Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

14 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Lookman having a good tournament, would have liked to have had him on permanent in tge Enzo system 

Rodgers should be arrested for crimes against football. Absolutely wasted his potential, and yet he still got 6 in 20 games for us when we were already on our long and sorry decline.

• Like 2

Also on Moore, he says he's training with a club with a view to returning to playing, apparently nearly had to retire in the summer due to injuries, good luck to the lad, still only 30 and can surely do a good job for someone

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 4

Ryan Bertrand, his name popped up in a nothing piece and I went down memory lane.

£8mn paid over to Southampton in 2021
4 EPL games and £8,096,000 in wages later he departed
Lowest forum ranked player award for 2021/22.
Played 338 minutes.
Departed on a free, no taker.

That is a not so cool £47,600 a minute. 

2 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Ryan Bertrand, his name popped up in a nothing piece and I went down memory lane.

£8mn paid over to Southampton in 2021
4 EPL games and £8,096,000 in wages later he departed
Lowest forum ranked player award for 2021/22.
Played 338 minutes.
Departed on a free, no taker.

That is a not so cool £47,600 a minute. 

We didn't pay any fee for him to Southampton, he joined on a free transfer

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 03/02/2024 at 14:09, Tuna said:

Also on Moore, he says he's training with a club with a view to returning to playing, apparently nearly had to retire in the summer due to injuries, good luck to the lad, still only 30 and can surely do a good job for someone

We're shoddily run in so many aspects, but I do really like how we're there for ex players (who did well by us) when they need help.

5 hours ago, Tuna said:

We didn't pay any fee for him to Southampton, he joined on a free transfer

He was free, but we still negotiated a fee for him. That's how good our DoF is

8 minutes ago, OzFox said:

Very long shot, but any of the more ancient fans on here ever heard of a guy called John Sherwood?

Supposedly played a couple of games for us in the 50s, 1953 I think. 

Not listed on the FT History Section or Of Fossils and Foxes

23 minutes ago, davieG said:

Not listed on the FT History Section or Of Fossils and Foxes

Thanks.

My girlfriend's parents live in Townsville, Qld and got chatting to an old man who lived near them. My visits to Leicester came up in the conversation and his eyes lit up. He said his name was John Sherwood, that he'd played a couple of games but "wasn't good enough to play more", and that he was a neighbour of and friends with a young Gordon Banks. 

I never got to meet him because of Covid and he passed away in 2021.  I had a look through the squad lists for the period but couldn't find his name, so wondered if his story was true. Maybe he never actually made the first team.

34 minutes ago, OzFox said:

Thanks.

My girlfriend's parents live in Townsville, Qld and got chatting to an old man who lived near them. My visits to Leicester came up in the conversation and his eyes lit up. He said his name was John Sherwood, that he'd played a couple of games but "wasn't good enough to play more", and that he was a neighbour of and friends with a young Gordon Banks. 

I never got to meet him because of Covid and he passed away in 2021.  I had a look through the squad lists for the period but couldn't find his name, so wondered if his story was true. Maybe he never actually made the first team.

We used to have regular reserve team and league in the 60s so probably the 50s which always included some 1st teamers, no subs back then so you only needed 11 on a matchday as well so might have played in that.

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

We used to have regular reserve team and league in the 60s so probably the 50s which always included some 1st teamers, no subs back then so you only needed 11 on a matchday as well so might have played in that.

That would make sense. Thanks again.

22 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Vontae Daley-Campbell Released at the start of Feb by Cardiff 

IMG_8304.jpeg

I'm glad he leaves with their best wishes but sometimes I would like the truth

"We wanted him gone and we won't miss him one bit" would be well funny to read.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Oh dear. He was crap against Brighton in the cup, and looking he's only made a dozen league appearances at 22 years old. Probably time for a reality check. 

He goes with their best wishes tbf

9 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Oh dear. He was crap against Brighton in the cup, and looking he's only made a dozen league appearances at 22 years old. Probably time for a reality check. 

He’s not a bad player I’d still fully expect him to get a decent league one move and try work his way back up. 

Probably see him disappear off the face of the earth now. 

Edited by TJB-fox