Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

20 hours ago, davieG said:

For a start PL2 teams are not just from the PL they include some Championship Teams, for every PL2 team that is allowed into L1/L2 a current L1/L2 would have to be relegated, 

Currently there are 24 PL2 teams if they all take up a place in L2  24 teams would have to go and what's to stop all of the PL and Championship teams, made up of 20+24 having a team in the lower leagues. Even just the 24 PL2 teams would totally defeat the object of this idea as they'd end up just playing each other

Frankly the whole idea seems daft and does nothing to benefit the teams in L1 and L2.

the suggestion I had before came with the introduction of League 3, which is where the B teams would start with several National league teams making up the rest and all 5 league consist of 20 teams, obviously B teams wouldn't take part in cup games.

I doubt every club would want a B team either, mainly the Big 6 clubs and maybe someone like us would be interested

Edited by Jimmy

Got Wolves away tonight. 

We haven't won since February and that was 16 games a go!

It just seems odd that the development staff have not been held accountable at all.

This can't be good for player confidence if it's left to continue. 

Absolute shambles. 

Just now, Collymore said:

Got Wolves away tonight. 

We haven't won since February and that was 16 games a go!

It just seems odd that the development staff have not been held accountable at all.

This can't be good for player confidence if it's left to continue. 

Absolute shambles. 

Everyone was complaining when we were winning and playing older players. Now we're playing the 19/20 year olds and losing and they're still complaining. I would like a win, however. This is the last match before the league one and two transfer window closes. I expected some of the older players to still be in the shop window. Luke Thomas will likely still be on the bench.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1328363/lcfcs-academy-a-fertile-ground-for-rising-stars

LCFC's Academy: A Fertile Ground For Rising Stars

Published 15 mins ago

Leicester City's first team squad is currently populated by three Academy graduates - Ben Chilwell, Hamza Choudhury and Harvey Barnes - all of whom are England internationals at various levels.

Interested to know what style of football we are playing. More Beaglehole or more Rodgers?

Losses mean nothing to me if we are learning to play out from the back etc.

7 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Please give Ughelumba a loan :(

I don't he's being denied a loan. We must want to play Luke Thomas at left back, under 18 England captain. I think we're trying to get interest from league one clubs for Ughelumba. The match after this, after the transfer window closes, will be very interesting to see if we start playing Thomas instead of Ughelumba at left back.

Edited by Foxxed

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Everyone was complaining when we were winning and playing older players. Now we're playing the 19/20 year olds and losing and they're still complaining. I would like a win, however. This is the last match before the league one and two transfer window closes. I expected some of the older players to still be in the shop window. Luke Thomas will likely still be on the bench.

I don't think the average age has actually gone down since last year? The introduction of U18 players happened at the back end of last season and were on the receiving end of some hammerings after Knight and Johnson went on loan too. However, the majority of those U18's have since dropped back down to that level or have only been on the bench so far for the U23's. There's currently a transitional phase it looks like, but there doesn't appear to be any obvious plan. We have signed 6 new U23 players varying in age, ability and experience and still have some players in there that appear to be wasting their careers like George Thomas.

Hopefully they can pick up a couple of wins and give them all a boost in confidence, it's certainly not all about results but you fear that's what Beaglehole prioritises. The style of football, the coaching and the ethos seems somewhat outdated for a club with as lofty ambitions as we have. I'd love to have the opportunity to ask some serious questions about our academy to those in charge and more importantly Jon Rudkin who's still heavily influential in the operation of it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SO1 said:

Interested to know what style of football we are playing. More Beaglehole or more Rodgers?

Losses mean nothing to me if we are learning to play out from the back etc.

... appear to be caught between two styles!! 

Attempting to play from the back but poor and box themselves in with unnecessary passing. Players are geared for a pressing game but do not commit as unsure what they are doing. 

I think Rodgers' has had some input as seen with the loans and attempt at new style. 

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Disappointing, looked to be one of our more exciting youngsters

Let's be honest he had to leave to stand a chance of a career. What concerns me is we've let the star of the u21's championships go and replaced him with another random 20 year old this time from Wexford who are bottom of the Irish 2nd division with the worst goals against lol

4 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Let's be honest he had to leave to stand a chance of a career. What concerns me is we've let the star of the u21's championships go and replaced him with another random 20 year old this time from Wexford who are bottom of the Irish 2nd division with the worst goals against lol

But but but the academy can't be bad because we have three graduates in the first team!!!! Beaglehole has to go.

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... appear to be caught between two styles!! 

Attempting to play from the back but poor and box themselves in with unnecessary passing. Players are geared for a pressing game but do not commit as unsure what they are doing. 

I think Rodgers' has had some input as seen with the loans and attempt at new style. 

Thank You. Sadly it sounds like the losses will continue until they can master that phase of the game. Have to start somewhere.

We should just be glad that the first team isn't starting from scratch playing out from the back.

Can't tell you the sick feeling I had in my stomach watching Celtic and Liverpool master it. Confidence and calm when they did was a nice feeling.

I'm sure it added years back onto my life from the trauma I witnessed.

A number of good displays so far. Love the high press and the forward passing.

Hughes at the back winning everything. No-one having a poor game at the mo.