Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Callum McGregor

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Celtic currently getting mugged off trying to sign 19 year old Turnbull, lets go sign McGregor from them and Turnbull from Motherwell to really rub it in

We could have him in our development squad.. He'd benefit from playing in a much higher standard of football compared to the SPL. 

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Dont want any scottish shite, that was O'Neill's era

We've had some great Scottish players in my time supporting Leicester.  Not one that I can think of during O'Neill's time though (don't say Elliott).

Pretty good going to be wrong twice in one sentence.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, murphy said:

We've had some great Scottish players in my time supporting Leicester.  Not one that I can think of during O'Neill's time though (don't say Elliott).

Spring chicken ..........we’ve had some greet Scots in my time .......

We need to move past the mindset of "we have a creative MF if we keep Youri, why do we need another one?"  If we want to push the big 6, we need both depth and options.  A guy like McGregor is a nice fit in both terms.  You need guys who give you cover, and a squad of guys who give the manager different ways to construct a plan of attack.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

This I reckon was what Brendan was on about when he said he was looking to acquire a midfielder who could come on and change a game and offer something different than what we have. (Mendy, Ndidi, Hamza presumably) 

21 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

We need to move past the mindset of "we have a creative MF if we keep Youri, why do we need another one?"  If we want to push the bix 6, we need both depth and options.  A guy like McGregor is a nice fit in both terms.  You need guys who give you cover, and a squad of guys who give the manager different ways to construct a plan of attack.

In an ideal world Tielemans and another midfielder would be great.  In the real world we have a transfer budget so buying cover means that we have less to spend on other priorities such as striker and winger.

13 hours ago, murphy said:

Think you're forgetting Scott Taylor. 

William Wallace. He was a great Scott. Relative of Jock I think you’ll find - great going forward but lacking in defence. Eventually just got torn apart by the better side. Shame really, showed a lot of early promise. 

11 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

That bloke needs certifying lol such a hypocrite when him and fellow so called pundits trot out ' X, Y & Z needs to be at a bigger club/standard to improve their game' I wish he would understand the gulf between the Pub League and the EPL.