Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Luke Thomas is already better at crossing than Chilwell...

He's had an excellent first half, So has Ughelumba at CB and George Thomas in midfield. Hirst could have had 4 rather than 2. Hard to believe these are top of the league, we've been far better than them;

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Luke Thomas is already better at crossing than Chilwell...

Annoyed I keep missing him play. He'll surely get a loan come Christmas with his background. I'm looking forward to following his development.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Annoyed I keep missing him play. He'll surely get a loan come Christmas with his background. I'm looking forward to following his development.

Very good for 17, exactly the pedigree of Leicester youth player that despite our tendencies to not fast track players will easily move up levels due to his quality. 

Callum Wright is the sort who could do with a loan move too, really looking stronger after a year with us.

Outplaying us the second half. And the goal to go with it. We've got to step up our midfield push.

Muskwe has been a big disappointment in this game.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Rate Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall.

At 21 though what happens to him? I think he needs to play professional mens footie every week now.

Stood off too far and gave away what would have been a great win.

Dewsbury-hall was no more than okay again.

Captain Thomas was our best midfielder. Defenders played well. attackers? Hirst was good but should have got at least 3. Muskwe and Shade were pretty disappointing. Shade has a great physique and looked good last year but maybe he's getting used to his new body.

Just now, FIF said:

Captain Thomas was our best midfielder. Defenders played well. attackers? Hirst was good but should have got at least 3. Muskwe and Shade were pretty disappointing. Shade has a great physique and looked good last year but maybe he's getting used to his new body.

I also think Regbha is much better as a number 9 but due to having Hirst he is now playing wide right and I hope it doesn't stunt his progression. It's clear he's got the raw ingredients of a player who could go all the way but as he's not come through years of elite coaching he needs to be handled in the right way.

In other news the U18's drew 4-4 (having been 4-1 down); Connor Barrett; Terrell Pennant (Barrett assist); Will Russ (Dempsey Arlott-John assist) and Shane Fynn with the goals

United side included the sons of Phil Neville, Robbie Savage & Richie Wellens

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, FIF said:

Isn't that Luke Thomas who stands off to allow the cross?

1 minute ago, LCFC1996 said:

In other news the U18's drew 4-4 (having been 4-1 down); Connor Barrett; Terrell Pennant (Barrett assist); Will Russ (Dempsey Arlott-John assist) and Shane Fynn with the goals

Sounds like the weirdest and possibly ugliest 3 way imaginable.

• Haha 2

.. really impressed with Hirst again!! 

Reghba seems to have gone backwards in his time here. His game makes him look like a cart horse and a once intelligent player seems to have dissappeared. 

Once again we sat back and stopped the effective press allowing their defence to pick out a player in the midfield splitting us apart. We panicked giving the ball away when we just needed to breathe, we made them look good in the second half. 

29 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. really impressed with Hirst again!! 

Reghba seems to have gone backwards in his time here. His game makes him look like a cart horse and a once intelligent player seems to have dissappeared. 

Once again we sat back and stopped the effective press allowing their defence to pick out a player in the midfield splitting us apart. We panicked giving the ball away when we just needed to breathe, we made them look good in the second half. 

He's been here 2 months!!! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

He's been here 2 months!!! 

.. that's what I mean!! 

He looks poor and I can only think it is because of his association with the U23s coaching. 

He looked good on his first stint with us and looked very good when he came on a permanent move. 

I am struggling to understand the upside of time spent in the U23s and the coaching received. 

1 hour ago, LCFC1996 said:

Good to see Pennant on the scoresheet again. Already matched his goal tally from last year. Could be the season he lives up to his potential 

2 hours ago, Shane said:

Good to see Pennant on the scoresheet again. Already matched his goal tally from last year. Could be the season he lives up to his potential 

Him and Fitzhugh are left footed wingers which there's a definite gap in both the U23's and first team. The pathway is there if they are good enough and some faith is shown in them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. that's what I mean!! 

He looks poor and I can only think it is because of his association with the U23s coaching. 

He looked good on his first stint with us and looked very good when he came on a permanent move. 

I am struggling to understand the upside of time spent in the U23s and the coaching received. 

You seem like a very patient person! 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Him and Fitzhugh are left footed wingers which there's a definite gap in both the U23's and first team. The pathway is there if they are good enough and some faith is shown in them.

It's only defensive players who have developed in the u23s. I'm thinking Hamza and Knight. If Pennant and Arlott-John are doing well in the u18 I'd keep them there, hopefully get an England callup and then fast-tracked rather than sit them in the u23s with a coach who mostly benefits defensive players.

• Like 2