Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

COMPETITION: Guess when we will make our first signing of the window

I'm looking at the transfer market and seeing how ridiculous it is this season with the rich Prem/european clubs offering a lot of money and then being told that they'll need to offer twice as much to get the player and I think that it is going to be a very long, frustrating and boring window for every supporter ending in some stupid deals and a lot of missed deals on transfer deadline day, spoiling the start of the season.

Maybe it's time to scrap the deadline day again - it worked well for a while but teams have now destroyed it. 

52 minutes ago, FIF said:

I'm looking at the transfer market and seeing how ridiculous it is this season with the rich Prem/european clubs offering a lot of money and then being told that they'll need to offer twice as much to get the player and I think that it is going to be a very long, frustrating and boring window for every supporter ending in some stupid deals and a lot of missed deals on transfer deadline day, spoiling the start of the season.

Maybe it's time to scrap the deadline day again - it worked well for a while but teams have now destroyed it. 

It certainly is becoming harder for Prem clubs to do business without paying exorbitant fees, couple that with our window now shutting 3 weeks before the rest of Europe and it's a joke. I get that the ridiculous wealth our clubs have from the TV deals which means we are paying a premium but it is now making it a hindrance, would rather not have it and be able to compete more fairly at getting players. There's no way those players Dortmund have bought and sold this summer would have gone for the same prices if it was Prem clubs doing the same business.

• Like 1

On 06/06/2019 at 16:20, Mark said:

Name the specific date when you think we will make our first signing.
In the event that more than one person names the winning date I will put those together and pick one at random

Winner will get a small prize.

So all you need to do is post a specific date, for example “6th June”.

02/07/2019 @ 14:35 ??

On 06/06/2019 at 16:39, fox766 said:

28th June

On 06/06/2019 at 16:45, HankMarvin said:

ITK included?

June 28th

On 06/06/2019 at 16:46, ultrafox said:

28th June

On 06/06/2019 at 17:27, copunk said:

28th june

On 07/06/2019 at 06:31, Haywood_6 said:

28th June

Good guessing all. I put you all together and drew one name at random and got @fox766

The FT mug is yours if you want it :D

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

Good guessing all. I put you all together and drew one name at random and got @fox766

Was thinking earlier i thought i put the 28th? delighted i got it right, maybe will get the prize next time 

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Yes bloody please :D

I never normally win anything!!!

Edited by fox766