Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

1 minute ago, FIF said:

I think some of you wouldn't be happy whatever the setup was. Then again most of the FT posters seem to be unhappy with the first team setup most of the time too. You can't expect many academy players to ever make it into a top 9 prem team. 

We seem to be doing a pretty good job.

That's a lovely way of looking at it without actually scratching the surface. I come back to the fact we are building one of the best training grounds in Europe with the intention of stealing a march on our competitors in giving players the platform to improve here better than elsewhere and yet we have an academy where it's likely to impact significantly that has remained unchanged for years and years. There's plenty that can be done to continue to improve at all levels within this club and we should try to do so.

17 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Still no sign of George Hirst...………...

He'll hopefully be available for Friday (v. Brighton) according to Ben Petty, right at the end of this interview:

https://www.lcfc.com/tv/1318846/citys-youngsters-developing-well-says-petty

Edited by norwichfox
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Shane said:

Any chance for an Ughelumba cameo against Newcastle? Been training with the first team 

Only watched the second half of the last u23 and he looked good, clearly better than his teammates except for probably Regeba, but he looked a little rough around the edges. I reckon he'd benefit from a league one/two loan and the loan window closes on the second. I reckon we'll see him tonight again in the hope he gains a league one/two suitor.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Only watched the second half of the last u23 and he looked good, clearly better than his teammates except for probably Regeba, but he looked a little rough around the edges. I reckon he'd benefit from a league one/two loan and the loan window closes on the second. I reckon we'll see him tonight again in the hope he gains a league one/two suitor.

He's certainly looked promising for a while now, as you say there's surely a lower league club that could benefit from having him on loan. We could then get Luke Thomas more involved, we already have this Mitch Clark who looks equal comfortable playing left or right back and Daley-Campbell at right back from Arsenal. There's a couple of other youngsters coming through too such as Dennis Gyamfi who can play full back as can Darnell and Pascanu.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

He's certainly looked promising for a while now, as you say there's surely a lower league club that could benefit from having him on loan. We could then get Luke Thomas more involved, we already have this Mitch Clark who looks equal comfortable playing left or right back and Daley-Campbell at right back from Arsenal. There's a couple of other youngsters coming through too such as Dennis Gyamfi who can play full back as can Darnell and Pascanu.

Really liked the look of Gyamfi at the Hong Kong 7s. Clark and Campbell didn't look so great last match but then Blackburn's winger looked proper good and it was Campbell's first game.

I reckon these next two games will be putting some of the lads in the shop window for a loan.

• Like 1

I know Regbha and Muskwe are probably Beaglehole's dream strikeforce but they're just too similar for me. I've seen Muskwe a few times in these games and I'm not sure what he offers, he's gangly, awkward and doesn't score goals, basically Ryan Loft with a fancy name. We should to be looking to play with a different type of forward with Regbha.

...so far all our opponents are more technically gifted than our players!!

We do not win our tackles even when they are 60/40 in our favour. We no longer look to break quickly when we do get possession and it seems clear that we are focused on the passing game to build from the back.

Would like to see Thomas upfront playing with Regbha and perhaps Tavares coming into midfield to orchestrate the play. I know Regbha has gone off but the balance in midfield and upfront is wrong.

Needs an overhaul starting with the manager.

Need to release players earlier who don’t show enough at this level or at least challenge them with a loan, there’s a few out there tonight

And this buying older lower league players idea has failed

• Like 1

Have to agree with others, the whole set up needs a drastic overhaul, starting with some of the coaches. To my mind only the keeper (bar his v poor clearance leading to their second goal) and Leshabela show the necessary levels. I’m excluding Hirst and Benkovic as they’re getting up to speed, fitness wise. As for the rest, can’t see any of them getting anywhere near first team levels which is surely the aim!

Who decides on the recruitment? Loft last season? Seriously, who thought this bloke had the potential to do something at our place? The mind boggles!

• Like 1

Usually defend the U23's but they seem way off the required standard these days. The keeper seems to be the only one up to it. Brendan won't be happy with this type of football and can see changes ahead if this continues.