Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Callum McGregor

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

Tbh I really can’t take to Sutton as a pundit but your like his mirror image on here in the other direction. Pure pantomime.

Celtic Chat needs people like you. There are a lot of comedians on there. BTW This is a Leicester City Forum.

3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I like the idea of buying him and loaning him immediately to Rangers.

Our regular Celtic guest has taken very badly to this suggestion:ph34r:.  

4 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Great article. I really want to see this guy in a Leicester shirt and playing for Brendan again. Think some here will be really surprised by his talent.

Know I was by the way Celtic fans treated him when I first started following Celtic. Celtic back in training in a couple weeks? We'll know then.

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

Personally, I like the fact that FT has regular posters from other clubs.  It gives us an insight into their clubs and a completely different perspective on our own.  As long as they treat the club with some respect as it is an LC forum, as you say, but that cuts both ways and that respect has to be a two way street.  Frankly, some posters that take every opportunity to try to belittle a giant club like Celtic and perpetuate some kind of feud because we took BR embarrass me.

@henrik_62 doesn't need me to fight his corner, but looking at the numbers, he is a more popular poster than most here.

Look Pal if you as an individual respond to a post, the original poster has the right to respond. It is a forum that was we all do. If fans of other Clubs come on this Forum to complain and take objection to comments or views made about their Club. Then do not come on here and spend more time on your Club's forum !   

Yes of course it is indeed great that fans of other Clubs come on here and share views, but hopefully they can take banter and do not take life too seriously.

43 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Could he be a back up to Maddison 

The one great thing about signing any Celtic players is BR will know exactly what he's buying and no surprises. I remember Roy Keane saying in his autobiography that he signed a player for Sunderland and on the first day of training he heard the noise of the football when the player kicked it and knew he would be crap. 

Assuming we sign Tielemans and keep Maddison then we can play any two from three as the No8's. We could also play Maddison out wide in some games and have all three on the pitch. 

@henrik_62 will correct me if I'm wrong but McGregor can also play as the holding MF and I've a feeling that BR is not Ndidi's biggest fan. Whilst he appreciates his defensive contribution he's not keen on him as a baller. Maybe against lesser teams at home we could see McGregor playing CDM with Tielemans and Maddison ahead of him. All in all he sounds like he would be a huge addition to the squad as genuine quality and a few ways to get him into the team.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

I’m on a Celtic forum already and tbh everyone on here seems to be absolutely fine with me posting apart from you and your tiresome, ill informed, relentless digs at anything Celtic or Scottish football related. As said you sound like a mirror image of Sutton.

Scotland have football?

39 minutes ago, Gerard said:

The one great thing about signing any Celtic players is BR will know exactly what he's buying and no surprises. I remember Roy Keane saying in his autobiography that he signed a player for Sunderland and on the first day of training he heard the noise of the football when the player kicked it and knew he would be crap. 

Assuming we sign Tielemans and keep Maddison then we can play any two from three as the No8's. We could also play Maddison out wide in some games and have all three on the pitch. 

@henrik_62 will correct me if I'm wrong but McGregor can also play as the holding MF and I've a feeling that BR is not Ndidi's biggest fan. Whilst he appreciates his defensive contribution he's not keen on him as a baller. Maybe against lesser teams at home we could see McGregor playing CDM with Tielemans and Maddison ahead of him. All in all he sounds like he would be a huge addition to the squad as genuine quality and a few ways to get him into the team.

Yeah exactly right he can play holding midfield as effectively as the attacking midfield position. In fact he played in the deeper role for Celtic for the majority of last season, which explains why he scored a lot less goals than the season before where he was used primarily further forward.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SO1 said:

Great article. I really want to see this guy in a Leicester shirt and playing for Brendan again. Think some here will be really surprised by his talent.

Know I was by the way Celtic fans treated him when I first started following Celtic. Celtic back in training in a couple weeks? We'll know then.

We’re back this morning but I reckon McGregor may have another week off as he only just finished up last week after playing in the Scotland game which was his 69th match of the season.

20 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

We’re back this morning but I reckon McGregor may have another week off as he only just finished up last week after playing in the Scotland game which was his 69th match of the season.

I imagine he'd be relieved he wouldn't have to play 60+ games until his second season with us 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

As a Fox living in Glasgow the constant "banter" about Scottish football becomes tiresone even to me as an Englishman.  It just makes us sound a little, what's the word, simple?  X

It makes us sound a little bit "little"

• Like 1