Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tielemans

Could have gotten Tielemans for a lot less than 40mil if some twat in the media did not speculate that he is valued at 40mils months ago and all commentators who are paid to look knowledgeable repeated the same. I still remember Gary Neville saying on one show early on that “it has been reported that” Tielemans was worth around 40mil.  Monaco didnt want him - they would have been happy with a lot less.

• Sad 1

Anyone think that Rogers and Martinez (who must have a decent relationship from a few years ago) spoke on this and his prospects for playing in Euro 2020 were mentioned to him by the national manager ?  It may not have made a lot of difference but it ‘wouldn’t have hurt’ 

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Not one plane over Scotland. Seems odd. 

A well known fact - The country is covered entirely by dense clouds formed of evaporating whiskey and steam off of boiled haggises making it unpopular with airlines.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

A well known fact - The country is covered entirely by dense clouds formed of evaporating whiskey and steam off of boiled haggises making it unpopular with airlines.

Not forgetting the screeching din of bagpipes interfering with aircrafts on board computers.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Haggis and Whiskey? Sounds like a dream

7 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I can't remember feeling like a signing has ever been this important. Maybe Huth the last one

I have the same feeling. But it's not just a case of signing him, but the player also performing like he did last season again this.

Even if we get the player his stay will likely last 2 seasons maximum, but if those seasons are the ones where he embraces his potential and proves he can play for anyone then the ramifications are huge. The club's results and league positions should improve, and even after he leaves, Leicester should be seen as a much more attractive club. Other young potential superstars will see Leicester and want to "do a Tielemans" and be excited to join the club. It will literally take us up to the next level of competitiveness and club stature.

If we get him (and I believe we will), we will all be really excited. I think he will fulfil his potential here over those two seasons and though he won't be consistent week-to-week to begin with, I imagine that by the end of his stay he will be walking off with the MOTM award every game before going on to sign for one of the very elite clubs for a club record received fee.

• Like 1

I can see United coming in and matching our bid if it’s accepted tbh. Saves them doing the negotiating themselves and getting rinsed because they’re United. Hope my paranoia is misplaced 

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I have the same feeling. But it's not just a case of signing him, but the player also performing like he did last season again this.

Even if we get the player his stay will likely last 2 seasons maximum, but if those seasons are the ones where he embraces his potential and proves he can play for anyone then the ramifications are huge. The club's results and league positions should improve, and even after he leaves, Leicester should be seen as a much more attractive club. Other young potential superstars will see Leicester and want to "do a Tielemans" and be excited to join the club. It will literally take us up to the next level of competitiveness and club stature.

If we get him (and I believe we will), we will all be really excited. I think he will fulfil his potential here over those two seasons and though he won't be consistent week-to-week to begin with, I imagine that by the end of his stay he will be walking off with the MOTM award every game before going on to sign for one of the very elite clubs for a club record received fee.

Agree with all of this. I don't believe his performances for us were a purple patch, the guy oozes class. Yes he can't be expected to do it every single game but he rarely let us down last season

1 minute ago, Frost said:

Makes you wonder if the Perez deal is actually £30m. More like £22m with bonuses? 

Zero chance it is. Deal will go through as Undisclosed. The talk in the press of £30m is Mike Ashley and Newcastle PR team paying for favours to make it not seem as terrible! Happens all the time.

29 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Worrying if that’s not accepted....

I think as mentioned somewhere previously, generally bids go in only once the fee is agreed, i think hence the confidence.

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

That worries me.

There's no way we've spent £30m on Perez but won't go over £34m (38m Euros) for Youri "fookin" Tielemans! 

One good season with us and he will be worth well over double that IMO! 

Edited by STUHILL
  • Like 1