Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Disappointing, looked to be one of our more exciting youngsters

I didn't see anything good from him in a leicester shirt, much prefer Knight, Hughes and at times Johnson. Only good performances I've seen from him were in U21 champs for Romania, and even then any defender can look good in a 5 at the back for very defence minded counter attacking side

2 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

First time ever looking at live feed....half time interval and surprised to see Sean St Ledger doing punditry......Thought he’d left the club ages ago....Does he have a role now with the club ?

He works for the club TV

I missed that but it's nice to see a victory. Hirst looks tidy from what I saw. I really hope Ughelumba's exclusion from the squad is because there's a loan lined up. Did Luke Thomas play well? What about the rest?

45 minutes ago, Collymore said:

How can Hirst have been so bad at Leuven? He looked quality.

... Hirst plays like an old style centre forward, good work rate and puts himself about. Great lay off for Muskwe goal. Great to watch someone who seems to look to impress. 

Luke Thomas looks good going forward and has skills to penetrate in the final third. Unfortunately his defensive skills let's him down and finds himself in the wrong position too often. Saying all that, we might just have another left back coming off the conveyor belt who could go all the way!! 

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... Hirst plays like an old style centre forward, good work rate and puts himself about. Great lay off for Muskwe goal. Great to watch someone who seems to look to impress. 

Luke Thomas looks good going forward and has skills to penetrate in the final third. Unfortunately his defensive skills let's him down and finds himself in the wrong position too often. Saying all that, we might just have another left back coming off the conveyor belt who could go all the way!! 

Funnily enough with you saying that about Luke Thomas, the season preview in fourfourtwo on City asks the fan giving the preview a question as to which youngster people should be looking out for.  The answer was Luke Thomas so he must have some potential!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Sorry for my ignorance but has Luke Thomas been at the club from very young or did we sign him from someone. Struggling to find info . 

I think from a young age. I think he has represented England at a very young age, but not to be confused with the lad Cov has on loan from Derby last year, who also had the same name 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Collymore said:

How can Hirst have been so bad at Leuven? He looked quality.

Send a young kid you a different country, a league he has never played in and other players speaking a different language and it will take time to bed in. Bring him back to a country and level he is familiar with and you may start to see him unlock his potential.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I was impressed with his dribbling and passing going forward, not sure if it was wolves system doubling up out wide that was causing him issues, or it's a side of his game he has to work on, but I think he could be a very good prospect.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Send a young kid you a different country, a league he has never played in and other players speaking a different language and it will take time to bed in. Bring him back to a country and level he is familiar with and you may start to see him unlock his potential.

They said he relied on his physically and when he started playing with adults he was found out. They also blamed Pearson. At one point he played Hirst out wide iirc. I'm not sure what I think but he definitely looks an exciting prospect, one of our best strikers, albeit after two games.

• Like 1

Our strikers looked fine but in reality it was great passing from the midfield that made us look class. The defenders all did their jobs very well. Sam Hughes should easily get a spot on a championship team so hoping that a league 1 comes in for a loan this week. When he decides the ball in the air is his, it's almost always his. He has more potential than Maguire at 21.