Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Kasper Schmeichel = Legend

One of the 2 successful signings Sven made in his time here (Nugent being the other). Nearly a decade at the club and still going strong eith over 300 league appearances for us. 15/16 is seen as peak Kasper but 16/17 he truly stepped up as well, especially in the Champions League. Made a world class save away to Copenhagen with an injured hand, and he topped that by saving Correa's pen away to Sevilla in the first leg and again saved Nzonzi pen in the second leg. 

Here he reflects on his time at Leeds 

Leicester City’s Kasper Schmeichel comments on Leeds United spell

Leicester City goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel was at Leeds United in 2010-11.

Leicester City goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel has suggested on Joe Hart’s Youtube series Gloved that he should not have joined Leeds United back in 2010.

Schmeichel moved to Leeds in 2010 and left the West Yorkshire outfit in 2011 for Leicester.

The Denmark international goalkeeper played quite regularly for the Whites during the 2010-11 campaign.

The 32-year-old, though, has admitted that he did not enjoy his time at Elland Road, and believes that the Leeds fans did not take to him.

Schmeichel told Joe Hart’s Youtube series Gloved, as transcribed by Leeds Live: “I remember about three weeks after joining Leeds thinking, ‘What have I done?!’ It was just the wrong club for me at that time. It was very clear, very early on that it was the wrong club for me.

“It was a club where I was not accepted and with my father’s history, it was evident among the fans that they did not approve of that. I just didn’t feel welcome at all at the club, by the whole club, that’s the manager (Simon Grayson) as well. He didn’t give me any kind of confidence.

“I had a decent season, I thought. I didn’t set the world alight but I had a solid enough season, but I did not enjoy my time there at all. It was a really bad time.”

Schmeichel has been superb for Leeds over the years and is now regarded as one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier League.

The Denmark international has become much better since the time when he was at Leeds, and the 32-year-old still has a fair few years left in him at the highest level.

The former Manchester City goalkeeper played a key role in Leicester’s stunning Premier League triumph during the 2015-16 campaign.

As for Leeds, the Whites failed to win promotion to the Premier League via the Championship playoffs this season.

• Like 3

Leeds United fans on Twitter have laughed off claims from Leicester Citygoalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel that they didn't like him during his stint at Elland Road.

The Premier League-winning Dane spent the 2010-11 campaign with Leeds, but then quit for Leicester.

Schmeichel, son of Manchester United legend Peter, made 37 Championship appearances for the Whites that season, helping them finish seventh on their return to the second tier.

Despite that, the 32-year-old, speaking to Joe Hart's Gloved series on YouTube, is adamant that he wasn't welcome in West Yorkshire and claims that the fans resented him for his who his father was, given the animosity between Leeds and the Red Devils.

Leeds fans comment here - https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/05/27/rubbish-leeds-fans-react-to-kasper-schmeichel-claim/

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

Leeds United fans on Twitter have laughed off claims from Leicester Citygoalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel that they didn't like him during his stint at Elland Road.

The Premier League-winning Dane spent the 2010-11 campaign with Leeds, but then quit for Leicester.

Schmeichel, son of Manchester United legend Peter, made 37 Championship appearances for the Whites that season, helping them finish seventh on their return to the second tier.

Despite that, the 32-year-old, speaking to Joe Hart's Gloved series on YouTube, is adamant that he wasn't welcome in West Yorkshire and claims that the fans resented him for his who his father was, given the animosity between Leeds and the Red Devils.

Leeds fans comment here - https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/05/27/rubbish-leeds-fans-react-to-kasper-schmeichel-claim/

I remember there was a lot of animosity and blame towards him when he left, Could be that they were hurt that he’d left, I also remember a lot accusing him of going for the money and that he’d leave us after a year as well. 

13 minutes ago, Sampson said:

His penalty save vs Sevilla is surely his most iconic moment?

Yeovil at home runs it close.

The late pen save against Emnes in the Boro snow game was colossal as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

I know he's got a rep for being a bit of an arse and I know his distribution isn't the best etc, etc...

But, he's been outstanding for us and has saved/gained us many, many points and wins over the years.

He's a leader and a Leicester legend and if he can maintain his form, I hope he stays another few seasons and makes it to 10 years with us.

Exactly. Who cares if he's a bit of an arse anyway? . It's not like I've got to go out drinking with him! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Their chant for him was "Your Dads a ****, but you're alright".

Hardly endearing.

The second he left to join us their chant became "Your Dads a **** and so are you".