Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tielemans

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'd be quite happy with that, every time I've seen him play I've been very impressed. Plays as a lone front man, but great at holding onto the ball and linking up with others. And he hit over 25 goals last season.

The other link is that Tasmanian striker that plays in Belgium (Mbwanna Samatta), who also looked decent for similar reasons. 

I think Maupay would be a good option although I don't know if will sign him now that we have Perez (nearly).

44 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The owners have money but have rarely pushed the boat out to spend in th epast, trying to keep the club fairly self-sufficient. I guess the thinking being to make the club operationally tight and up to scratch, and getting the club stable in the Premier League before investing a serious sum. I feel like this is because they got burnt during their first few seasons when we had Sven-Goran Eriksson in charge and tried to spend out way out of the Championship. In the end what got us up was building a good team with great work ethic under Nigel Pearson instead of buying expensive mercenaries such as Matt Mills and Jermaine Beckford. So I think there has always been a money pot to use, but they've preferred to spend it on the infrastructure first before spending it on players, which is the mark of great owners IMO.

We have now been in the top league for 5 years, have a new training ground and stadium improvements on the way and have the core of an up and coming talented young team. So now might be the moment when the club feel like it's time to push. The owners have been known in the business world for being excellent long-term planners that stick to a strategy and execute it with dividends paying off long-term. One of the reasons why fans love our owners so much is that the same strategy appears to be working for the club too. Sure the league was a miracle and a total one-off, but the trajectory has always felt upwards, with lessons learnt and corrected along the way.

The commercial revenues of the top 6 clubs will make it very difficult to consistently get among those places, but I don't think it's unfair to say that from a purely operational perspective Leicester are run in a far superior fashion to Arsenal and Manchester United at present. Perhaps from a business standpoint the owners also feel like pushing now might mean displacing a team above us on a more permanent basis? Maybe that's why Top feels like NOW is the time to go for it properly.

From a pure business perspective, I'd rate Spurs as the best-run PL club.*  Man City, Pool and us are next.  Comparisons are subjective, but because of the vastly different resources, put us top of that tier.

Wolves have come up with a world-beating angle and are using it intelligently, but I don’t rate that as much as having great long-term strategy and demonstrating the ability to execute it and keep improving over several years.

The Srivaddanaprabhas and Susan Whelan came to this with virtually no knowledge of the sport, and less than a decade later, here we are.  Tremendously canny businesspeople, running little old Leicester.  We’ll never agree who the “world-class” players are, but anyone saying ours aren’t world-class owners can get in the bin.

* now it’s looking like Levy is going to get away with a stadium bet I thought was botched.

[ CL money : Spurs ]  =  [ 100% blood transfusion : Keith Richards ]

18 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The second page counts are mentioned threads should be shut down and deleted. It encourages utter drivel.

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You know you're a drip when any humour above ROFL HUNDRED PAGES TO GO GUYS requires "mensa level" intelligent in your mind. 

I said something similar on page 132 of the other thread. 

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You know you're a drip when any humour above ROFL HUNDRED PAGES TO GO GUYS requires "mensa level" intelligent in your mind. 

Sorry to hear that. Mind you, self awareness is the first step. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

This doesn't feel real. Surely we're not buying Perez for £30 million, Tielemans for £40 million (not €38 million :ph34r:), and getting a striker in too.

Don`t forget the winger....:blink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Puel actually got Tielemans here in the first place...

And made additions like Maddison.

I agree that Brendan is the better man to take us to the next level but there is no denying that Puel made some very good business for the club and set us up to be successful. Managing the team he built and his philosophy was probably the thing that limited his success.

If these signings come off then we must really aim to break Top 6, I will be disappointed if we don't give it a good go.

So what your saying is we need to recruit Puel as our DOF & bin rudders lol 

7 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Would prefer we got rid of some of the garbage first tbh.

Binning dog shit is never easy, it is likely to take place later and later in the window, in which case waiting until we get rid of fringe players before making signings is unrealistic and too risky.

42 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Sorry to hear that. Mind you, self awareness is the first step. 

"I NO U R U SAID U R BUT WOT AM I LOL" 

Fuuuucking hell, I hope 1968 is your top Candy Crush level not your year of birth. lol

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

"I NO U R U SAID U R BUT WOT AM I LOL" 

Fuuuucking hell, I hope 1968 is your top Candy Crush level not your year of birth. lol

Weak sir. Know when you’ve been schooled and act with the appropriate dignity. MENSA await your application. 

Edited by ARM1968