Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

1 hour ago, Walkerfox said:

Hence why I said premier league LEVEL. 

If that's his level how is he with a club thats in the Championship? You make no Sense. 

So because Ward played in the prem does that make him Premier level level as well?

Your level is your current club surely. 

Edited by themightyfin
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

When you see how much players get on new contracts at top 10 sides, can't see barnes being on less than 100k at a west ham/newcastle/spurs. That or 40k a week here. Even as a Leicester fan I know what I'd want. 

If they want to pay 50/60m then we would probably sell.

4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Where has the presumption that he wants to leave come from? 

Seems quite settled with his Gf not sure they would even want to move.  

I suspect he has one of these new-fangled motorcars

5 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Where has the presumption that he wants to leave come from? 

Seems quite settled with his Gf not sure they would even want to move.  

Would you think the club would entertain an offer and want to cash in, rather than Barnes wanting to leave?

Just now, Buzzell said:

He hasn’t said he wants to leave though so we can’t just guess can we. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn’t.

No offence mate but you need to wake up & stop living in cuckoo land. Apart from the younger lads & probably Vards every other 1st team/senior player at the club will be telling their agent to get them a move away to either a Prem or European team. That’s the reality. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Albert said:

No offence mate but you need to wake up & stop living in cuckoo land. Apart from the younger lads & probably Vards every other 1st team/senior player at the club will be telling their agent to get them a move away to either a Prem or European team. That’s the reality. 

Let’s see aye.

11 minutes ago, Albert said:

They will but the club will also make decisions on those they want to keep - I suspect there will also be some negotiations on relegation clause salary reductions whereby the club may have to give part way to retain some of them where we won’t get a good enough fee on sale. 

1 hour ago, Walkerfox said:

But how does that benefit us? Would it not be best to sell him now and avoid that entirely, whilst making a good chunk of money off him as well?

If the good chunk of money was a suitable price for a wide player that will almost certainly bag 10+ goals in the Premier League every season, then maybe it would be worth considering. But the problem is that clubs won't offer what he is worth, and selling star players for less then they are worth when they have two years left on their contract isn't a good habit to get into in my opinion. I say we keep him unless someone offers silly money, we don't NEED to sell him yet.

5 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

I'd like to see the quote from Barnes regarding this? 

I thought someone mentioned this on about page 5 of this group. Does come across that he is horizontal though, which is why people probably class him as lazy 

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I don’t think he’s put it on his insta …..

Of course he hasn’t. He hasn’t said anything about leaving lol 

He’s an asset yes and will attract interest in which we could make good money on him but the club won’t be low balled into selling him just because we got relegated. It will happen on our terms, especially with Barnes as he has two years remaining on his current contract. If nobody coughs up the cash then he will stay unless he moans about it.

Unless a big bid comes in that is worth looking at then I can’t see us selling.

Edited by Buzzell

Did anyone else see Barnes cry after Fulham away? Caught it on my totally legit stream.

I think he has a good solid group of lads around the place that he likes and they are not ones expected to go like Thomas, KDH, Hamza. And I think unlike some he genuinely cares.

I don't know, considering we have zero wide players without Barnes and Maresca is probably playing a 433 so we would want 3 over a 46 games season, and considering the English tax, I'd hold out for a very large fee fo Barnes as we may not necessarily need to sell and I'm not Confident he would want to. I can see him going for £30m if we decide to bank it.

4 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

30 million for a 50 million winger with two years left on his contract? I hope we laugh at any offers below 50.

He is not a 50m winger now we are in the Championship I fear 

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

He is not a 50m winger now we are in the Championship I fear 

30 million is what you pay for a winger who has performed well enough in the Championship to be worth the gamble. Barnes isn't a gamble, he has proven himself as a Premier League standard player so we should be commanding an appropriate fee considering he still has two years on his contract. If he was into his last year, I'd agree with you.

Edited by 4everfox

9 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

Did anyone else see Barnes cry after Fulham away? Caught it on my totally legit stream.

I think he has a good solid group of lads around the place that he likes and they are not ones expected to go like Thomas, KDH, Hamza. And I think unlike some he genuinely cares.

I don't know, considering we have zero wide players without Barnes and Maresca is probably playing a 433 so we would want 3 over a 46 games season, and considering the English tax, I'd hold out for a very large fee fo Barnes as we may not necessarily need to sell and I'm not Confident he would want to. I can see him going for £30m if we decide to bank it.

The fact that he’s quite reserved and shy leads people to question if he cares which is just ridiculous. 

He’s a good lad and absolutely not one I will take any joy in seeing leave.  He should be playing top flight football and will be an instant starter at any of the clubs he’s been linked to so far.  But I really hope we are willing to dig our heels in and keep him until january if a suitable offer doesn’t materialize 

• Like 1

I see Spurs have apparently made a joint offer for Barnes and Maddison way below our valuation. This time we may have to compromise or risk Spurs or Newcastle walking away and leaving us with two unhappy players and limited funds for our own targets. My estimation is we need £60 million to start a rebuild with decent players . This time last year , we could reasonably have asked for £90 million for the pair but £70 million is more likely now.