Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

World Football Thread 19/20

26 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Peru beat Chile 3-0 in COPA America semis to set up a final against Brazil. Surprise with Chile having won the last two tournaments, obviously underestimated the Peruvian side

Yeah, I was surprised when I saw that result. 

I'll have to check out the final.

Sunday will be a busy day of football!

45 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Peru beat Chile 3-0 in COPA America semis to set up a final against Brazil. Surprise with Chile having won the last two tournaments, obviously underestimated the Peruvian side

Chile aren't that great these days. Peru are up and coming and seem a better team. 

Manchester City's Gabriel Jesus scored once, assisted another goal, was sent off and pushed over the VAR monitor as Brazil won a first Copa America title in 12 years, beating Peru 3-1.

_107784375_gabrieljesus.jpg

The VAR monitor bore the brunt of Gabriel Jesus's anger when he was sent off

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48897389

27 minutes ago, davieG said:

Manchester City's Gabriel Jesus scored once, assisted another goal, was sent off and pushed over the VAR monitor as Brazil won a first Copa America title in 12 years, beating Peru 3-1.

_107784375_gabrieljesus.jpg

The VAR monitor bore the brunt of Gabriel Jesus's anger when he was sent off

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48897389

In regards to VAR, I guess we'll put Gabriel down as a "no" lol

Be very interesting to see what happens next. 

Barca squad allegedly went to the board asking them not to buy him, don't like it. Even more so given they're nearly all still friends with Neymar and wanted him back. 

Cannot for the life of me imagine they'll sign both. Presumably leaves Neymar stranded at PSG? 

Front three of Griezmann, Messi and Suarez with Coutinho likely to leave? 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Be very interesting to see what happens next. 

Barca squad allegedly went to the board asking them not to buy him, don't like it. Even more so given they're nearly all still friends with Neymar and wanted him back. 

Cannot for the life of me imagine they'll sign both. Presumably leaves Neymar stranded at PSG? 

Front three of Griezmann, Messi and Suarez with Coutinho likely to leave? 

This could get tasty

image.png.2171c97d38c8a8b07d15898216447922.png

Cleveland SC just beat Detroit City 2-2 (3-2) in a thriller to win the NPSL Midwest Region playoffs.  Our guys came back from 2-0 down, despite playing 120’ in 90-degree heat twice in 48 hours.  Doesn’t that make your day?!   :)

On to the national semis!  (Against “bigger” clubs that, like Detroit City, are moving toward all-professional.)  I hope the cost of travel isn’t bankrupting -- 3 years ago, the prior Cleveland club won it all, then folded within a year. 

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Betis signing Fekir for 20m apparently, the bloke must have knees made of spaghetti for them to get him for that price 

Spaghetti is pretty bendy and elastic. 

His knees are reported to be made of Blue Riband biscuits. 

A great football man,a top character,and probably over a 20 year period,one of, if not the best manager in European & world football,takes a massive step back ,and goes into retirement...

Bayern's very own Uli Hoeness..!!

I am a also a BVB,and since my youth followed German football. I never liked

Bayern,like many had a love-hate-respect ,in direction Hoeness.

But it must be said, for his club,and for

German football he gave everything.

A top manager,top descisions and organisation,where few others never knew what that meant. Great also support for the German national team.

Oh yes,he was all Bayern & German football..the bloke couldn't half grind, and wind many people up.but he was

bloody successfull,people listened,and

Like I said in all the vocabulary that covers "football manager" he was the best.....