Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

14 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I think it is to be honest. Look at Sheiff - looked good but is now on the bench in league one. Ndukwu - was an unused sub in the last match in league one. Loft - soso in the u23s and now on the bench in league two.

Only the players who have consistently stood out in the u23s - Chilwell, Barnes, Hamza eventually - have been good enough for league one. And you have to question is league two or the u23s is better for player development.

Only the best, and u18 England internationals, will be sure of a league one loan with any speed. Is Arlott John an England international? If not he may be better getting the best training and that may be in the u18s.

I mean it's not quite as big a jump for some, if they are already performing very well at U18's when 16-17 and then make an impact at U23 level quite quickly then they need to be out on loan soon after if they haven't yet caught the eye of the first team which is very rare between the ages of 16-18.

Just now, The People's Hero said:

Can we continue the chat about Connor Tee in here? I though he was massively rated.

Few comments Beaglehole just doesn't fancy him at all as he's not big enough? That's bizarre if true if he has the talent.

Won academy player of the year but has barely been trusted in the U23's. Beaglehole likened him to Paul Scholes though to further confuse matters. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Won academy player of the year but has barely been trusted in the U23's. Beaglehole likened him to Paul Scholes though to further confuse matters. 

I don't remember Paul Scholes sitting on the bench for Academy sides a huge amount.

Feels like this one could haunt us because from clips he looks a very natural footballer and finisher.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I don't remember Paul Scholes sitting on the bench for Academy sides a huge amount.

Feels like this one could haunt us because from clips he looks a very natural footballer and finisher.

I've decided to be appalled about this. I might go a bit Thracian - Sheehan/Porter about this.

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

He's not yet 23 and/or a brick shithouse so his name ain't down and he ain't coming in. First rule of Beaglehole Club

How did Hirst miss that after great build up play?

Callum Wright looks like he's added some height and weight this year. better for it I think;

Edited by Guest
to maximise number of posts