Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

19 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Barnes needs to work out what it is that he is good at, and work to build on it!!!

At the moment he is still unsure of himself on the pitch, after all this time, he still has doubts about himself and frankly, I do not think he knows himself at all. Like Chilwell, there are aspects of his game that he needs to work on, but he is waiting for it to happen naturally, our his coach to realise and show him as opposed to going and working on himself.

We would never have bought Lookman to usurp Barnes, it would still leave us having a player playing out of position. A price tag of £10m for Tete would be a good deal, although some might view it to be excessive due to what we have seen so far.

Tete playing one - touch two touch football is what he needs to be concentrating on, the longer he holds on to the ball, the likelihood he runs into blind alleys, and any movement by the forwards are negated as they will then look to get back "on-side" as any pass made to them would find them offside. His mindset should really be on "supply" as opposed to a wide attacker. Cutting inside with wild swings at the ball, makes him look poor, placement is what you need, not trying to knock the skin off the ball.

We will not have the funds to spend £10m on any player in the summer when we get relegated sadly mate, let alone an uninspired Tete.

I hate being so repetitive but our financial situation genuinely worries me as let’s say Barnes does get sold in the summer, the buying club holds all the cards knowing about our dire financial situation.

If we stayed up, Barnes could have gone for decent money but reckon £30m if (when) we go down.

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

Of all the players in our squad, I find him the most frustrating. We all know he's got the talent. But he is by far the least intelligent footballer we have. Just makes stupid decisions. That coupled with his seemingly uninterested way of half hearted tackles and tracking back. 

Is it his fault or how he has been “coached”?

38 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Is it his fault or how he has been “coached”?

There are some things that the manager can be blamed with. Laziness and stupidity is not one in my opinion. I think it's more to do with the contract and money he's been given at a relatively young age. Thinks he is far better than he really is. Again that's my opinion and based on what I see and nothing else. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

We will not have the funds to spend £10m on any player in the summer when we get relegated sadly mate, let alone an uninspired Tete.

I hate being so repetitive but our financial situation genuinely worries me as let’s say Barnes does get sold in the summer, the buying club holds all the cards knowing about our dire financial situation.

If we stayed up, Barnes could have gone for decent money but reckon £30m if (when) we go down.

...I  think you will find that there will be much more money than you think!!!

Factor in player sales and the drop in wages from the bill,  I believe you will see more available than you think. 

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  think you will find that there will be much more money than you think!!!

Factor in player sales and the drop in wages from the bill,  I believe you will see more available than you think. 

Hope you are correct but that tracks differently to how many see it including likes of Kieran Maguire . Telegraph and mail articles fairly bleak.

24 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Cos saying it'll all be fine doesn't really make much of a story. 

But they aren’t saying the same for Southampton.

I think we’re being ignorant to think we’re not going to really, really struggle financially.

As I previously said, buying clubs hold the ace in terms of negotiation too as will know our predicament and we’ll have to take quite a few hits for certain players - we’re the club that didn’t think Torino offered enough for a bit part Praet and still to this day don’t know what happened with Soumare last summer either, he was out of the door at one stage.

Looking like a massive waste of potential. Had so much more to his game a few seasons ago but he's basically become a poacher. What happened to that raw pace and power that meant he could bully defenders...

On 14/05/2023 at 14:29, SafewayFox said:

we’re the club that didn’t think Torino offered enough for a bit part Praet and still to this day don’t know what happened with Soumare last summer either, he was out of the door at one stage.

...pretty obvious,  we were not getting anyone out the door, therefore couldn't bring anyone in!!!

We had to go with our existing squad members in this situation. 

It’s the slightly disappointed face and little standing jump style thing he does when he loses the ball that irritates me most about him.

So much talent in there but he’s just not got the bottle when it matters. Not enough self belief. A stronger Manager might bring him out of himself more as he definitely has the ability. My 65 year old, retired accountant Father shouted ‘get off Barnes, you pussy!’ when he left the field against Liverpool. It was a shock, but also hard to disagree with him! 

51 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...pretty obvious,  we were not getting anyone out the door, therefore couldn't bring anyone in!!!

We had to go with our existing squad members in this situation. 

Wasn’t there news that Monaco bid £17m for soumare that we were going to accept and then at the last minute changed our minds and kept him? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, brendanmcgovern1988 said:

Wow, some very negative thoughts on here. 

He's playing in a team with some players who dont give a f*** and people expect him to change games on his own. 

I agree he can be frustrating, but changes in formations and tactics adapting to the dire situation the clubs in doesnt make him despisasable.

Very harsh! 

3 years ago in a confident team challenging for Europe, people were saying he should play for england. This is his best goalscoring season to date. 

And yes, he should've had more but some comments are embarrassing. 

People apply that to Maddison so why not Barnes too?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hamilton Fox said:

Wasn’t there news that Monaco bid £17m for soumare that we were going to accept and then at the last minute changed our minds and kept him? 

...the Monaco bid fell short of our club's expectations, and we would have had to take a £2m "haircut" in order to offload him.

I would love to see him play under Howe he will bring the best out of him and will play him to his strenghts, like he did with Joelinton, Willock and the others plus they are more attacking team than likes of Villa where he would be tasked to work his bum without the ball or will be second fiddle to Ramsey, Bailey and Cutinho.