago, The Bear said:

So with only 2 games to go it's a three horse race. Well four if you give Fulham a very outside chance.

Leeds only need one more point to secure promotion and unlikely they will be overtaken now. The race for 2nd with West Brom and Brentford is the interesting story here.

West Brom:

Huddersfield A

QPR H

Brentford:

Swansea A

Barnsley H

Fulham:

Sheff Wed H

Wigan A

Fulham probably have the two most winnable fixtures but the other two have good home fixtures on the last day so it's unlikely they'll both slip up to help out Fulham.

You've still got to fancy West Brom with their two fixtures as Swansea isn't an easy game for Brentford as they are pushing for the final playoff place. l'd love to see Brentford do it at their expense though!

I think Forest are safe in the playoffs unless catastrophe strikes and they lose both games. And the final playoff place is probably between Swansea and Millwall.

Incidentally Barnsley need to win both of their games to stay up. Home to Forest then Brentford away. Maybe if they beat Forest you'd give them a slight sniff of beating Brentford, but if they lose it then they'll likely roll over against them on the last day. 

I can see West Brom slipping up at Huddersfield and I expect Brentford to take maximum points.

It'd be funnier if they bottle it, but I don't mind them coming up. Not for the BCD (Black Country Derby not behind closed feckin doors!) they are horrendous shit-fests with the fans giving it large to each other, but they have had the better of recent meetings so it'd be nice to do them over a few times. 

Edited by The Bear

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It'd be funnier if they bottle it, but I don't mind them coming up. Not for the BCD (Black Country Derby not behind closed feckin doors!) they are horrendous shit-fests with the fans giving it large to each other, but they have had the better of recent meetings so it'd be nice to do them over a few times. 

Should have some more good derbies next season. You lot and WBA, Leeds and Sheff Utd, Fulham/Brentford and Chelsea.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, The Bear said:

West Brom:

Huddersfield A

QPR H

Brentford:

Swansea A

Barnsley H

Fulham:

Sheff Wed H

Wigan A

would love it if Blooos go down. Never minded the team but their fans :revenge:

Never met one who wasn't total human detritus!

• Like 1