Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

1 hour ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Keep dreaming. 

They have 1 year and 2 years on their contracts and buying teams know we would ideally like to get them off the books. 

Anything north of 60m would be a great deal. 

What is life without dreams! :D

Death 👀 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyC74 said:

Didn’t the Geordies offer 40m in January? Unless there is an auction with the Spuds we are goin to struggle to get north of that now.

Hope I am wrong as we need every penny.

We need to get promoted more than we need to sell Madders or Barnes. I'd be more than happy for JM to go for free next season if he gets us promoted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

We will get somewhere between £80-£100 million for Barnes and Maddison. Obviously the club are hoping for close to £100 million. 

Not a hope in hell of getting more than £70 million I fear and even that's pushing it.

Once again people seem to forget the short contract and the fact we must sell.

6 hours ago, themightyfin said:

We ain't getting £50m for Maddison with 1 year left on his contract when clubs know he can walk for nothing in 12 months time.

We offered Youri for 25 and there were no takers. 

Maddisons stock is higher granted but not £50m worth. 

The difference being Youri was happy to wait, whereas Madders is definitely moving this summer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

The difference being Youri was happy to wait, whereas Madders is definitely moving this summer.

I don't understand your point? 

The fact he has 12 months left leaves us extremely vulnerable to him being pocked off dirt cheap . 

Leiceeter can not afford to let another contact run down so they have no option to take what they can. 

If clubs would not meet 25m for Youri. They certainly ain't going north of. 40-50 for Maddison.

It makes no difference if he wants out or not we still hold Zero cards in the negotiation.  

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

I don't understand your point? 

The fact he has 12 months left leaves us extremely vulnerable to him being pocked off dirt cheap . 

Leiceeter can not afford to let another contact run down so they have no option to take what they can. 

If clubs would not meet 25m for Youri. They certainly ain't going north of. 40-50 for Maddison.

It makes no difference if he wants out or not we still hold Zero cards in the negotiation.  

My point being they knew they could wait for Youri and sign him for free so 25M seemed expensive.  This is not the case for Maddison - he will go this summer as he is not going to play in the Championship and stay in the England squad.  Also as there are multiple interested clubs they know they have to have a bid accepted to be in the game.  So not no cards at all, as unlike Youri, the player is pushing for a move now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

You can't sell someone early in the window if there are no bids or nobody wants to buy!

With the odd exception for example, Levy always likes to string things out to the very last minute to try and get the best deal, you can't blame him I suppose, it's business. 

We are in a buyer's market now and they know it, so unless Newcastle suddenly come in with a reasonable bid now for example (and why wouldn't they wait too), this could be a long protracted transfer market. We either sell really cheap or wait and see who blinks first. Meanwhile those clubs might find better cheaper options.

We're sitting ducks and we can't even blame the board for this one, the sharks are merely circling the dead body.

Agreed. Maybe Top needs to front up some early transfer funding so we can start bringing in players and hope to sell later in the window.

or, and perhaps more likely, we have to wait a few weeks before we see any meaningful business and there is a late rush of deals.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

My point being they knew they could wait for Youri and sign him for free so 25M seemed expensive.  This is not the case for Maddison - he will go this summer as he is not going to play in the Championship and stay in the England squad.  Also as there are multiple interested clubs they know they have to have a bid accepted to be in the game.  So not no cards at all, as unlike Youri, the player is pushing for a move now.

This - Maddison is very much wanted by multiple teams - getting him out of here for 50m is chump change to these bigger teams - spurs are desperate and Newcastle need reinforcements for champions league - iv seen a couple of posts now making it out we have to take whatever we can get for Maddison now and basically accept a lot less than he’s worth - I don’t go with that at all - he wants out , teams want him but we won’t be shafted - we don’t have any history of that at all - if he had more than 1 year left it would be 70m for him - no way he goes for less than 40 - I am a firm believer we will get 50m - the teams after him won’t want to wait another year for him - they want him now - does the Maddison money dictate what we do incoming this summer ? I don’t think so- we aren’t desperate for the cash - our position isn’t as strong as with barnes contract obviously but Maddison is still under contract here and we won’t take 25 or 30 that iv seen banded about - absolutely no chance - maybe I’ll be proven wrong but I 💯 think we get 50m for him - watch this space I guess - as for barnes - I’m pretty sure his price will be 35-40m and we will see if there are any serious takers - if not he will be great for us next year 

Edited by jv1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, jv1 said:

