Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

6 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

I agree as nobody we’ve signed at age of 20 is for the u23s has actually made it first team. Iversen probably going to be the closest? Not sure when/where we got leahabala from? Then we got Barnes chilwell choudary who all been in academy a few year from early ages! I wonder what the thought process is! 

Thought process?

People have to justify their jobs....

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Josh Knight back at Peterborough for the season on loan

Good news for Josh.

Along with Moore leaving and the potential Amartey departure, I guess this means that either Maguire is staying, we're buying someone experienced or Brendan thinks Soyuncu, Benko, Evans and Wes are up to the task.

BTW had to laugh at all the posts criticising our defeats in pre-season after last year's early posts (and the previous season) where people were criticising us winning with "older" players.

You can't have it both ways guys. Our young guys are going to lose a lot more often.

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Josh Knight back at Peterborough for the season on loan

They had tried to sign him permanently earlier in the summer for £1m but we obviously rejected it. I'd have hoped he'd get a move to the Championship, likewise Pascanu. We have signed several defenders for the U23's this summer anyway so i'd loan Knight, Pascanu, Hughes and Johnson out if possible.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Great news. He was getting the Iheanacho treatment on this forum.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They had tried to sign him permanently earlier in the summer for £1m but we obviously rejected it. I'd have hoped he'd get a move to the Championship, likewise Pascanu. We have signed several defenders for the U23's this summer anyway so i'd loan Knight, Pascanu, Hughes and Johnson out if possible.

He's worth so much more than £1m. We're right not to sell him. He looks great. Any first team football is good for him. He can shine.

What has happened to Darnell? I haven't heard or seen anything of him?

On 29/07/2019 at 20:35, jeffschlupp said:

I think it's pretty clear. Pick up players at the age of 20-21 that won't make it, they fill the U23 squad so we stay competitive enough for Beaglehole to stay in a job.

That allows the proper prospects to go out on loan for actual experience.

There are many makeweights in all academy and development squads.

Choudhury, Chilwell and Barnes must be worth about 100 million.  They will have played with many who didn't have a hope but were the best available at the time.

• Like 1

Because I cyberstalk, I wanted to see if they had removed Maguire from the First Team on the website.

Geez, they list a lot of the u23's as First Team players! I know a lot of these guys were invited to pre-season training, and a couple played in pre-season friendlys (and a few more on the bench). But they didn't used to be listed as first teamers on the website.

https://www.lcfc.com/teams/first-team

Dewsbury-Hall Feature Begins LCFC TV's U23s Live Coverage
LCFC TV
Published 22 mins ago
1 MinuteReading time
LCFC TV's live and free coverage of the Club's Development Squad continues this Monday with an exclusive interview with Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall being followed by Leicester City's league opener.
The Foxes' youngsters head to Haig Avenue to tackle Premier League 2 Division 1 champions Everton on Monday evening (7pm BST kick-off).

Once again, the LCFC TV cameras will follow City's Under-23s up and down the country this season, providing completely free and detailed live coverage.

Following Extra-Time on LCFC Radio on Monday evening, focus shifts to Merseyside, where presenter Nick Walsh is to be joined by former Fox, Sean St Ledger.

LIVE SNIPPET Video published 31 mins ago Video duration 01:25

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1304213/dewsbury-hall-feature-begins-lcfc-tvs-u23s-live-coverage

Dewsbury-Hall Stars On U23s Live Ahead Of PL2 Opener
Watch a preview from LCFC TV's U23s Live Show, which airs from 6:45pm BST on Monday night.

The pre-match show, which begins at 6:45pm BST, will include an exclusive feature with Dewsbury-Hall, who captained the Foxes in Hong Kong in May.

Senior Professional Development Phase Coach Steve Beaglehole, meanwhile, will also join the LCFC TV team pre-match to discuss the fixture.

I can't believe we've only loaned out Iversen, Knight, Loft and Ndukwu.

I've had a look, and currently on the books we have Darnell, Pascanu, Dewsbury-Hall, Johansson, Clark, Eppiah, Hirst, Muskwe, Uche, Hughes and Thomas who are all 20 and over, with Uche being 21 and Hughes and Thomas being 22.

I might be wrong, but I feel like most clubs don't tend to have a contingent of 11 players 20 and over just in the unders?

Edited by The_Rorab

4 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

I can't believe we've only loaned out Iversen, Knight, Loft and Ndukwu.

I've had a look, and currently on the books we have Darnell, Pascanu, Dewsbury-Hall, Johansson, Clark, Eppiah, Hirst, Muskwe, Uche, Hughes and Thomas who are all 20 and over, with Uche being 21 and Hughes and Thomas being 22.

I might be wrong, but I feel like most clubs don't tend to have a contingent of 11 players 20 and over just in the unders?

Darnell seems to be on walkabout. But the League 1&2 window doesn't close for two weeks. Scotland, too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Darnell seems to be on walkabout. But the League 1&2 window doesn't close for two weeks. Scotland, too.

Ahhh right, I'd assumed it was over the same as the transfer window, that makes more sense then!

I'd really hope at least some portion of those players go out on loan - I don't see how they'd improve just playing U23 football unless Brendan was actually intending to play some of them - which given our depth in most areas, I doubt.