Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

Line-up: Johansson; Clark, Johnson, Benković, L. Thomas; G. Thomas (c), Dewsbury-Hall; Shade, Muskwe, Wright; Hirst.

EHKSpsCX4AI1s_N?format=jpg&name=small

v Chelsea KO 6.45 live on LCFC TV

27 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Ughelumba has been fcked over. Should get a loan in January. One of Hirst/Reghba should as well, the team isn't big enough for both of them

Hirst surely can't be best served in U23 football, this level is a piece of piss for him. A good League One team in January would be ideal, Peterborough

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Hirst surely can't be best served in U23 football, this level is a piece of piss for him. A good League One team in January would be ideal, Peterborough

Hopefully the spell in u23 football has built his confidence back up a bit, and used to get some attention in the leagues. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

How was he so poor in Belgium last year? Surely the standard of that league is League 2 at best?

I must admit he does look good this season so far, looks like he's got an air of confidence about him too.  May be it's the players around him he's better suited too??? 

I have to admit that I expected Ndukwu to have done better for Southend and that move looks like a car crash so far by looking at their results. 

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

How was he so poor in Belgium last year? Surely the standard of that league is League 2 at best?

I must admit he does look good this season so far, looks like he's got an air of confidence about him too.  May be it's the players around him he's better suited too??? 

I have to admit that I expected Ndukwu to have done better for Southend and that move looks like a car crash so far by looking at their results. 

I guess it's a combination of confidence, Pearson not managing him very well, and possibly some alienation from everybody else in Belgium. 

3 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Looks to have been a poorly chosen move as they're really struggling.  Would almost look at recalling him as it's gone that badly 

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

....the present situation does not suit him!!

He is not a physical player and not someone who roles his sleeve up to support his team. The situation and what is called for at Southend does not lend itself to players of is ilk and a player like George Thomas would be more suitable as he is more robust, intelligent and has very good leadership qualities. Players such as Reghba would thrive in this environment due to there mentality which makes Ndukwu secondment requiring an immediate revision.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....the present situation does not suit him!!

He is not a physical player and not someone who roles his sleeve up to support his team. The situation and what is called for at Southend does not lend itself to players of is ilk and a player like George Thomas would be more suitable as he is more robust, intelligent and has very good leadership qualities. Players such as Reghba would thrive in this environment due to there mentality which makes Ndukwu secondment requiring an immediate revision.

I've not seen him play at Southend but this seems likely. In the u23s he was the skillful creative outlet after the grunt work was done, a tiny and less skillful version of the role players like Mahrez can enjoy (the comparison skillwise is crazy of course).

It's annoying because in the right team he'd be awesome but tbh few if any teams are going to put a u23 straight in as their creative outlet. Barnes was given a similar creative position without tracking back or doing huge amounts of grunt work at first, of course, but then Barnes was an England intentional with better stats who always looked a better prospect even in the u23s.

• Like 1

...Southend are in total disarray!!!

They are desperate for some kind of leadership and players with the metal to fight for their survival. It is a toxic situation at present at the club and it would be difficult for less senior players to assert themselves and contribute to their cause. Their is much loyalty to their owner and he is viewed as someone who wants the best for the club but his decisions in respect of managers he has appointed has not benefited their club.

I wonder who in the u23s we'll see break through next. I'd go for Knight to get some championship experience, enter the first team squad as a utility player then start for us once there's space for a box to box midfielder. Luke Thomas to get a loan come Christmas, stay in the England squads and become our left back in two years. To early to say about Hirst and Regba for me. And Ughelumba and Clark have outside chances. Benk is a bit of a mystery to me tbh. And I've not seen enough of the u18s.