Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Women's World Cup 2019

Just now, Nalis said:

Random point - One thing I dont get is why the 'studio' have stood for every game so far. Did BBC get the budget spaces in the stadium or something?

Couldn't afford chairs.

40 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Good point tbh. Wouldn't hurt to have a male analyst, we get female presenters and analysts.

Having a mixture integrates the two together rather than having one solely done by either gender. 

They had big Dion on yesterday

I find it ****ing hilarious that those on social media who love labelling people as 'snowflakes' seemingly have an issue with all female presenter/punditry. 

At the end of the day if you don't respect women football in the first place, why do you give a ****? 

• Like 2

Guest MattP

Made me chuckle when I saw the attendance - Marr in the morning said it was a sell out and it was 2/3 empty. The BBC can bullshit all they want but you change facts unfortunately. 

Edited by MattP

3 hours ago, Beliall said:

Watched England v Scotland yesterday. was an enjoyable game. wrong to compare it to the mens game, because the women can win

Not if they play like they did in the 2nd half, awful, decent first half but if there are plenty of teams that will beat us if we play like that, hopefully we've got our worst performance out of the way.

8 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Not if they play like they did in the 2nd half, awful, decent first half but if there are plenty of teams that will beat us if we play like that, hopefully we've got our worst performance out of the way.

yeah im not sure if we were bad or scotland were better. was impressed with their keeper, but after motd sharing ridiculous goals for the past 2 weeks it wouldnt take much to impress me

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

the 'anyone arsed' on this thread title bugs me more than it should.

lacks respect imo. It's still a world cup.

If the thread was titled 'Men's World Cup of Darts' or 'Mens World Cup of Golf' - anyone arsed? Would that bug you and would it lack respect?

I'm looking forward to seeing the Canadian ladies get things underway today against Cameroon. 

We have had a hell of a time with scoring of late. I think we've had a couple pens in the last few games and nothing else. That's a big concern obviously.

Go Canada!

Getting into it a bit more now ...   this morning round the pool me and a few mates gave our own scores to the England ladies for ‘best looking’ based on their little ratings pictures in the paper ...   funnily enough we all agreed on the same one in the England team but found it a lot more difficult with the Jocks as most of them were munta’s...    :)

Edited by Countryfox

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Getting into it a bit more now ...   this morning round the pool me and a few mates gave our own scores to the England ladies for ‘best looking’ based on their little ratings pictures in the paper ...   funnily enough we all agreed on the same one in the England team but found it a lot more difficult with the Jocks as most of them were munta’s...    :)

What's he doing with them?

I watched the England/Scotland match yesterday and was very impressed with England's skill and athleticism in the first half - they played some great one-touch football. Scotland came into it in the second half, but their defence - part from the keeper - was dreadful.

One other thing I liked about the match was the absence of that fvcking band that plagues the England men's matches.