Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

26 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I wonder who in the u23s we'll see break through next. I'd go for Knight to get some championship experience, enter the first team squad as a utility player then start for us once there's space for a box to box midfielder. Luke Thomas to get a loan come Christmas, stay in the England squads and become our left back in two years. To early to say about Hirst and Regba for me. And Ughelumba and Clark have outside chances. Benk is a bit of a mystery to me tbh. And I've not seen enough of the u18s.

For Under 18s I guess Terrell Pennant, Oli Ewing and Sidnei Tavares.  As you seem to know your young players, always wondered who is in their Under 16s?

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

I wonder who in the u23s we'll see break through next. I'd go for Knight to get some championship experience, enter the first team squad as a utility player then start for us once there's space for a box to box midfielder. Luke Thomas to get a loan come Christmas, stay in the England squads and become our left back in two years. To early to say about Hirst and Regba for me. And Ughelumba and Clark have outside chances. Benk is a bit of a mystery to me tbh. And I've not seen enough of the u18s.

Assuming Mendy leaves at the end of the season, we will have space in the squad for a creative CM back up to Tielemans/Maddison/Praet. Leshabela could fulfill that role.

I think Knights next step in his development is a season loan in the championship. After that he may work his way into our squad as a utility player.

Beyond those 2, I think we’ll be waiting a while before the next break through, most likely Tavares & Pennant imo. 

Having said that, Brendan likes a small senior squad. If we’re in Europe, he may utilise the youth in cup games like Liverpool do. They have 23 senior players and started 5 u23s against MK Dons. If we go down a similar route, we may get a few surprises.

Edited by Shane

3 hours ago, LCFC1996 said:

Kasey McAteer x2 (Also missed a penalty) and Connor Barrett with the goals for the U18's, Pennant & Gyamfi with an assist each

I only saw him play briefly but I really like Gyamfi. Played well and seemed a nice chap in an interview I watched.

• Like 3

How To Secure Your Tickets For Southampton U23s Clash

TICKETS

Published 20 hrs 25 mins ago

1 MinuteReading time

Leicester City supporters wishing to attend the Development Squad's fixture against Southampton at Holmes Park on Friday night can buy tickets on the night.

- Leicester City's Development Squad entertain Southampton at Holmes Park on Friday (7pm kick-off)
- The Foxes go into the clash after winning at Tottenham Hotspur last time around
- Tickets are priced at just £3 for Adults and £1 for Concessions and will be on sale on the night

The Foxes entertain the Saints in Whetstone following last week's 2-0 win over Tottenham Hotspur at Lamex Stadium in Premier League 2 Division 1.

Tickets will be available to buy on the gate from 5:30pm at Holmes Park, priced at £3 for Adults and £1 for Concessions, ahead of the 7pm kick-off.

DEVELOPMENT SQUAD Video published 18 Oct 19 Video duration 03:10

Goals: Tottenham Hotspur U23s 0 Leicester City U23s 2

Enjoy both of the goals which helped Leicester City's Development Squad secure their second Premier League 2 Division 1 victory of the season.

Please note, due to the clash in date with City's first team fixture at St. Mary's Stadium, live LCFC TV coverage is unfortunately not available for this match.

A full match round-up, player reaction and extended highlights will be posted to LCFC.com shortly afterwards.

All times BST.

On 19/10/2019 at 03:47, Nicolo Barella said:

Would have to be a team with a shit striker, him playing out of position helps nobody. Sunderland maybe? 

The same Sunderland with Will Grigg, Chris Maguire and Marc Mcnulty 3 of the best strikers in league 1?  They only play one striker, he wouldnt get near that team. Sunderland might be a shambles but its not down to a lack of firepower. 

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

The same Sunderland with Will Grigg, Chris Maguire and Marc Mcnulty 3 of the best strikers in league 1?  They only play one striker, he wouldnt get near that team. Sunderland might be a shambles but its not down to a lack of firepower. 

I read some Sunderland fan complaining about their strikers, maybe Will Grigg is old or something. I don't know the point was to find a team with no good strikers.

21 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We are 8-0 up across the two games then with 45 mins to go.

Great to see Eppiah back in the goals

Fantastic goal too. Wins the ball back near the halfway line, dummies the defender to cut inside and hit it into the top corner.

Still one of our most talented prospects despite the injuries, hopefully he can find some form! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Great to see him back and scoring. I do think he has a chance in the top two divisions if he can stay fit, I think he'd be sniffing around our first team by now if he'd not had this horrific run of injuries. 

Definitely agree!  Fabulous player....great work rate, great awareness, quick, strong and holds the ball up well.......makes defenders lives very difficult!  Ironically, always been short of goals....but not recently! 

Career has been ravaged by injuries past 3-4 seasons. Hopefully can stay injury free from now and push on again as great potential

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Shane said:

Also important to remember Eppiah is being played out of position on the left. He will shine even more if given a chance at CF. 

Hopefully he continues to impress and gets a couple of early FA Cup round games, I know it might sound crazy but he could step up and be back up to Vardy and let Iheanacho go. Not sure we'd risk that with his injury problems just yet but I honestly think he will be good enough.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hopefully he continues to impress and gets a couple of early FA Cup round games, I know it might sound crazy but he could step up and be back up to Vardy and let Iheanacho go. Not sure we'd risk that with his injury problems just yet but I honestly think he will be good enough.

That is a huge shout.