Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tielemans

15 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We've gone ****ing mental. Love it. Serious ambition being shown.

It is great!. But part of me is also a bit cautious! One of the major reasons I love the current version of Leicester City is because we are not a "money" team. We won the league with teamwork, which is what made it so incredible.

The owners have money but have rarely pushed the boat out to spend in th epast, trying to keep the club fairly self-sufficient. I guess the thinking being to make the club operationally tight and up to scratch, and getting the club stable in the Premier League before investing a serious sum. I feel like this is because they got burnt during their first few seasons when we had Sven-Goran Eriksson in charge and tried to spend out way out of the Championship. In the end what got us up was building a good team with great work ethic under Nigel Pearson instead of buying expensive mercenaries such as Matt Mills and Jermaine Beckford. So I think there has always been a money pot to use, but they've preferred to spend it on the infrastructure first before spending it on players, which is the mark of great owners IMO.

We have now been in the top league for 5 years, have a new training ground and stadium improvements on the way and have the core of an up and coming talented young team. So now might be the moment when the club feel like it's time to push. The owners have been known in the business world for being excellent long-term planners that stick to a strategy and execute it with dividends paying off long-term. One of the reasons why fans love our owners so much is that the same strategy appears to be working for the club too. Sure the league was a miracle and a total one-off, but the trajectory has always felt upwards, with lessons learnt and corrected along the way.

The commercial revenues of the top 6 clubs will make it very difficult to consistently get among those places, but I don't think it's unfair to say that from a purely operational perspective Leicester are run in a far superior fashion to Arsenal and Manchester United at present. Perhaps from a business standpoint the owners also feel like pushing now might mean displacing a team above us on a more permanent basis? Maybe that's why Top feels like NOW is the time to go for it properly.

This season certainly feels like one where one of Wolves, Leicester, Everton or West Ham will finish above one of Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea. It happened in 2015/16 when Chelsea had a real off season, so it's not completely beyond the realm of possibility to imagine one team stepping up this term.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It is great!. But part of me is also a bit cautious! One of the major reasons I love the current version of Leicester City is because we are not a "money" team. We won the league with teamwork, which is what made it so incredible.

The owners have money but have rarely pushed the boat out to spend in th epast, trying to keep the club fairly self-sufficient. I guess the thinking being to make the club operationally tight and up to scratch, and getting the club stable in the Premier League before investing a serious sum. I feel like this is because they got burnt during their first few seasons when we had Sven-Goran Eriksson in charge and tried to spend out way out of the Championship. In the end what got us up was building a good team with great work ethic under Nigel Pearson instead of buying expensive mercenaries such as Matt Mills and Jermaine Beckford. So I think there has always been a money pot to use, but they've preferred to spend it on the infrastructure first before spending it on players, which is the mark of great owners IMO.

We have now been in the top league for 5 years, have a new training ground and stadium improvements on the way and have the core of an up and coming talented young team. So now might be the moment when the club feel like it's time to push. The owners have been known in the business world for being excellent long-term planners that stick to a strategy and execute it with dividends paying off long-term. One of the reasons why fans love our owners so much is that the same strategy appears to be working for the club too. Sure the league was a miracle and a total one-off, but the trajectory has always felt upwards, with lessons learnt and corrected along the way.

The commercial revenues of the top 6 clubs will make it very difficult to consistently get among those places, but I don't think it's unfair to say that from a purely operational perspective Leicester are run in a far superior fashion to Arsenal and Manchester United at present. Perhaps from a business standpoint the owners also feel like pushing now might mean displacing a team above us on a more permanent basis? Maybe that's why Top feels like NOW is the time to go for it properly.

This season certainly feels like one where one of Wolves, Leicester, Everton or West Ham will finish above one of Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea. It happened in 2015/16 when Chelsea had a real off season, so it's not completely beyond the realm of possibility to imagine one team stepping up this term.

Its also the first time FFP Short Term Cost Controls have been relaxed, see this thread from @davieG

This allows much more flexibility in terms of wage budgets, far more significant than transfer fees

1 minute ago, foxpleasure said:

You're not looking carefully enough.

Hmm... It's making my eyes go funny now, I swear Krusty just blinked.

Nope.  Definitely just the one Bart.  This is a one Bart image.  A unibart picture only.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RoyFox said:

I’d take a guess at Maupay (was on Congertons leaked list at Celtic) and they let Kelechi go if this is the case.

I'd be quite happy with that, every time I've seen him play I've been very impressed. Plays as a lone front man, but great at holding onto the ball and linking up with others. And he hit over 25 goals last season.

The other link is that Tasmanian striker that plays in Belgium (Mbwanna Samatta), who also looked decent for similar reasons. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Alex Morgan please ?

Agree.  Fitter than a Butchers Dog.  Gerherrin and Rachel out.

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'd be quite happy with that, every time I've seen him play I've been very impressed. Plays as a lone front man, but great at holding onto the ball and linking up with others. And he hit over 25 goals last season.

The other link is that Tasmanian striker that plays in Belgium (Mbwanna Samatta), who also looked decent for similar reasons. 

I think you mean Tanzanian 

Would also be happy with Maupay 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, WestLothianFox said:

Everyone has moved south, fed up of the rain

Or watching Celtic in Austria and Switzerland.

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

WTF

She is a married and soon to reach Milf status.  Trade her in as a make-weight in the Harry deal.