This - Maddison is very much wanted by multiple teams - getting him out of here for 50m is chump change to these bigger teams - spurs are desperate and Newcastle need reinforcements for champions league - iv seen a couple of posts now making it out we have to take whatever we can get for Maddison now and basically accept a lot less than he’s worth - I don’t go with that at all - he wants out , teams want him but we won’t be shafted - we don’t have any history of that at all - if he had more than 1 year left it would be 70m for him - no way he goes for less than 40 - I am a firm believer we will get 50m - the teams after him won’t want to wait another year for him - they want him now - does the Maddison money dictate what we do incoming this summer ? I don’t think so- we aren’t desperate for the cash - our position isn’t as strong as with barnes contract obviously but Maddison is still under contract here and we won’t take 25 or 30 that iv seen banded about - absolutely no chance - maybe I’ll be proven wrong but I 💯 think we get 50m for him - watch this space I guess - as for barnes - I’m pretty sure his price will be 35-40m and we will see if there are any serious takers - if not he will be great for us next year 

Players’ contracts generally include pay drop in the event of relegation , the quid pro quo would be the right to leave at a pre agreed fee which is unlikely to be market value 

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

£30m for Maddison with a year left though and £50m for Barnes wouldn't be unreasonable. Then we're paying 15% on £5m profit, which is £750k.

Lovely

£100m for the 3 of them including castagne and lets get on with the rebuild

Question then comes onto how many of Ricardo, Justin, Faes, Ndidi, Soumare, Kel and Daka stay or go- there is another £80m odd there if most of them go-  you would think the new gaffer would want as many of these sorted out as quickly as possible so he knows if we need 3 new incomings or potentially 8- really is a huge few weeks coming up- difficulty comes if they stick around hoping someone comes in for them last minute and it screws up how many we need in

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Say what you like, he scores and assists at a rate that's in the upper echelons of the very best wingers in the league. He's not as polished or as dangerous when he's not scoring or assisting as some but to be successful in the PL, you need goalscorers and that's why he'll have plenty of suitors.

Yep thats pretty much it- his and maddisons numbers are very good - there is no getting away from it- even if those of us that watch them every game probably think their numbers are way better than their actual performances and influence on a game-the pair of them have given us plenty over the last 3 or 4 years- they wont be playing in the championship next year- get every penny for them that we can and re invest wisely

10 hours ago, J. James said:

Not a hope in hell of getting more than £70 million I fear and even that's pushing it.

Once again people seem to forget the short contract and the fact we must sell.

I would bite your arm off for 70

if it is a combined deal for both, i expect we'll settle for about 60

• Like 1

Barnes is one of the Premier League's top players. He had a near career-ending injury which took him almost 2 years to recover and overcome. He lost prime learning years as a result. With the right coaching and players around him he'll be back in the England squad. Wouldn't be surprised to see him make it into the Euro 2024 campaign at some point. Club & fans should be proud of him, local boy done good.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

I hope those looking to buy Barnes use the same optician as the media and pundits, who created the myth around him and our ex elite manager.

Great lad and best of luck to him. Ironically he is good championship standard but we need to cash in

This is a joke I presume.

1 hour ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

I hope those looking to buy Barnes use the same optician as the media and pundits, who created the myth around him and our ex elite manager.

Great lad and best of luck to him. Ironically he is good championship standard but we need to cash in

Oh imagine my shock you're in here crying about Barnes again. Makes a change to you crying about Lineker or Starmer on Twitter I guess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Say what you like, he scores and assists at a rate that's in the upper echelons of the very best wingers in the Prem. He's not as polished or as dangerous when he's not scoring or assisting as some but to be successful in the PL, you need goalscorers and that's why he'll have plenty of suitors.

Exactly. The scenes on here will be interesting when we replace him with a guy who's tricky and can take on a defender but gets 4 assists and 1 goal in a full Championship season.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

I don’t understand this? His stats literally show that he is a good premier league winger. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I don’t understand this? His stats literally show that he is a good premier league winger. 

Without getting too hipster I think he's an elite Inside forward but a very poor winger.

Would be much better suited to a front 3 without having to rely on tracking back and beating his man as much. 

4 hours ago, ParkerPen said:

I would bite your arm off for 70

if it is a combined deal for both, i expect we'll settle for about 60

I was reading an article about the relative values of the playing squads in the Championship a while ago and, with the exception of the relegated Premier League sides, £70m would buy the whole of each squad. 

6 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Say what you like, he scores and assists at a rate that's in the upper echelons of the very best wingers in the Prem. He's not as polished or as dangerous when he's not scoring or assisting as some but to be successful in the PL, you need goalscorers and that's why he'll have plenty of suitors.

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

image.png.3ed2d13fa9ba49ce6265a6791c654985.png

• Like 2