Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tielemans

Guest SO1
39 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I have the same feeling. But it's not just a case of signing him, but the player also performing like he did last season again this.

Even if we get the player his stay will likely last 2 seasons maximum, but if those seasons are the ones where he embraces his potential and proves he can play for anyone then the ramifications are huge. The club's results and league positions should improve, and even after he leaves, Leicester should be seen as a much more attractive club. Other young potential superstars will see Leicester and want to "do a Tielemans" and be excited to join the club. It will literally take us up to the next level of competitiveness and club stature.

If we get him (and I believe we will), we will all be really excited. I think he will fulfil his potential here over those two seasons and though he won't be consistent week-to-week to begin with, I imagine that by the end of his stay he will be walking off with the MOTM award every game before going on to sign for one of the very elite clubs for a club record received fee.

The picture you've painted is one of absolute perfection. An engine running on all cylinders. If we can attain that then the skys the limit. I see Cups and Trophies.

And lots of tears from the big money clubs. The United's and M City's, no matter how hard they try, just cant get it together when it comes to player development.

Exciting to watch this club build and build.

1 minute ago, J.Lisemore said:

So Pérez is likely to cost £16m instead of the £30m reported? Bit of a difference lol 

It'll be £16m initially no doubt but the rest of the £14m will be based on meeting agreed targets or amount he plays etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

So Pérez is likely to cost £16m instead of the £30m reported? Bit of a difference lol 

In this market £30m frankly isn't totally unreasonable, but at the top end of his valuation. £16m seems like a total no brainer to be honest. 

• Like 2

£16m is better than £30m (obviously), but quite honestly I'm not worried either way. I think Newcastle are stuck in the pre Ashley days of what things cost and going rates. It's the top end of his valuation, but they all say with more creative support it breathed some more life into him (Stick Ricardo, Maddison and Tielemans around him and it's another ball game. And honestly when I watched him this season he stood out as a threat and would definitely improve our options going forwards

We've as much on players who have come from other leagues and flopped badly, so I'm comfortable with paying it for someone who regularly puts away 9/10 goals a season at a minimum. 

• Like 3

Just now, Babylon said:

£16m is better than £30m (obviously), but quite honestly I'm not worried either way. I think Newcastle are stuck in the pre Ashley days of what things cost and going rates. It's the top end of his valuation, but they all say with more creative support it breathed some more life into him (Stick Ricardo, Maddison and Tielemans around him and it's another ball game. And honestly when I watched him this season he stood out as a threat and would definitely improve our options going forwards

We've as much on players who have come from other leagues and flopped badly, so I'm comfortable with paying it for someone who regularly puts away 9/10 goals a season at a minimum. 

I'm not concerned for the pure reason that we are paying £30m due to his release clause and we haven't seemingly succeeded or even tried to get him cheaper. That to me says we have sufficient funds to buy the players we want and that's all i'm concerned about. It has no baring on the measurement of success, just because we may have got him for £16m or £30m, won't make one iota of difference to how many goals he scores or creates. Once Tielemans is in the bag as well, everything will just become a blur anyway as we are big time.

• Like 4

Think the Perez fee confusion is clouding the even bigger news of Tielemans!

What an absolute epic signing this will be. I think his price will double within a year after a full season in the Prem! 

He has got some worldies in him and the link up with Vardy will be a thing of beauty! BUZZZZZZZZING!! :scarf:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not concerned for the pure reason that we are paying £30m due to his release clause and we haven't seemingly succeeded or even tried to get him cheaper. That to me says we have sufficient funds to buy the players we want and that's all i'm concerned about. It has no baring on the measurement of success, just because we may have got him for £16m or £30m, won't make one iota of difference to how many goals he scores or creates. Once Tielemans is in the bag as well, everything will just become a blur anyway as we are big time.

I agree with you, though just to play Devil’s advocate, we also had the funds to buy all the players we wanted in 2016, and look how that turned out...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Think the Perez fee confusion is clouding the even bigger news of Tielemans!

What an absolute epic signing this will be. I think his price will double within a year after a full season in the Prem! 

He has got some worldies in him and the link up with Vardy will be a thing of beauty! BUZZZZZZZZING!! :scarf:

I'd have been fairly happy with him and nobody else to be honest, so if we get Tielemans and strengthen the squad in a few other areas then it's a result. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

In this market £30m frankly isn't totally unreasonable, but at the top end of his valuation. £16m seems like a total no brainer to be honest. 

Couldn’t agree more, absolute bargain at £16m though. Seems like someone that would flourish with a fresh start and an ambitious club , only 25 too. 

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I agree with you, though just to play Devil’s advocate, we also had the funds to buy all the players we wanted in 2016, and look how that turned out...

But the fee we paid for them didn't dictate whether they have done well for us or not have they? There's very little comfort to take from a player being crap for us if we only paid x amount for him, the real issue is why the player or a number of players have flopped. Under Macia's recruitment we have done above average and now we will see what happens under Congerton but Justin looks a shrewd buy, Tielemans is beyond words regardless of price if and when he signs and Perez is an established PL player who ticks a lot of boxes and is a key missing link to the skill set of players we need under Rodgers. Put it this way if we had a forward aged 25, score 13 goals and provide 2 assists last season and another PL club wanted him, the fee wouldn't be any cheaper than what we are getting him for. Respect the craft.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I'd have been fairly happy with him and nobody else to be honest, so if we get Tielemans and strengthen the squad in a few other areas then it's a result. 

I really thought at the end of last season, the likes of Man U, Spurs and Co would swoop in and we wouldn't realistically stand a chance, especially after he said only a few weeks ago about how he was surprised by the interest from some "big" clubs. I just think we are the right club at the right time and everything has lined up perfectly for us to get this done. Leicester City splashing £40million on a player... Let that sink in for a moment! How far we have come. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

Couldn’t agree more, absolute bargain at £16m though. Seems like someone that would flourish with a fresh start and an ambitious club , only 25 too. 

It is £30m after all I'm afraid. Definitely no bargain, but perhaps still a smart signing. 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

I really thought at the end of last season, the likes of Man U, Spurs and Co would swoop in and we wouldn't realistically stand a chance, especially after he said only a few weeks ago about how he was surprised by the interest from some "big" clubs. I just think we are the right club at the right time and everything has lined up perfectly for us to get this done. Leicester City splashing £40million on a player... Let that sink in for a moment! How far we have come. 

Brenda's spent more in 4 weeks at Leicester than he did in 4 years at Celtic. Ambition ?

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Puel actually got Tielemans here in the first place...

And made additions like Maddison.

I agree that Brendan is the better man to take us to the next level but there is no denying that Puel made some very good business for the club and set us up to be successful. Managing the team he built and his philosophy was probably the thing that limited his success.

If these signings come off then we must really aim to break Top 6, I will be disappointed if we don't give it a good go.

He did, although I really think that we would have struggled to get him here permanently with Puel still in charge. That's just my opinion though.

I do think the club itself is still the major pull for players but certainly helps to have good, ambitious owners, and a likeable Manager who plays good football. 

I still think we may just miss out on top 6 this season, just because players like Chilwell, Barnes, Tielemans and Maddison etc.. are still young and maturing and with that, you get inconsistencies and although I can see us having some excellent results, I still feel we may fall just short of 6th. In saying that though, teams like Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal could struggle next season and we may find ourselves right in the mix come the end of the season.   

Hoping to push Arsenal and Chelsea for 6th but would be content with 7th too. I just want to see us play good football and keep this young talented squad together for as long as possible, as I think we could really push the likes of Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea consistently if we hold onto this bunch and add wisely.