Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tielemans

52 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Would prefer we got rid of some of the garbage first tbh.

we are like the kid trying to throw chewing gum on the floor but there’s policemen everywhere 

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

OMG im so excited!!!!! might have to celebrate with a drink or 2 later!!! its like all my christmases have come at once!!!! i think this is probably the most excited ive ever been during a transfer window! im very optimistic for the new season!!!!! coyb!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There's probably another thread for this so I'll keep it brief.  

I honestly think this season the top 6 is reduced to a top 3, with Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd all looking like teams going through considerable transitions.  It opens the door a bit for someone else to sneak that 4th place.

We should have finished 7th last season.  With this level of investment and the talent throughout the squad, we should be disappointed with anything less than 6th.  This season is a good time to really go for it and it looks like that is our intention.

Let's get these transfers sorted out and then the season cannot start soon enough for me.

Oh and we're 300/1 to win the league but I won't waste a quid on that.

And 20/1 to be relegated. :jawdrop:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Clearly this has now been superseded with the Percy/Whitwell articles from today, but this was from Kristof yesterday. The last sentence is interesting, but he’s obviously decided he’d still like to come :blush:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11755542/romelu-lukaku-manchester-united-forward-wont-settle-for-second-choice-says-belgian-football-expert

"Leicester are still in pole position to sign him. The problem they have is that they didn't have an option to buy him, otherwise it would have been an easy deal.

"Monaco know he has performed well in the Premier League so they want at least £40m or £50m so Leicester are not, at the moment, willing to spend that money.

"If a club like Man Utd comes in where you can play European football, which is always very important for continental players, they can offer him that so he might rethink. He knows that Solskjaer rates him so he feels that the manager likes him.

"If I was him, I would say stay at Leicester because he's still young, he's 21 years old, you get that run of two years but then he might have the same difficulties as Harry Maguire. It's difficult to leave Leicester with the current owners so he's considering that too."

49 minutes ago, brucey said:

Clearly this has now been superseded with the Percy/Whitwell articles from today, but this was from Kristof yesterday. The last sentence is interesting, but he’s obviously decided he’d still like to come :blush:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11755542/romelu-lukaku-manchester-united-forward-wont-settle-for-second-choice-says-belgian-football-expert

"Leicester are still in pole position to sign him. The problem they have is that they didn't have an option to buy him, otherwise it would have been an easy deal.

"Monaco know he has performed well in the Premier League so they want at least £40m or £50m so Leicester are not, at the moment, willing to spend that money.

"If a club like Man Utd comes in where you can play European football, which is always very important for continental players, they can offer him that so he might rethink. He knows that Solskjaer rates him so he feels that the manager likes him.

"If I was him, I would say stay at Leicester because he's still young, he's 21 years old, you get that run of two years but then he might have the same difficulties as Harry Maguire. It's difficult to leave Leicester with the current owners so he's considering that too."

This last bit annoys me, just because the owners are not rolling over and showing their bellies because BIG Man Utd have put a bid in for Little Leicester's star defender.  Kante, Mahrez and Drinkwater all left once their valuation was met.  Not before.  I'm not too fussed about what Sky Sports say in any case, their big club bias is astounding with so many ex-players for Liverpool / Man U etc on their payroll.

And another thing... how do they know what either Tielemans or Maguire are thinking, and if Maguire actually wants to leave the club??  The latter is still on a well-deserved holiday...

I

1 hour ago, brucey said:

It's not really difficult is it, if you want to leave in lets say 3 years you sign a 3 year contract and when the 3 years is up you can leave and there's didly squat little Leicester can do, hell at that you'd probably be able to leave after 2 because Leicester would want to recoup the money. 

The media really do hate us getting one over on the mighty reds don't they.

The last conversations at club level are still ongoing, but Youri Tielemans knows where his future lies: he will also play at Leicester City next season. The Premier League club conducts the forcing and hopes to quickly capture the Red Devil (22).

Leicester City today completes the Ayoze Perez (Newcastle) transfer for nearly 35 million euros, but that record sum may not last long. A final agreement has not yet been reached, but at the English club they are happy to expect an even more expensive acquisition. Optimism is growing: Youri Tielemans will play longer in the King Power Stadium. The last talks with Monaco are still ongoing, but Leicester is making slow but steady progress. Until the signatures are there, the club doesn't want to confirm anything, but Leicester has known since January what it was about to pay for his mercenary: around 45 million euros. The Foxes pushed the hardest in recent months to finally win over Tielemans. Because no fixed amount was included in the lease, the club had to meet with Monaco again.

Tielemans (22) was also on Manchester United's list, but there was only an option when Paul Pogba left. At Tottenham he had not been a priority for a while. At Leicester, they felt that they were in pole position to finally capture the player, who left a strong impression in his first four months in the Premier League. That is why they pushed through the past weeks. With result. The player wanted to stay and Monaco also pushed for a solution - they no longer had room for our countryman. Now it is only waiting for the settlement, but in English broker circuits they call the deal virtually done. Virtually completed. At Leicester they don't want to go that far yet.

Tielemans himself enjoys his last days holiday. Monaco normally expects him to return next Monday, but the player himself hopes that he will not have to return to the Principality. Leicester makes every effort to fulfill that wish. 

• Like 1

Leicester are a team on the up, there is a real good feeling around the club and some real optimism after a couple of rough years on and off the pitch.  But, we aren't an elite level club and our young players will have their careers in the forefront of their minds.  If I put myself in their shoes, I'd be thinking that Leicester is a good place to be right now in the short term.  But long term? I want trophies and as much money as I can. Leicester are just not in a position at this time to take on the elite over the long term.

As we've seen this summer, the 'smaller' clubs are not rolling over to the bigger clubs demands like they once did.  This does raise concerns for those players that they could be tied to their contracts like Maguire.

Going forward, I see lots more 2-3 year deals instead of 4-5 and an increased use of release clauses.

Fwiw I think the owners here play the whole situation perfectly. We want our players to stay but they are individuals at the end of the day and if they have their heart set on moving I think we can show that providing an opposing team bids an acceptable amount (not unreasonable amount in the current market) then we'll let them go.

Hopefully Tielemans can see that and will sign soon.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Leicester are a team on the up, there is a real good feeling around the club and some real optimism after a couple of rough years on and off the pitch.  But, we aren't an elite level club and our young players will have their careers in the forefront of their minds.  If I put myself in their shoes, I'd be thinking that Leicester is a good place to be right now in the short term.  But long term? I want trophies and as much money as I can. Leicester are just not in a position at this time to take on the elite over the long term.

As we've seen this summer, the 'smaller' clubs are not rolling over to the bigger clubs demands like they once did.  This does raise concerns for those players that they could be tied to their contracts like Maguire.

Going forward, I see lots more 2-3 year deals instead of 4-5 and an increased use of release clauses.

Fwiw I think the owners here play the whole situation perfectly. We want our players to stay but they are individuals at the end of the day and if they have their heart set on moving I think we can show that providing an opposing team bids an acceptable amount (not unreasonable amount in the current market) then we'll let them go.

Hopefully Tielemans can see that and will sign soon.

Let me give you the flip side of that having had some experience in high level sport. The majority of professional players will love the idea of being part of something new and something developing. This squad will be relishing the idea that they can break the top 6 over the next couple of years and become a real established force. They can see the talent around them and they all know how high their stocks will rise as a result of that. As Leicester know better than anyone there's no better feeling than stunning the big boys and there is a real possibility of that happening with this group. It will definately be the primary reason Tielemans wants to come here and why the rest of the squad are more than happy to stay. 

• Like 2