Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I see Spurs have apparently made a joint offer for Barnes and Maddison way below our valuation. This time we may have to compromise or risk Spurs or Newcastle walking away and leaving us with two unhappy players and limited funds for our own targets. My estimation is we need £60 million to start a rebuild with decent players . This time last year , we could reasonably have asked for £90 million for the pair but £70 million is more likely now.

They ain't doves they don't come as a pair, 70 is 35m each are you having a laugh?

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

If that's his level how is he with a club thats in the Championship? You make no Sense. 

So because Ward played in the prem does that make him Premier level level as well?

Your level is your current club surely. 

Your first two sentences make opposing arguments, Barnes can't be premier level because we are in the championship, but Ward isn't premier level, despite starting in the prem.

My view is that Barnes is prem level and will get a transfer to a mid-level prem team and Ward will be lucky to go on a free to the National League.

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I see Spurs have apparently made a joint offer for Barnes and Maddison way below our valuation. This time we may have to compromise or risk Spurs or Newcastle walking away and leaving us with two unhappy players and limited funds for our own targets. My estimation is we need £60 million to start a rebuild with decent players . This time last year , we could reasonably have asked for £90 million for the pair but £70 million is more likely now.

There are no bids to consider right now. Guess work by the media.

Nothing in it at all..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I see Spurs have apparently made a joint offer for Barnes and Maddison way below our valuation.

Nah it was a load of bollocks apparently according to Simon Jordan who knows Daniel Levy. Says that they’re interested but that story had been made up from the media.

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

He is not a 50m winger now we are in the Championship I fear 

And can we afford to fund the necessary rebuild of the first team without selling Barnes. Maybe, but probably not.

The worst thing we can do is to wait until late in the window and then sell, leaving little time to replace him.

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

30 million is what you pay for a winger who has performed well enough in the Championship to be worth the gamble. Barnes isn't a gamble, he has proven himself as a Premier League standard player so we should be commanding an appropriate fee considering he still has two years on his contract. If he was into his last year, I'd agree with you.

Maybe there are examples of a champ’s winger going north of 30m, but cannot recall it - how much was Bowen I wonder, Sarr didn’t go for the 40m Watford wanted I think?  :dunno:

43 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Watford demanded £40m for Sarr? Barnes is better 

As mentioned above - how is that going for them ?

28 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

apparently they didn’t but it seems they are definitely interested in Barnes 

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

If it’s a joint offer, couldn’t we sell Barnes for 65 million for Barnes and 5 million for Maddison to reduce the Norwich sell on percentage.

9 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

If it’s a joint offer, couldn’t we sell Barnes for 65 million for Barnes and 5 million for Maddison to reduce the Norwich sell on percentage.

Nah the offer would be reviewed for fair value so it wouldn't be allowed, as it would be a clear attempt to avoid that

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

If that's his level how is he with a club thats in the Championship? You make no Sense. 

So because Ward played in the prem does that make him Premier level level as well?

Your level is your current club surely. 

Ward has played in a World Cup, Barnes hasn’t - so what does that tell you good sir? 

18 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Nah the offer would be reviewed for fair value so it wouldn't be allowed, as it would be a clear attempt to avoid that

tbf the sell on clause will only be on transfer profits, so we could sell him for £25m pay Norwich a small fee and easily avoid a fair value review.

3 hours ago, Buzzell said:

Best finisher at the club last season? Have you just made that up?

Of the strikers it's the case. There's edge cases like Papy Mendy and Soyuncu outperforming xG by more because they basically never shoot, but only Barnes and Maddison out performed him and neither of those are central strikers

Screenshot_20230618-204617.thumb.png.3682c4bdda4f9b3d17fedce3b05c5bbd.png

1 minute ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Bottom end of that plus a few million in addons would be my guess

Keep dreaming. 

They have 1 year and 2 years on their contracts and buying teams know we would ideally like to get them off the books. 

Anything north of 60m would be a great deal. 

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Of the strikers it's the case. There's edge cases like Papy Mendy and Soyuncu outperforming xG by more because they basically never shoot, but only Barnes and Maddison out performed him and neither of those are central strikers

Screenshot_20230618-204617.thumb.png.3682c4bdda4f9b3d17fedce3b05c5bbd.png

Fair enough but I don’t follow that. Let’s hope he gets the chance next season to show what he can do then aye.

Keep dreaming. 

They have 1 year and 2 years on their contracts and buying teams know we would ideally like to get them off the books. 

What is life without dreams! :D

Edited by Merchant_Banker
Missing quote

Just now, themightyfin said:

Keep dreaming. 

Happy to agree to disagree on this one and sure you know more about the inner workings than I do but I don’t see it - 50m for Maddison is where we will be shooting and at least 30m for barnes - 80m for the 2 - can’t see us taking less for either transfer - said it before - we will be happy to sell but we aren’t skint and won’t be mugged off - we have no history of that at all and I don’t see it now - just my opinion obviously 

Just now, jv1 said:

Happy to agree to disagree on this one and sure you know more about the inner workings than I do but I don’t see it - 50m for Maddison is where we will be shooting and at least 30m for barnes - 80m for the 2 - can’t see us taking less for either transfer - said it before - we will be happy to sell but we aren’t skint and won’t be mugged off - we have no history of that at all and I don’t see it now - just my opinion obviously 

We ain't getting £50m for Maddison with 1 year left on his contract when clubs know he can walk for nothing in 12 months time.

We offered Youri for 25 and there were no takers. 

Maddisons stock is higher granted but not £50m worth. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

And can we afford to fund the necessary rebuild of the first team without selling Barnes. Maybe, but probably not.

The worst thing we can do is to wait until late in the window and then sell, leaving little time to replace him.

You can't sell someone early in the window if there are no bids or nobody wants to buy!

With the odd exception for example, Levy always likes to string things out to the very last minute to try and get the best deal, you can't blame him I suppose, it's business. 

We are in a buyer's market now and they know it, so unless Newcastle suddenly come in with a reasonable bid now for example (and why wouldn't they wait too), this could be a long protracted transfer market. We either sell really cheap or wait and see who blinks first. Meanwhile those clubs might find better cheaper options.

We're sitting ducks and we can't even blame the board for this one, the sharks are merely circling the dead body.

21 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...in that scenario, we would not be paying Norwich a bean and I suspect it would still be reviewed!!!

Nah not with one year on his contract. Also we would paying a percentage on the £3m profit.