Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/05/2023 at 15:16, Poznan34 said:

If he was a true Leicester boy he'd take the pay cut and pull us back up next season. Instead he's already got his move sorted. Shame. 

I would love to see this happen as I suspect Maresca is just the kind of coach to sort him out and put him back on an upward path, but realistically I see no way we're going to hold onto him.  It  will be interesting to see which way his progress will go depending on which club, and coach, he ends up with.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I would love to see this happen as I suspect Maresca is just the kind of coach to sort him out and put him back on an upward path, but realistically I see no way we're going to hold onto him.  It  will be interesting to see which way his progress will go depending on which club, and coach, he ends up with.

he scored more non penalty goals than saka last year, he's on a fine path we are the ones who are shite

if he goes to another team and they add another string to his bow other than the 1-2 pass; he is a 18-20 goal a season winger in the prem

• Like 1

Just now, Paninistickers said:

I cannot see this at all. There's zero chance. We need the money and the lad is, at times, a wonderful player. 

Well, if what has been said is true we don’t need the money. We are spending regardless. If a swift response back to the premier league is desired, then they will try and hold on to a couple of those players….. we will start to see the plan unfold over the next week or so. 

Just now, Pliskin said:

Well, if what has been said is true we don’t need the money. We are spending regardless. If a swift response back to the premier league is desired, then they will try and hold on to a couple of those players….. we will start to see the plan unfold over the next week or so. 

What’s been said? It’s hard to keep up with what’s actually going on at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’ve got a sneaking suspicion he might stay……

Have seen this suggested a few times now, ITK or just speculation? 

Personally I think we’re better taking the money and reinvesting. Although he or Kelechi would tear up the Championship, and give us the best chance of coming straight back up. 

1 minute ago, Foxes96 said:

Have seen this suggested a few times now, ITK or just speculation? 

Personally I think we’re better taking the money and reinvesting. Although he or Kelechi would tear up the Championship, and give us the best chance of coming straight back up. 

The two sentences of your second paragraph completely contradict each other.

8 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

What’s been said? It’s hard to keep up with what’s actually going on at the moment. 

Exactly. Where's this 'spend spend spend' rumour come from? 

I'm going on the basis it's more FT wishful thinking, similar to the farcical 'Cambiasso as assistant' excitement last week. 

I can't see any other logical scenario than us needing to raise 100m+ quid in revenues 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

I think we’re better taking the money and reinvesting.

Depends doesn't it. 

If we can get back to the Premier League without selling him and his plan is to stay long term if we do, we obviously keep him. He's a 50/60m winger if not more and we've struggled to recruit any for years. 

Only the accountants know whether we can afford to keep him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Exactly. Where's this 'spend spend spend' rumour come from? 

I'm going on the basis it's more FT wishful thinking, similar to the farcical 'Cambiasso as assistant' excitement last week. 

I can't see any other logical scenario than us needing to raise 100m+ quid in revenues 

To be fair I wasn’t disagreeing. I have absolutely no idea what’s going on at the moment because the rumours seem to swing one way to the other day to day. 

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Lots of player I would sell before Barnes.

Would still look to play him down the middle 

If we manage to persuade Barnes and Iheanacho to stay and make a few astute buys in other positions, we’ll win the Championship next season.

• Like 3

As usual it will be about money and not just his transfer value , he is never going to accept a massive cut in his salary. relegation clause or not.  It is not possible for the club to make an exception for him so leaving is the most probable outcome.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

He should have a year on loan abroad somewhere (Spain/Italy/France), toughen up and come back when we're back in the PL. 

He's got 2 years left on his deal and we aren't in a position to expect him to sign a new one. That would be a pretty pointless route to take.

The reason selling him will be of real temptation to the club, not just because he'll only have a year left next summer, is that as an academy player, his transfer fee will be pure profit and all booked to the accounts. In fact Maddison will as well as he's been here 5 years. The potential £80m is huge in that regard.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

As usual it will be about money and not just his transfer value , he is never going to accept a massive cut in his salary. relegation clause or not.  It is not possible for the club to make an exception for him so leaving is the most probable outcome.

My thoughts exactly.

It will be gutting to see Barnes go as our track record on buying wingers is horrendous but hopefully Enzo/Glover and co realise that our wide men that have excelled (Mahrez to a lesser extent) have all had pace.

Lloyd Dyer was so one dimensional and obviously didn’t play for us in the PL but his contribution in the Championship/League One often get glossed over.

Even if we play Man City lite football, the lack of pace we’ve had going forward the past couple of years definitely contributed to our recent woes.

8 minutes ago, Lionator said:

He should have a year on loan abroad somewhere (Spain/Italy/France), toughen up and come back when we're back in the PL. 

So we don’t get to keep him in the team but we also don’t receive a transfer fee for him to spend? Mmmm…🤔

On 27/05/2023 at 15:16, Poznan34 said:

If he was a true Leicester boy he'd take the pay cut and pull us back up next season. Instead he's already got his move sorted. Shame. 

I mean that’s just a daft statement isn’t it? Lineker was a true Leicester boy but took the opportunity to go to Everton for the sake of his career. Didn’t mean he loved Leicester any less. People seem to think you have to be Matt LeTissier if you’re a local or came up through the youth system. 

• Like 1