Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tielemans

30 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Puel actually got Tielemans here in the first place...

And made additions like Maddison.

I agree that Brendan is the better man to take us to the next level but there is no denying that Puel made some very good business for the club and set us up to be BOOOOOOOORING. Managing the team he built and his philosophy was probably the thing that limited his success.

If these signings come off then we must really aim to break Top 6, I will be disappointed if we don't give it a good go.

Just now, Max Power said:

If we sign another forward would indicate Rodgers is looking at other systems like 3-5-2/4-diamond-2 surely 

Our only strikers are Slimani, Vardy and Iheanacho.

Considering Slimani is likely to move on, we seriously needed to bump up our options.

Vardy/Iheanacho/New Striker for the number 9 role is good depth.

Barnes/Gray/Albrighton/New Winger for the wings is decent depth.

Perez/Maddison/Tielemans is good depth for the number 10 role.

Be interesting to see who the striker is.

After seeing us go for an in form premier league player in Perez, wouldn’t be surprised to see us do the same for a striker...

Could be another unexpected but pleasantly surprising name! 

Just now, ToeKneeHandCock said:

Would that mean that Perez is being signed to play on the wing or would we target another winger? 

Surely not Youri AND Perez AND a new striker AND a winger??? Thats nearly half a new team!

Just now, ToeKneeHandCock said:

Would that mean that Perez is being signed to play on the wing or would we target another winger? 

Perez will be the inverted winger Rodgers wants (improvement on Gray).

The other forward will be to also support Vardy I'd imagine.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Surely not Youri AND Perez AND a new striker AND a winger??? Thats nearly half a new team!

Brendan has had a chance to assess. I imagine he doesn't think massively of our attack options - Gray, Albrighton and Barnes is very raw.

I'd say we need them 

Dont actually want a striker. Perez, Youri and JJ is great business for me. O ly add more if we can shift our high earner back ups now. Plus Vardy is a guaranteed starter and KI could work with a far more adventurous set of midfielders.